Jokes

*~Rules (+1 new) & Suggestions~*

Posted: 16 years ago

Hey All Members

There are some rules that we ALL must follow.
Please read the rules before posting in this section.

Members seem confused on rules and what is and what is not allowed. Combining all the rules here from Sam and Kimi's threads.

Here are the rules. And One NEW Rule,is in a Yellow Box

-No non veg obscene jokes are accepted. No double meaning jokes either.
- No jokes about sardars, biharis, racial or any particular religion allowed
- No blond jokes! (How would you feel if you were laughed at coz of your hair colour??)
- No more than 3 jokes threads a day

No jokes about IF members.  No Chatting/Spamming in this section.
  • No use of foul language/vulgarity  

If you haven't noticed, whatever Obscene jokes we've seen have been trashed without giving a reason at all... If you'll continue, warnings will be issued and warning level can be raised, so be careful.

Also, please refrain from saying "lol" and 'Thanks' in posts. USE the thanks you button. If we notice you saying just lol or laughing emoticons, you will receive a warning and if you don't heed, warning level will be raised.

ADULT CONTENT JOKES.

STRICT NO-NO!!

Please see this topic about this. STRICT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN!

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/863178

Moderator's Note:
    *NEW RULE*

Regarding 3 topics MAX per Day.

You are only allowed 3 topics/thread a day.

New rule - Inside One thread, you may only have 3 different jokes inside any one thread.

This means Three threads with 3 joke inside each MAX = 9 JOKES.

Also a side note: Please post all 3 jokes on the same post than 3 sperate posts inide that thread, as i will be regarded as Spamming and tring to increase your post count.  

So guys,

Please read the rules, and any violation of the rules will result in action being enforced ad you can not say you did not know of the rules when these are clear.

If you do not understand, Please PM a member of the Joke Dev Team  or the GD CM's (anon and Naughty_n_nice).

Also if you have any queries / questions / complaints / suggestions pleas e post it here...

Your ideas / suggestions are always welcome.

Also do not hesitate in pointing out if anything wrong is happening in this section.

Love,
    General Discussions Dev Team

-Reminder please press  here rather than 'will follow', and thnxs etc...unless you have a queries, then do post that here.

• Edited by anon - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angeleyes 2 thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks for the info๐Ÿ˜Š

samz-14 thumbnail
    thx 4 da info
    i was wondering if you press the thank you button does ur number of posts go up...
    cuz sumtimes i just post 2 make my post level go up ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Manzz thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hello

With regards to the new rule, three replies to each thread. per day.

I am aware that this rule has been done to target my posting.

I wish to state that, I took the trouble of understanding and interpreting the rules and regulations in the right manner with the help of  Viewbie Shazia_haya โ€“ Sumra, and also by posting query at the help desk.

I also maintained while posting, five replies per thread, a total of eighteen.  This was my unwritten rule.

Still a rule was added which  I feel is unethical and unfair, because, this was added just to target my posting. And also it does limit ones scope to provide few more and maintain neatness in his her posting. I also understand every one needs to be allowed to post jokes too.

Hence I suggest and wish to request that instead of three per thread, make it five per thread,  and if he or she misses the mark by one or two, please do not penalize.

These are my views and request. I hope and expect that I have not over reached or breached any rule or hurt anyone. This is not my intention but pointing out a thought and view which I feel is not in the spirit of things and for the well being of this section.

Thank you

Manzz thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hello

With regards to the repetition of jokes,  I once more wish to make a plea and request that it is difficult to know what joke is posted and what joke is not posted. And one joke has many variations. And if a jokes is repeated in a space of a month or two, I think viewer ship would be different and also that some one might have missed it and has a chance to view the same.

My request and suggestion is that please view the repetition of the jokes in a lenient manner and let it be there. Unless of course it had been posted a day or two before, ask the person to replace it.

Thank You

Star_on_earth thumbnail
    Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
    Originally posted by: Manzz

Hello

With regards to the new rule, three replies to each thread. per day.

I am aware that this rule has been done to target my posting.

first of all let me tell you the new rule was made just to organise the jokes section....and inform all the members (each one of you) what they are expected to do.

I wish to state that, I took the trouble of understanding and interpreting the rules and regulations in the right manner with the help of  Viewbie Shazia_haya โ€“ Sumra, and also by posting query at the help desk.

we appreciate your hardwork and also agree that what you did was nothing wrong as there was no such rule earlier.....so you are not being blamed for anything.

I also maintained while posting, five replies per thread, a total of eighteen.  This was my unwritten rule.

Still a rule was added which  I feel is unethical and unfair, because, this was added just to target my posting. And also it does limit ones scope to provide few more and maintain neatness in his her posting. I also understand every one needs to be allowed to post jokes too.

yes everybody is allowed to post...but the main idea behind this new rule was not to offend you..but just for your own good. we felt that if you continue posting jokes in your own topics...members would not comment much...and even if they do it would be lost if you post more jokes further.

so to make it more organised a standard rule for max. 3 jokes was introduced, after which the members can post their comments. that we thought was more appropriate.

Hence I suggest and wish to request that instead of three per thread, make it five per thread,  and if he or she misses the mark by one or two, please do not penalize.

this can be looked on and will let you know if you can do so!

These are my views and request. I hope and expect that I have not over reached or breached any rule or hurt anyone. This is not my intention but pointing out a thought and view which I feel is not in the spirit of things and for the well being of this section.

you are always welcome to share your views and requests...and about breaching any rule...so far you have not done anything wrong...and we appreciate your hardwork for this section. but pls note if we are making some rules, it is not for our benefit but for the section and its members๐Ÿ˜ณ.. hope u understand.

Thank you

Star_on_earth thumbnail
    Originally posted by: Manzz

Hello

With regards to the repetition of jokes,  I once more wish to make a plea and request that it is difficult to know what joke is posted and what joke is not posted. And one joke has many variations. And if a jokes is repeated in a space of a month or two, I think viewer ship would be different and also that some one might have missed it and has a chance to view the same.

My request and suggestion is that please view the repetition of the jokes in a lenient manner and let it be there. Unless of course it had been posted a day or two before, ask the person to replace it.

Thank You

Repeating a joke is not against the rules..as it could be done by mistake...so we only close it so that members can still read it.๐Ÿ˜ณ

This again is done so that new jokes are brought forward rather than the same old ones by the comments of the other members.

Star_on_earth thumbnail

Originally posted by: samz-14

thx 4 da info
    i was wondering if you press the thank you button does ur number of posts go up...
    cuz sumtimes i just post 2 make my post level go up ๐Ÿ˜ณ

pressing "Thank you" does not increase your post. It should be used when you only have to say Thank you to anybody for their topic, so instead of replying you can just press this button.

Also note: posting just to increase your level should be avoided. pls make sure your post only when it is required, otherwise it is spamming.

samz-14 thumbnail
    Originally posted by: Star_on_earth

pressing "Thank you" does not increase your post. It should be used when you only have to say Thank you to anybody for their topic, so instead of replying you can just press this button.

Also note: posting just to increase your level should be avoided. pls make sure your post only when it is required, otherwise it is spamming.

Woops i ddnt noo dats spaming wont do it no more thank 4 da info

fly2me thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
    thx a lot for the info guys....thx a lot ๐Ÿ˜ƒ