Users

Frequent Posters

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago
Babul Ka Aangann replaces Virrudh

< ="" ="text/">

January 16, 2008 16:26 IST

Sony Entertainment Television's new show, Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na, will replace Smriti Irani's [Images] popular soap, Virrudh, from January 21. The serial will now have to compete with hit shows like Star Plus' Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Zee TV's Ghar Ki Laxmi Betiyaa, aired at the same time

Babul is about the story of Aastha, and the dilemma she faces after marriage. She has to be loyal to her husband's family, and yet, cannot leave her parents in the lurch. The conflict is one that is faced by many young women today.

Babul stars Vijay Kashyap, Rameshwari, Raja Bundela and Navni Parihar. The protogonist, Astha, is played by Aastha Chowdhary.

"It is a story of a middle-class girl who juggles between her parents and married life," Astha explains. "Every girl has to go through this at some point or the other in her life. You can relate to the serial."

Astha is not a rank newcomer to television. She had done a small role Zee's Rakhi. "It is a huge challenge to play lead. Expectations are very high," she says.

So is she like her character in the show? "In some ways, yes. But I cannot solve day-to-day problems in life (like her)," Astha answers.

Gladrags model hunt winner Siddharth Shukla plays Shubh Ranawat, a man dedicated to his work and family. On his father's request, he quits his job abroad, and joins the family business. Shubh falls in love with Aastha, and dreams of settling down with her.

Watch Babul ka Aangann Chootey Na on Sony Entertainment Television at 10 pm, from Monday to Thursday.

Text: Rajul Hegde

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/jan/16look.htm

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
'Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na' by Sony Entertainment Television

India Infoline News Service / Mumbai Jan 17, 2008 12:40

Can Aastha fulfill her duties as a beti & bahu in perfect harmony? Stay tuned to 'BKACN' starting January 21, Monday to Thursday, at 10.00 p.m.

--Pati ke liye Karvaa Chauth ka pehla vrath zyada zaroori hai ya aapne bimaar pita ko aaspatal le jaana, Aap meri jagah hote to kya karte?
--Saas- sasur ki shaadi ki saalgirah party zyada zaroori hai ya apne mata pita ke ghar ki satyanarayan ki katha, Aap meri jagah hote to kya karte?
--Saasural ki grahasti sambhalna zyada zaroori hai ya mata pitake bure waqt mein unki madat karna, Aap meri jagah hote to kya karte?
--Nanad ki god bharai zyaada zaroori hai ya apni choti bahen ki sagai, Aap meri jagah hote to kya karte?

Does a daughter's responsibility towards her parents end once she is married? Is she wrong in wanting to support her parents even after she is married? Is she wrong in expecting her husband to be the son to her parents as she is the daughter to his parents? Sony Entertainment Television brings in the New Year with Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na, starting Monday to Thursday, January 21 at 10.00 p.m. This daily soap is the story of Aastha who is caught in balancing her responsibilities towards her husband's family and her duties towards her own family… the conflict is real and relevant and faced by young women of today.

With increasing number of small families, instead of the age-old joint families, daughters have now taken up the responsibility of looking after their parents, thus trying to balance both their sasural and maayka. Aastha is one such youngster who decides not to get married, to look after her aged parents, but life has other plans for her. With an assurance, from the man who wants to marry her, that she can support her parents after marriage Aastha takes on the responsibility of her new home and the running of his office efficiently.

While she is trying to play the role of the bahu to perfection, her own family just falls apart. She wants to be with them, support them but the duty of a bahu is very demanding. Balancing the two, the conflict in her duties as a bahu and beti, form the crux of the show. Will the system let her play both the roles with equal panache?

Commenting on the new show Sanjay Upadhyay, Creative Head Fiction, Sony Entertainment Television said: "Sony Entertainment Television has always presented women who have become icons among television characters and the viewers continue to love and remember them. Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na, presents yet another strong character in Aastha who has to deal with the eternal problem women are facing these days, in the times of nuclear families. Aastha is left with no choice but to take on the responsibilities of looking after her parents and her duties towards her in-laws, as her siblings are busy doing their own things. However much a woman tries to balance both it is demanding, especially when it comes to her sasural. We hope the simple story will resonate with our audiences and help women identify with the situation."

Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na is produced by Ratna Sinha's Chota Ganapati Tele Creations and directed by Maqbool. The lead stars are Vijay Kashyap, Rameshwari, Raja Bundela, Navni Parihar and protagonist Aastha is played by newcomer Aastha Chaudhary.

http://www.indiainfoline.com/news/innernews.asp?storyId=5642 6&lmn=1

animateash thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
animateash thumbnail
ammmu thumbnail

**Posted by Anishma**

Tough choices

Aastha Chaudhary on Babul Ka Aangann Chhootey Na

Anil Merani

This isn't your first show, is it? No. I've done a couple of cameos in Saat Phere and Rakhi. But Babul ka Aangan Chhootey Na is my first big break. Playing the lead is a different ball game alto gether. The show will air at 10 p m, the same slot as Kahani Ghar Ghar ki.. isn't that intimidating?

Kahani… is a big soap but saas-bahu shows are los ing out on TRPs. Viewers are demanding change and I hope we're able to provide that. How's it been so far? Great. I've been learning so much from the senior cast members like Vijay Kashyap, Rameshwari and Raja Bundela. The younger lot is pretty cool as well. We have a blast on the sets.

Do you really identify with your character? She's also called Aastha, right?

Yeah she is. I do identify with her. Babul… is about a girl caught between her parents and in-laws.. a universal theme. All women go through this. I'm unmarried as yet so this is like a lesson in marriage. Are you doing any other show? Where's the time? This one's taking nearly 20 hours of my day! NEW BAHU ON THE BLOCK: Aashtha Chaudhary

TrustYourSelf thumbnail

Hamari Anjali

Sana Saeed, who played SRK's daughter in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, now in a TV serial, all grown up

Back to Section Stories Posted On Friday, January 25, 2008

Kunal M Shah

Anjali (Sana Saeed) who played SRK's daughter in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, has been roped in Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na. The girl's identity has been kept under wraps and she was even discouraged from attending the press conference at the launch of the show. Sony TV's mystery girl, Sana plays Chhaya Joshi one of the three sisters in Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na.

But we found out Sana Saeed's real identity and spoke to her. Where was she all these years? She says, "After Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, I did lots of ad films. I did not want to commit to big time roles because I wanted to concentrate on my studies. Not many people knew of my whereabouts. But Anubhav Sinha's Chota Ganpati productions found me out and got in touch with me for this role. Since they wanted me to shoot for only 10-12 days I immediately agreed to do it, I make sure that it doesn't affect my studies."

18-year-old Sana is a FY BCOM student of Mumbai's HR College. "I am in the first year of graduation and I am doing B.Com with Advertising, in addition I am doing a diploma in advertisement. After doing a few shows on TV I am back with this serial after a long time. People who know me are surprised and calling me, but the viewers are still wondering where they had seen me before."

But why did she settle for a role that's not central? She is one girl who seems to know what's right for her, because she says, "I never wanted to play the lead role as I would have to work for 25-26 days a month. I am happy with the role as after Astha's (the lead girl) marriage in the show, my role will increase."

B.Com with specialization in advertising and acting, we are curious about the combo. Will she make a career in advertising or continue to act? "Frankly I have not decided on any one. I just want to complete my studies and then I will think what holds my interest. Right now I am enjoying both, my studies and shooting."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=12&contentid=200801252008012503291312598f8062a

animateash thumbnail
no negative roles for me.....

heres an article about aastha 😛
krina_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Here's the link of an article..... u plays the role of aastha father-in law...

Mods I m sorry if this I m not allowed to post here...
Let me know... so in future i be more careful. thanks

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=1778
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Daughter dearest
Ashish Mitra
After bahus, it's the turn of betis to dominate the small-screen. The latest in the series is the Sony show Babul Ka Aangann Chootey Na

ith increasing number of small families, instead of age-old joint families, daughters have now taken up the responsibility of looking after their parents, which sometimes becomes a cause for dischord with the in-laws. "Daughters are now playing an important role in the family. But what happens when a girl is born? While the arrival of a baby girl is never celebrated, the son's arrival is celebrated with pomp and sweets are distributed merrily." Why is the difference there? asks Vijay Kashyap, who plays the protagonist's father in Sony's new serial Babul Ka Aangan Chotey Na that traces the dilemma of a married girl. Should she shirk her responsibilities towards her parents just because she is married is the question the serial aims to address.

The serial is about Purnendu who is honest in his work and is against taking home unaccountable money, his wife Rukmini (Rameshwari) a typical middle-class housewife, who loves her children . She has high hopes from her son Vinay who disappoints her when he leaves them in the lurch to fly to foreign shores. The parents have no other option but to fall back upon Aastha, their daughter and she too devotedly takes care of them.

Career-oriented, smart, confident but grounded Aastha represents today's woman; dutiful and ambitious, she embodies the aspirations and values of today's young working women. She is one among the three daughters in the Joshi family and being the eldest of the three, she is aware that her family relies on her. After marriage Aastha is in a dilemma when she finds herself torn between fulfilling the duties of a daughter and being a responsible daughter-in-law. Says Navni Parihar, who essays Sulochana Ranawat, mother-in-law of Aastha, "I am very proud of my family and love my daughter-in-law a lot. In fact I play the balancing factor standing up to all criticism of Aastha. Sometime this leads to uncomfortable situations that creates disharmony in the family."

Commenting on how the idea of the serial came into her mind, Ratna Surya Sinha, proprietor of Chota Ganpati Telecreations, the producer of the serial says, "All this started when I went to visit one of my friends came from Delhi, she had called me over to introduce her mother. While chatting, when my friend was presenting eye-glasses to her mother, her mother-in-law quipped, "Are eye-glasses not available in Delhi?" That send my mind into a tizzy and that's how the idea of the serial germinated in my mind.

Giving a hint about the story, director Maqbool Khan says, "Aastha is one such daughter who primarily decides not to get married to look after her aged parents but life has other plans for her. With an assurance from the man Shubh Ranawat (Siddharth Shukla) who wants to marry her, that she can support her parents after marriage, Aastha takes on the responsibility of her new home and the running of his office efficiently. But later as things unfold, Aastha has a harrowing time in doing the balancing act. Ultimately she wins. "

Unlike the regular saas-bahu serials, this serial will hopefully be an eye-opener and definitely send a positive signal to scores of daughters and daughter-in-laws who support their parents without paying a hoot to their in-laws.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=18796