DOTW: Does apu deserve to be wasted

thesaint148 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
It had been soo long that i was convincing myself to avoid this post. but today after seeing apu being completely wasted, i couldn't resist but make this post.
  • Apu was a man who stole our hearts with just one glance as Armaan Suri.
  • A man who gave us goosebumps with the way he used to grab Jassi and pull her towards him, thereby marking her his forever ....
  • He was a man, who cried for his jassi when he had lost her, and we could feel tears blurting out of our eyes like anything.
  • He was the man who romanced with Jassi and our hearts jumped a trillion times at his brilliant presence.
And then came Kaajjal ...

Apu as DPS stole our  hearts, rocked our worlds, and took our senses away.
  • When he was arrogant, we felt our hearts falling at his feet;
  • When he was gentle, we felt our hearts melting to him;
  • When he loved Kaajjal, we felt the power of those emotions;
  • When he gave Kaajjal away to Dhruv, we felt our hearts crying for his hurt;
  • When he cried for his dying mother, we felt our souls crying for his mother as well;
  • When he was tortured by seeing Kaajal and Adi together, we felt our whole being tortured by the same pain and agony ....
  • And when he romanced with Kaajjal, touched her hand, or put her dupatta back on her shoulder, or hugged her as his, we could feel his every emotion, every touch, and every sentiment.
That was the power of the man, for whom the word performance and acting are not enough. To him, i wish there was a much superior word ... Or i can say, he is the man with immense talent, superior performance skills, and brilliant way of communicating with his viewers. I don't know if i can ever say anything which can justify his strength and talent as an actor.

And today .....
  • When i see him as a doctor, about whom, after 13 episodes we are not sure what he does - it hurts;
  • When i see him, always standing behind rohini and just drooling, wasting his time - it hurts;
  • When i see him with that long and shabby hair and look - it hurts;
  • When i see him being treated by ammo like a servant - it hurts;
  • When i see him being shouted at by rohini - it hurts;
  • When i see him doing nothing in an episode then worry about ammo and her toilet - it hurts; it really really hurts!!!
And so i ask the makers of this show; I ask Apu; and I ask NDTV Imagine ..... Does apu really deserve to be wasted like this. A man who was once the best actor of telly wood (2005), does he really deserve to be treated and wasted like this??????????????????? 😭
Edited by thesaint148 - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Kashish u have summed it !! I was truly very unhappy that his talent is wated !! Now with the streaming video feature and we can watch all the videos the same day we are just missing Apus talent and his potential !! He can do wonders and T&D know that then why is there not enough of his role potrayed or well defined for us to pour our appriciation on him !! Its like a bank of appriciation awits for him but de to lack of screen space its rusting away !!! 😭 😭
saroja Iyer thumbnail
apu sir can never be wasted... i am his fan ever since i have seen pardes...he is too cute and talented.. i think rkb has enough space for everyone.. apu sir is doing a good job as dr shekhar...
thesaint148 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
lets hope what u girls think comes true and apu rocks as shekhar as well. To be frank i am here because of apu and my loyalties stand with him. and thats why i feel hurt when i see him lost and not up to the mark.

chalo, lets wait and watch .... i hope things get better with time, though i doubt it. πŸ˜•
sanju kushwaha thumbnail
hiii new to this forum .i think u r correct .
waiting for one week and after this onky one minute scene from 1 hour episode it really hurts me.after seeing todays episode i was to cried what is this.i watch this serial only for apu as he is great actor.
sorry but i think he should quit this serial there is nothing for him.it is story about three sister not apu.
riya_007 thumbnail
u guys r abolutely rite! apu has a vry sidey role in rkb nd yesterday's episode was vry dissapointin..... apu jst came 4 a min in the whole i hour !😭

@thesaint , i noe it really hurts to see apu is a supportin role jst droolin ova rohini....
apu makes me go weak in my knees 😳 bt his talent is bein wastd in rkb!
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Very well said Kashish, πŸ‘πŸ‘ I cudnt have said it better.

The only reason i started NDTV Imagine wis Apurva, I am watching RKB only for Apurva but it hurts to see such a talented actor being wasted like this 😭 😭 😭 . Maybe he is not the lead but he never played the lead actor in kaajjal or JJKN but it never felt that he was the unwanted one in the team.😭

We understand TD wants to give break to new actors hence they are focussing more on them but that doesnt mean Apu shud be sidelined. How can an actor who won the Best Actor Award for his flawless acting be made to stand in one corner and speak when asked? πŸ˜•Each every chracter has a background, whereas Apu's family is no where to be found, his work place in imaginary,his home is so far the car.. how where and why he came to Roshan Villa none knows.

This is really really disappointing. I hope he quits and takes up a daily soon.
Edited by Ananya_A - 16 years ago
rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: thesaint148

It had been soo long that i was convincing myself to avoid this post. but today after seeing apu being completely wasted, i couldn't resist but make this post.

Apu was a man who stole our hearts with just one glance as Armaan Suri. A man who gave us goosebumps with the way he used to grab Jassi and pull her towards him, thereby marking her his forever .... He was a man, who cried for his jassi when he had lost her, and we could feel tears blurting out of our eyes like anything.
  • He was the man who romanced with Jassi and our hearts jumped a trillion times at his brilliant presence.
And then came Kaajjal ...

Apu as DPS stole our  hearts, rocked our worlds, and took our senses away.
    When he was arrogant, we felt our hearts falling at his feet; When he was gentle, we felt our hearts melting to him; When he loved Kaajjal, we felt the power of those emotions; When he gave Kaajjal away to Dhruv, we felt our hearts crying for his hurt; When he cried for his dying mother, we felt our souls crying for his mother as well; When he was tortured by seeing Kaajal and Adi together, we felt our whole being tortured by the same pain and agony ....
  • And when he romanced with Kaajjal, touched her hand, or put her dupatta back on her shoulder, or hugged her as his, we could feel his every emotion, every touch, and every sentiment.
That was the power of the man, for whom the word performance and acting are not enough. To him, i wish there was a much superior word ... Or i can say, he is the man with immense talent, superior performance skills, and brilliant way of communicating with his viewers. I don't know if i can ever say anything which can justify his strength and talent as an actor.

And today .....
    When i see him as a doctor, about whom, after 13 episodes we are not sure what he does - it hurts; When i see him, always standing behind rohini and just drooling, wasting his time - it hurts; When i see him with that long and shabby hair and look - it hurts; When i see him being treated by ammo like a servant - it hurts; When i see him being shouted at by rohini - it hurts;
  • When i see him doing nothing in an episode then worry about ammo and her toilet - it hurts; it really really hurts!!!

And so i ask the makers of this show; I ask Apu; and I ask NDTV Imagine ..... Does apu really deserve to be wasted like this. A man who was once the best actor of telly wood (2005), does he really deserve to be treated and wasted like this??????????????????? 😭

I totally agree 100% with what you say. It hurts bad. Watching RKB is sheer torture for me which i can't as apu is still in the show🀒

rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Ananya_A

Very well said Kashish, πŸ‘πŸ‘ I cudnt have said it better.

The only reason i started NDTV Imagine wis Apurva, I am watching RKB only for Apurva but it hurts to see such a talented actor being wasted like this 😭 😭 😭 . Maybe he is not the lead but he never played the lead actor in kaajjal or JJKN but it never felt that he was the unwanted one in the team.😭

We understand TD wants to give break to new actors hence they are focussing more on them but that doesnt mean Apu shud be sidelined. How can an actor who won the Best Actor Award for his flawless acting be made to stand in one corner and speak when asked? πŸ˜•Each every chracter has a background, whereas Apu's family is no where to be found, his work place in imaginary,his home is so far the car.. how where and why he came to Roshan Villa none knows.

This is really really disappointing. I hope he quits and takes up a daily soon.

i agree . After what they have done to apu character , i rather not watch any TD soap again🀒

gambi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Kashuu very well said!! πŸ‘ I wonder what's happening to TD? I thought they would never waste his talents, but now it's the opposite. I hope they start giving his character more prominence and soon the story develops, warna.....td hum tumhe khaa jaayenge. 😑 πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I just want to invite td to my house and feed them loads of mirch pakore and lemonade. Maybe, only then, they will agree. πŸ˜† TD pleasseee do something and give our shonu more prominence. Let's sit and watch kashuu, what happens next. If we don't see any good results, then maybe we should start emailing them.What say? πŸ˜ƒ