Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Abhinav Shukla gets candid on his first crush, about being curious and much more....
by Vidhya Krishnan
Sep 01, 2008, Bangalore

I'm attracted to…Things which evoke curiosity attracts me I know the popular saying, Curiosity killed the cat holds true, but I am by nature, a very curious person.

I drive . I own an Accent Viva but I desire to buy a Jetta.

I'm a gizmo person…I am a gadget-freak. A total system – wireless, digital stuff, laptop. I love traveling and carry my photograph almost everywhere.

My recent purchase…GPS. And I am mighty proud of it!

I get sweaty and dirty…while working hard. Yes, along with curiosity, I am a hard worker!

I'm definitely a not a water person. I would much rather stay indoors and watch the pitter patter of the rain against the window.

I just finished reading… I don't remember but I browse through subjects on science, physics, and optics.

Most treasured moment...I have lots but the most recent one was when I had recently been to a place called Chandratal Lake in Himalayas; it was a beautiful experience. I am in my element when I am part of nature.

I smile…When somebody displays love and affection and the warmth zings through me.

I'm angry and I blow my steam on....Illogical behavior! People who are atrocious, selfish and inconsiderate about others. I cannot understand such behavior. I am at loss. I generally show my anger on people whom I am close to. I was a short-tempered person but not anymore.

If I woke up one morning and discovered that I had turned into a woman… I would get all the clothing to suit me. Head out to the Chanel or Fendi outlet and splurge till I drop!

My first crush was in the 9th grade… No, hang on…I was a way too quicker on that. I had my first crush when I was in my 5th grade itself.

I get high on…Alcohol. />
My favorite restaurant would… I am not a big foodie and I don't have any restaurant to mention in specific.

My last holiday was…Himalayas.

If it was my last day on earth…I would meet all my loved ones, take a long drive, get a lot of photographs and document my entire life.

I embrace…Respecting nature, reasoning and being adventurous.

At the moment, I want…Food; I am very hungry at the moment.

My all time favorite movie… 'Band of Brothers'.

My weekend is...Spending time outdoors. I like to plan my weekends well in advance and prefer having nice company around me. I also like being alone but it depends on my moods.

I believe in… My abilities and my fore-sightedness.

And my future is…Thinking of long-term plans is far too vague. My short-term plan would be getting a chance in a decent movie.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/abhinav_shukla_lifestyle/september-01-2008/abhinav_shukla_lifestyle.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Joshi family is all set for the puja...

by Tellywatch News Desk     

Sep 08, 2008, Mumbai  

Babul Ka Aangan Chootey na... plot all set for the ritual

Striking a royal pose on the sets of Babul Ka Aangan...

Watching the steps

Aastha in her traditional finery

A child-artiste looks on

On the sets in Rajasthan

All set for Pooja

The Joshi family get together in Rajasthan

Aastha preparing for the Pooja shot

And the rituals begin...

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_features/babul_ka_aangan_family_pictures/september-08-2008//babul_ka_aangan_family_pictures_puja_ritual_rjasthan.html
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Even God is unkind to our farmers: Kiran Dubey
by Vidhya Krishnan
Sep 09, 2008, Bangalore

As part of our continuing series 'If I Could…I Would', we talked to the gorgeous Kiran Dubey about the social causes she would fight for, if she could.

"Firstly, I would fight for the betterment of our farmers. They live in penury and are at the mercy of the weather. At times I feel that even God is unkind to them. Some serious thought needs to be given to this issue. I am doing my bit for the cause but I won't reveal anything at the moment."

Another cause close to Kiran's heart is reforming the education sector. She elaborates on it, "I would love to change the education system in our country. Emphasis on compulsory education is a must especially on certain subjects like math and science. Apart from this, counseling for students in all schools has to be developed. This will help guide the kids on the right path and give them a good foundation. After all, they are the future of our nation."

We couldn't agree more, Kiran. We hope that everything you can, you will.

Anashah1980 thumbnail
AASTHA CHAUDHARY STRIKES BIG
[10 Sep 2008]
ALL THE AUNTIES LIKE MY SHOW

She's the quintessential demure and pretty Indian bahu every mother wishes for her son. She's the dutiful daughter that we all aim to be. Simple, charming and constantly striving to achieve that balance in her personal and professional life, Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na's lead protagonist Aastha is eerily similar to the soft-spoken and docile Aastha Chaudhary. Her show is currently leading the TRP bandwagon on Sony, and the young actress has much to smile about.

ST: How did you take acting as a profession after being a qualified software engineer?

AC: I gave myself six months for acting in Mumbai. Otherwise, I am a qualified software engineer, and could take up a job here in that field.  But a cameo in Saat Phere was followed by a four-month role in Rakhi, where I played the parallel lead. The big break, of course, came in the form of Sony's Babul…. I gave an audition, and got a call from them after that. I was short-listed among the final few, after which I had to clear about 5-6 look tests.

ST: Wasn't Chhavi Mittal originally considered for the lead role?

AC: That's what I'd heard. I'm guessing that's why they made me go through so many look tests. They must have been confused, whether to sign on a seasoned actress like Chhavi or a newcomer like me.

ST: It's also been heard that her parents were not too happy about her decision to join the acting field.

AC: That's not entirely true. I wouldn't say they were against it. But I come from a small city, Alwar, in Rajasthan, and that too I have an engineering background. So they did wonder why I wanted to act. Also the thought of shifting to Mumbai and living here raises questions in parents' minds. But once they were convinced it's a gharelu show, they had no qualms. I've kept all my promises to them. And they're obviously very happy for their daughter's success.

ST: While television is something they've agreed to, films are not something they'd say a yes to. And that's something which Aastha agrees with.

AC: When it comes to movies, it's a big 'no' from my side. I'm not comfortable with the exposure that is required in that field. I can't do the kind of scenes that are required. I'm just not comfortable about it.

ST:  What about the new kind of alternative cinema that is making its mark now?

AC: If it's a different kind of film, tab main sochoongi. If it's something like the character I play in Babul…, that of a sweet simple girl, then maybe I can think about it.

ST: Beyond all her reservations, Aastha is incredibly happy that her show has been received so well by the audiences.

AC: People like my character. All the aunties like my show. That's so good.

ST:  What about the plot of the show, which has now moved on to very absurd lines?

AC: Well, it's a daily soap, yahan pe aisa hi hota hai. There's never any reality shown in a daily soap. People like to watch such stuff, that's why it's shown. Initially, I felt my character was quite similar to the real-life me. But now I realize, she makes no mistakes, and that's just impossible in real life. I don't feel any similarity between the on-screen Aastha and of-screen Aastha.

ST: Siddharth Shukla, the man who plays Aastha's husband in the show, is rumoured to be much more than just a friend off-screen. So is it that the reel romance has taken real proportions now?

AC: Who told you that?  He's a good friend, and we do a lot of masti on the sets. The kind of work we do, there's a lot of stress with the long hours. Siddharth makes everyone laugh with his non-stop jokes and pranks. From the spot dada to the producers, everyone loves him. But there's nothing like that between us. We're not dating.

ST: In fact, Aastha insists that there's no special man in her life at present either.

AC: I am single and ready to mingle. I want a sunder, susheel boy, who is sweet, caring and loyal. He should suit my on-screen character Aastha.

ST: What about her other co-star Rahil Azam? Apparently they don't really get along.
AC: (Once again, I'm given a 'Who told you that?' look.) Hamare beech bilkul koi ego hassles nahin. Rahil is our senior. He guides Siddharth and me about various technical stuff like the right camera angles, and other tips. I don't hang out with Rahil, but that's because we hardly have the time.

ST:  No time to do anything else either?

AC:  As of now, no! It's only this.

ST:  What about working with the biggest name of them all – Balaji?

AC: Right now, I don't think they'll take me as a main lead for any of their shows. That's because I've already done one main lead. But ahead, why not?

Now here's someone who's going to go places!

**BY SNEHA KAMAT

-- k k rai
niveditha thumbnail

TUBETATTLE - And Off he Went

Article Rank 
< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
< name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=12_09_2008_536_004&kword=&mode=1&Arch=" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">
Anashah1980 thumbnail
AASTHA CHAUDHARY STRIKES BIG
[10 Sep 2008]
ALL THE AUNTIES LIKE MY SHOW

She's the quintessential demure and pretty Indian bahu every mother wishes for her son. She's the dutiful daughter that we all aim to be. Simple, charming and constantly striving to achieve that balance in her personal and professional life, Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na's lead protagonist Aastha is eerily similar to the soft-spoken and docile Aastha Chaudhary. Her show is currently leading the TRP bandwagon on Sony, and the young actress has much to smile about.

ST: How did you take acting as a profession after being a qualified software engineer?

AC: I gave myself six months for acting in Mumbai. Otherwise, I am a qualified software engineer, and could take up a job here in that field.  But a cameo in Saat Phere was followed by a four-month role in Rakhi, where I played the parallel lead. The big break, of course, came in the form of Sony's Babul…. I gave an audition, and got a call from them after that. I was short-listed among the final few, after which I had to clear about 5-6 look tests.

ST: Wasn't Chhavi Mittal originally considered for the lead role?

AC: That's what I'd heard. I'm guessing that's why they made me go through so many look tests. They must have been confused, whether to sign on a seasoned actress like Chhavi or a newcomer like me.

ST: It's also been heard that her parents were not too happy about her decision to join the acting field.

AC: That's not entirely true. I wouldn't say they were against it. But I come from a small city, Alwar, in Rajasthan, and that too I have an engineering background. So they did wonder why I wanted to act. Also the thought of shifting to Mumbai and living here raises questions in parents' minds. But once they were convinced it's a gharelu show, they had no qualms. I've kept all my promises to them. And they're obviously very happy for their daughter's success.

ST: While television is something they've agreed to, films are not something they'd say a yes to. And that's something which Aastha agrees with.

AC: When it comes to movies, it's a big 'no' from my side. I'm not comfortable with the exposure that is required in that field. I can't do the kind of scenes that are required. I'm just not comfortable about it.

ST:  What about the new kind of alternative cinema that is making its mark now?

AC: If it's a different kind of film, tab main sochoongi. If it's something like the character I play in Babul…, that of a sweet simple girl, then maybe I can think about it.

ST: Beyond all her reservations, Aastha is incredibly happy that her show has been received so well by the audiences.

AC: People like my character. All the aunties like my show. That's so good.

ST:  What about the plot of the show, which has now moved on to very absurd lines?

AC: Well, it's a daily soap, yahan pe aisa hi hota hai. There's never any reality shown in a daily soap. People like to watch such stuff, that's why it's shown. Initially, I felt my character was quite similar to the real-life me. But now I realize, she makes no mistakes, and that's just impossible in real life. I don't feel any similarity between the on-screen Aastha and of-screen Aastha.

ST: Siddharth Shukla, the man who plays Aastha's husband in the show, is rumoured to be much more than just a friend off-screen. So is it that the reel romance has taken real proportions now?

AC: Who told you that?  He's a good friend, and we do a lot of masti on the sets. The kind of work we do, there's a lot of stress with the long hours. Siddharth makes everyone laugh with his non-stop jokes and pranks. From the spot dada to the producers, everyone loves him. But there's nothing like that between us. We're not dating.

ST: In fact, Aastha insists that there's no special man in her life at present either.

AC: I am single and ready to mingle. I want a sunder, susheel boy, who is sweet, caring and loyal. He should suit my on-screen character Aastha.

ST: What about her other co-star Rahil Azam? Apparently they don't really get along.
AC: (Once again, I'm given a 'Who told you that?' look.) Hamare beech bilkul koi ego hassles nahin. Rahil is our senior. He guides Siddharth and me about various technical stuff like the right camera angles, and other tips. I don't hang out with Rahil, but that's because we hardly have the time.

ST:  No time to do anything else either?

AC:  As of now, no! It's only this.

ST:  What about working with the biggest name of them all – Balaji?

AC: Right now, I don't think they'll take me as a main lead for any of their shows. That's because I've already done one main lead. But ahead, why not?

Now here's someone who's going to go places!

**BY SNEHA KAMAT

-- k k rai
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Kahaanieco-friendly Ganesha Ki
12 Sep 2008, 0058 hrs IST, GITA HARI

Sumeet Raghavan (TOI photo)
How can we avoid polluting the environment, our beautiful lakes and water bodies from clogging with the innumerable POP idols of Lord Ganesha after immersion?

Television stars come up with some of their suggestions to save the earth...

SUMEET RAGHAVAN
Till last year it used to be at my in-laws' place but this year I am celebrating Ganesh Utsav at home. I am all for an eco-friendly celebration. We will be doing puja of a silver idol of the Lord along with a supari (betelnut) and after one-and-a-half days, we will immerse the supari and keep back the idol. This way I feel you do not pollute the sea or the environment.

TWINKLE BAJPAI
I do visit Ganpati mandals for darshan. I strongly suggest that people go for metal idols which can be reused every year. For instance, small gold murtis can be given a new look every year by decorating it differently.

KIRAN DUBEY
I recently participated in a young environmentalist programme by Elsie Gabriel in Powai. We made some small and beautiful clay Ganesha idols. I believe in 'youth power', and it is us who need to teach the young to cultivate the right environmental habits through our actions!

KUSHAL PUNJABI
Go for non-toxic and easily soluble materials for the idols. Instead of each and every nuclear family bringing in an idol to worship, it would be much better if everyone from a family tree gathered to worship at one house. This would cut down on the number of idols immersed.

ARZOO GOVITRIKAR
I believe in small idols made out of mother earth that are easily soluble in water. If each one makes an effort, every drop in the ocean counts so let's network to come together to save our earth and its resources together.

ANOOP SONI
Avoid personal Ganesha celebrations and attend Sarvajanik or building society's Ganesha festivities. To nurture our belief, we can always pray at home. It will also reduce traffic jams, noise pollutions and immersion hassles.

MUNISHA KHATWANI
One must be environmentally conscious. It is preferable to use Shaadu Maati that dissolves easily in water.

ROSHNI CHOPRA
Ganesh festival sets the mood for revelry and I don't mind the naach-gaana which is a part of Mumbai's culture. Only I wish idols made of bio-degradable papier mache is used to avert pollution hazards.
var imgid = '3472074';var capt = 'Sumeet Raghavan (TOI photo)';var cnt='1'; var ttl='Sumeet Raghavan'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ''; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; bellyad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Itishree stressed out due to controversial rape scene
Itishree stressed out due to controversial rape scene

by Vidhya Krishnan

Sep 15, 2008, Bangalore  

Actress Itishree Singh, who appears on popular soap Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na is under severe stress these days. Ever since word spread about a rape scene featuring her on the soap, the calls have been raining in.

A harried Itishree tells us, "With the kind of phone calls that I have been getting regarding the scene, it feels like I am reliving the sequence again and again. There are no graphic scenes and it's not the way people think it is. The character I play is chased by someone. I am first made to feel drowsy by consuming some drink. She tries to escape but after a while, she falls in the mud. In the subsequent scenes, it comes to light that she was raped that night."

Did she have any reservations about the scene? "When I was told about the scene, I was terrified initially and I did take sometime to mentally prepare myself. But later I was okay with it. I insisted on certain scenes being cut down though."

Now that we have the real story from the horse's mouth, we hope that the rumours will soon stop.

niveditha thumbnail
Horse-riding causes chaos in Babul ka Aangan…

by Vidhya Krishnan

Sep 16, 2008, Bangalore  

It's literally rough riding for Aastha, Abhinav and Siddharth on the sets of Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na. A particular sequence required the trio to ride horses. The way it turned out, it seems the three won't be found anywhere near a stable for a long time. We're told that Aastha even broke down out of fear. To get the story from the 'horse's' mouth, we got in touch with Abhinav.

Abhinav said, "It was very scary in the beginning and I was very uncomfortable for the first two days. But later I was okay with it. Luckily my horse was not so aggressive as Aastha's and Siddarth's. The worry was more about falling down and breaking my bones. Siddharth did have a few hiccups and he started shouting. The horse got even more aggressive when he heard the shots. Aastha also was very uncomfortable and she started crying as her horse was very aggressive. Luckily, there were no major mishaps."

So, what exactly was the problem with the horses? Abhinav explains, "We had to ride the horse on the road and it was difficult to handle because horse-riding has to be done on a smooth surface like grass. We were worried that they would go out of control. But anyways I am happy in a way that I learnt the basics of horse-riding. I did have some theoretical experience with horse-riding but this was my first practical experience."

Aastha and Siddharth remained unavailable for comment. It seems that they are yet to shake off the nightmare.

niveditha thumbnail
No time for sports: Sidharth

Actor Sidharth Shukla has been a sports freak all his life. He was a first division football player and he still remembers the match he played at the under-19 level against Real Madrid at Bombay Gymkhana.

"It was a very tight match where I'd tackled opponents and taken the ball from one side to the other side. Leonardo, the great 1985 Brazillian football player personally came up to me and congratulated me for my effort. That's something I'll cherish for the rest of my life," says Sidharth who was also the captain of his school's cricket team and ranked fourteen in the whole of Maharashtra in table tennis. So does he still get the time to play considering that he's playing the lead role in Ratna Sinha's Babul ka Aangan Chootey Na?

"My busy schedules don't allow me to pursue my interests, but I'm very passionate about bikes and recently I bought a 2008 Hayabusa from Singapore. I ride it all around town. The amusing thing is when I stop at signals, people come up to me and ask me various questions about my bike," he says proudly talking about how he's been very accident-prone and has got injured a lot of times. "I've met with accidents not because of bad driving, but due to some silly mistakes of my friends. Thankfully they were all minor accidents," says the 6'2 inches lad who was a runner-up at the Manhunt contest some years ago and had also been declared 'Best model of the world' in a compettion held at Istanbul (Turkey) where he beat models from 40 countries to achieve the title.
So while workwise things are great, what's on the pesonal front? "I am single. My love life is very boring. Jo pasand hai woh patati nahin aur jo patati hai woh pasand nahin aati," trails off Sidharth.