James Potter’s POV - FF- New Update - Pg 8

shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Hi all,

This idea just came to me, inspired by Harry's look at Snape's memories in Book 7. Imagine having to recap the important aspect of James' life. This is short FF. I'm not a professional writer so be kind if you comment.😳 I hope you enjoy. This is a one-off FF for me but feel free to write your own interpretations of any important things that may have happened in James's life.

Disclaimar- I own nothing of Harry Potter. Everything belongs to JK Rowling. 😃 

Part One

James stood at the Entrance to the Great Hall and stared in amazement. The room was huge and the ceiling looked like the blanket in his rooms with silver dots on it. As he proceeded into the room behind a sulky looking dark haired boy he had seen on the train- Snape he thought was the name, James realized that the ceiling was in fact the night sky. The line stopped moving and everyone was silent.  Normally confident,  James looked around and soon regretted that decision.

Everyone it appeared in the Great Hall seemed to be staring at them ' the first years ' expectantly and it was a bit unnerving. But James knew what was coming . One by one the first years stepped up to be sorted into their Houses. The boy in front was stealing glances at the Sorting Hat, but James attention was drawn to the girl with the hat on and realized that Snape was not staring at the Hat but at the girl. She had the greenest eyes James had ever seen. The girl was sorted into Gryffindor. The boy from the train winced in front of James. James sniggered audibly enough for young Snape to hear. Sirius Black, the other boy from the train was sorted into Gryffindor. James anxiously awaited his turn and watched as the line filtered and students sorted into Hufflepuff ,Ravenclaw, Gryffindor and Slytherin. Snape stepped up to the stool and the hat seemed to ponder before deciding on Slytherin. Finally James turn came and no sooner had the Hat been placed on his head did the word Gryffindor erupt from it. Smiling James rose to take a place next to Sirius Black at the House table.

Part Two

It was the last day of an eventful and entertaining seven years, where friendships had been made and love had been found. The real world began for them now, but the promise of the future was tinged with cloud of fear. James stared at the school one last time, his hand enclosed in Lily's, and with his best friend's hand on his shoulder. Their safe and worry free lives about to come to an end, but these friends looked with hope to a future that at times seemed hopeless. With friendships to guide them, they will prevail in making this world better for all to live.

The order awaited them and so did their lives. James and Lily were to be wed in a month's time. In these times, being with loved ones took precedence over everything. James, Lily, Sirius, Remus, and Peter  all turned and walked towards the horseless carriages that would take them to the train. Snape stared at their backs as they walked away, with equal amounts of hate and love in his heart. Hate for the man who would undoubtedly marry the woman he loved. But Snape's destiny was not to protect the innocent as James and his elk were intent on doing, but to join the ranks of He who will hold the fortunes and misfortunes of the wizarding world in his hands. The master, his Lord. Smiling at the thought, Snape started his walk to the train and for the briefest of moments, his eyes met and held Lily's as she turned to take a final look.

Part three

James smiled at his wife and son. They were his world. They were all he had that he could call family. After his parents deaths, Lily became support and Harry became his life. His son would break hearts, James thought to himself, smiling at the unseen future. Just like his Godfather. He hoped that Harry would find friends to surround himself with, that would care as much for him as he cared for his friends. He hoped that he would find love like he found with Lily. He hoped that he would live a content life.

Though he was in hiding, James was content. He was doing exactly as he hoped to be doing playing with his son and laughing with his wife. The words, son and wife still sounded strange coming from him. Was he really mature enough to have a wife and child/ he often wondered to himself. James still felt at times that he was just sixteen running about the grounds at Hogwarts.

Suddenly, the door flew open and turning with a smile on his face expecting to see his friend , his brother, Sirius, he saw the unthinkable. Protect them were his thoughts as he rose it seemed in slow motion. Protect my family! He yelled for Lily to run, take Harry to safety and he turned, ready to give his life for his family. It was his life that he gave!

We know the rest from here.

Edited by shellytt - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anuradhasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
👏 👏 👏
all i can say....is.......Wonderfull!!!!!!!!......
shellytt thumbnail

Originally posted by: anuradhasharma

👏 👏 👏
all i can say....is.......Wonderfull!!!!!!!!......

Thank you😳

shellytt thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishttha

i'm speechless 😍

I hope that's a good thing, and if it is Thank you.😳

legallyzoya thumbnail
Yeah nice one...i liek the way u gave guist of every imp phase of his life!
thanx... 😛 😊 😃
shellytt thumbnail

Originally posted by: zoya24

Yeah nice one...i liek the way u gave guist of every imp phase of his life!
thanx... 😛 😊 😃

I thought, that those were the most important parts to write about, although I did also want to write a little about his time in the Order before he had Harry, but , I didn't know if I would have been able to that justice. 😕

Thank you for the nice comment though😳

chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wow! you should definitely write more FFs! amazing! 😃 😃
shellytt thumbnail

Originally posted by: chhilt

wow! you should definitely write more FFs! amazing! 😃 😃

Thanks for the compliment,😳 but as I said earlier this was just a one off FF. No more at least in the foreseeable future.😆

HPCRAZY thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

If you are not a professional writer shellytt,it's high time that you became one😃 It was simply lovely going through this😃 It's so nicely written,specially Part2;I guess James Potter is one character that lots of HP fans(including moi😳) forgot,specially in the light of the revelation of Snape's reality.So it was absolutely wonderful to read something written from James' POV .Fantastic job.👏👏👏Two thumbs up👍🏼👍🏼

Edited by HPCRAZY - 15 years ago
HPCRAZY thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

"His son would break hearts, James thought to himself, smiling at the unseen future. Just like his Godfather"

I love this line😳😳😳 Poor,poor Sirius😭😭😭 It's heart-breaking to think of the life full of success,happiness,love,& glory he could have led had it not been for that"filthy,stinkin' turncoat" Pettigrew😡 So glad that atleast Harry was ultimately able to lead that peaceful life that his parents & his godfather so tragically lost.