Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Death and destruction in Babul Ka Aangan

There is death and destruction in Babul Ka Aangan. The forthcoming episodes will have trauma, tears and even death. And there is bad news for Rameshwari's fans. The talented Rameshwari will exit from the show.

A source from the production house informed, "Shilpa (Itishree Singh) who is Aastha's sister , is raped. On hearing of this, her mother Rukmani (Rameshwari) gets a heart attack and she dies."

The source further said, "Rameshwari's exit from the show was mutually decided by her and the production house. After Aastha's marriage to Shubh (Siddarth Shukla), her parents were sidelined. So Rameshwari wanted to exit from this show. And the production house agreed."

Producer Ratna Sinha said, "She is a great artist. Since the story has shifted to Shubh's family, she was feeling wasted and wanted to quit. We felt that it was fair enough for her too feel that way"

niveditha thumbnail
I am relieved! says dead Rameshwari

Aastha of Babul ka Aangan has lost her mother in the show. Rameshwari  of Rukmini fame died of trauma when she realized her younger daughter  had been raped.

So how come Rameshwari - who had a stint in Bollywood in the 70s with  films like Dulhan Wahi Jo Piya Man Bhaye - left? Wasn't this supposed  to be her comeback?"What comeback are you talking about?" Rameshwari said, "What kind of  a comeback was this? For a comeback you need to have a very strong  role. This show revolved completely around Babul. I don't know why I  was offered this character. Except for the first episode I was used as  a backdrop... I must say I am relieved now!"

Rameshwari said she was delighted to be out: "Ever since the show  started, I felt that was no role. It was very embarrassing for me to  do that character. I wanted to quit for a long time and I am glad it  has happened finally!"

Producer Ratna Sinha put a plot spin to her exit. "Rukmini's daughter  Shilpa (Itishree Singh) was raped and she got a heart attack of trauma  and dies", explained Ratna.Asked why it was necessary to kill Rukmini off, since she was said to  have an important part in the serial, Ratna said: "After Aastha's  marriage, the story's focus drove towards Shubh's family."

But Ratna admitted that Rameshwari wanted out. "She felt she didn't  have enough to continue further and wished to quit. So now her  character is dead."Rameshwari left the door open for an comeback - dead people in serials  never really die - but laid down a condition for that a very meaty  role."I don't think that will happen," said Ratna.

Rameshwari said she would soon be seen in another show. "Today I  agreed to a role which I think is a good character which has lots of  scope. But it's too early now," says Rameshwari not revealing much.

niveditha thumbnail
The going gets tough for Siddharth

The new twist in Babul Ka Aangan… is going to be one which will have the lead actor Siddharth Shukla showing a different aspect of his talent. Siddharth will now be required to do a lot of stunts.

A source from the production house informs, "Shubh (Siddharth Shukla) will elope from the jail. He was imprisoned on the accusation of raping Shilpa (Itishree Singh). His jail break convinces the police that he is the culprit. Shubh comes to meet Shilpa and asks her about the real culprit. Shilpa is traumatised and disturbed. When Shilpa is about to name the culprit Shubh hears someone's foot steps. He hides and a man comes on to the terrace and flings Shilpa down. The police soon arrive and believe that it is Shubh who has thrown her down. They arrest him once again."

This sequence requires Siddharth to do many stunts. Siddharth says, "There is so much to perform for me with these twists and turns. I am getting a chance to do so much of action and stunts. I am doing all those stunts on my own. My character Shubh has soft moments as well as action moments. It is extremely thrilling."

We hope the show always stays in action!
niveditha thumbnail

'I would love to be re-born few inches taller' - Aastha Choudhury

The simple and sweet-looking Aastha Choudhury of Babul Ka Aangann fame talks about her dream role, her favorites, ...

niveditha thumbnail

Vijaydashmi - Victory of Good over Evil

India is the land of cultures and festivals. As the month of October sets,we begin it with the celebration of ...

Siddharth Shukla:

Character you like the most from Ramayan:
Ram is my favorite character in Ramayan.

If given a chance, which character you would want to portray on screen from Ramayan and why:
I would love to play Hanuman because he has lots to do.

Your plans for Dussehra this year:
I don't know whether I'm shooting tomorrow or not. If not, then there will be a puja at my place and after that will go and play dandiya in my colony.

niveditha thumbnail

Aastha expose the culprit of her sis

The man who ruins Shilp'a life has come in light... To know who he is read further...

niveditha thumbnail
The rapist in Babul... is...

Psst we are letting you in on some big news. Shubh (Siddharth Shukla) who had allegedly raped Shilpa (Itishree Singh) in Babul… is not the real culprit. So then who is the rapist? It is Mahen (Abhishek Rawat) who plays the husband of Shubh's sister.

The current track of Babul Ka… has Shilpa being raped and Shubh being accused for it. He is even arrested on this charge. A well placed source from the show informed, "Shubh and his wife Aastha make a master plan to trace the real culprit and they succeed in doing so. It was Mahen who had raped Shilpa and trapped Shubh in Shilpa's rape case."

Siddharth Shukla said, "I can't comment on it. I want the viewers to watch the show to find out who is the real culprit. All I can say is that it will be a very interesting thing to watch."

This episode will air on Thursday (October 16).
niveditha thumbnail

I'm happy doing negative roles: Abhishek Rawat
by Meenakshi Shankar
Oct 13, 2008, Mumbai

He's been an integral part of Sony's Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na. But his character blended in the show without making waves. But the lad who shot to fame with Fundamint's TV commercial (as the young call center executive) finally had his calling as the bad man in the number one show on Sony.

With a glint in his eye, he says, "Contrary to my breed who want the lead roles, I am very happy doing negative shades. There's the extra dash of meat in such roles. I know that playing lead makes you household names, but in today's times, that formula really does not work."

He is unfazed by the criticism of the controversial rape scene in the family showcase. Defending the sequence, he says, "India is a democratic country and the demographics have their own say. Yes, the sequence did raise the hackles of some viewers, but there were other viewers who had no issues with the rape sequence. People are always going to have a problem, either which way, but at the end of the day, as an actor, I felt I could do justice to the role. I wouldn't have done it otherwise". Abhishek has even more reasons to defend the scene as that marked a turning point for his character, "It was very difficult to enact the scene on screen. It was unpleasant but I think I finally arrived in the show after that episode."

True, but why settle for the role of a bad guy when he can easily play the lead? The spunky actor had an interesting answer for that, "As an actor, I am a very restless soul. And that's probably the reason why I haven't stretched myself in TV. A staple diet of a lead role is so boring. I could never succumb to that and more so, as an individual I feel I don't have to prove anything to anybody."

Yes, we couldn't help but agree with him. The industry knows how to pick up good talent. Gone are the days where one actor held the monopoly. Today, the actors are stretched across genres in TV. But unlike his coterie who is focused on amassing daily shows, Abhishek is experimenting with other genres as well. With Nagesh Kukunoor's next - Yeh Hausla in his kitty, Abhishek has a couple of Bollywood assignments up his sleeve and is looking forward to his theatrical release, which is in the pipeline.

And when it comes to TV, he says, "I am content being a part of Ratna Sinha's showcase. I am not big enough for a reality show as yet. But, do I honestly see myself singing and dancing is a question that will be answered only when I sign the dotted line."

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/abhishek_rawat_babul_ka_aangan/october-13-2008/abhishek-rawat-babul-ka-aangan.html

niveditha thumbnail

Ratna Sinha's next - A romantic comedy, Jodi Kamaal Ki..

Ratna Sinha, after the success of Babul Ka Aangann will now come out with a romantic comedy, Jodi Kamaal Ki...

niveditha thumbnail
Revealed: Shilpa's Rapist in Babul Ka Aangan...

One of the biggest mysteries in the daily Babul Ka Aangan Choothe Na will soon be solved. The actual person who raped Aastha's sister Shilpa (Itishree) in the serial will be revealed. And that person is none other than Shubh's brother-in-law, Mahen, which is played by Abhishek Rawat.
Babul ka Aangan… has had many twists and turns recently. After Shilpa's rape followed by her mother's death, the biggest mystery which has puzzled the viewers now is whether Shubh (Siddharth Shukla) who has actually been arrested for raping Aastha's sister Shilpa (Itishree) is the real culprit or is it somebody else?
Anxious to know the rapist's name, we asked Shilpa who the real culprit is. "It's not Shubh, its Mahen," she confirmed.

Ratna Sinha, the producer, also confirmed the news to us. "After this fact is revealed, the story will focus on the bitter relation between Anushka, Shubh's bhabhi, and Aastha. There is already a collision between the two followed by many other interesting things," she says.

Presently the track shows Shubh has been accused of raping his sister-in-law, Shilpa, and has also been arrested for the same. And to add a twist, the screenplay shows Shubh is released from the jail as Mahen gets some evidence which proves that Shubh's cousin Rana is the culprit. THe last episode showed that Shubh, Aastha and Rana have come up with a plan to unveil the real culprit.

The episode will be on aired on Thursday October 16th.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/October/News_20081014_70

• Vandana Shukla, Hill Road Media
  • Tuesday, October 14, 2008