Posted: 15 years ago
TB - Masquerade Party in Babul Ka Angann
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
'Himesh's responsible for our marriage'
1 Jul 2008, 0035 hrs IST, AKASH WADHWA

Rajesh & Vandana Khattar. (TOI Photo)
Someone rightly said that if you want to be happy all life, then make your best friend your partner. And looks like actors Rajesh Khattar and Vandana Sajnani Khattar, who were each other's best buddies for five years have taken the adage seriously .

In a freewheeling chat with LT, the newlyweda shared with us some happy moments of their lives, their love-hate relationship for each other and much more...

Our first meet...
Together: (laugh) It was Himesh Reshammiya who made the two of us meet for the first time and he is the one who is responsible for the disaster that happened two months back – Our marriage!
V: I personally never approved of Rajesh before I met him. I considered him a bad boy of the industry.

What attracted you two to each
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
"By God's grace I am alive.." says Aastha Chaudary

by Vidhya Krishnan

Aug 13, 2008, Mumbai  

Aastha Chaudhary, the lead in Sapna Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na..is down with the dreaded malaria and recuperating in a hospital to the worry and anxiety of her unit members, family and her fans. The doctor's prognosis says, "It is a serious bout!" One of our source informed us that the shooting of Sapna Babul Ka Aangan…has been completely disrupted because of this but however for the time being they have a bank of episodes in store.

We caught up with Aastha to find out about her condition and she spoke to us from the hospital in a feeble whisper, "It is true that I am sick and have been hospitalized. It just started with fever and became serious from there on. I was running 106 temperature and then followed the endless blood tests and reports, which confirmed my worst fear. I had a severe strain of Malaria and that has led to brain fever.

I am a little better now but I have been advised complete rest for a couple of days and post that my work would also be on a slower pace…not more than two hours a day. The shooting as such is not been disrupted and they are managing with duplicates. I have fallen ill previously but this time the condition has been worse. My condition worsened because I chose to neglect my health and kept pushing the limits. The last month has been really bad and my schedules have been erratic. I can't afford to take any stress and I don't know how I am alive...it is only because of God's grace.

I know I am supposed to be on total R & R, but I am itching to go back to my shooting.

Hope she does get well soon... Our sincere wishes and prayers from Tellywatch!!
Aastha Choudhary collapses on ?Babul ka Aangan? sets and is rushed to the hospital
Filed under: TV News
Tags: ?Babul Ka Aangann? | Aastha Chaudhary | Ratna Shah
Posted: Aug 14 2008 by Ruhi Tandon (172 views)
photos 1 - 1 of 1
  of 1 next photo

Aastha Choudhary collapses on ?Babul ka Aangan? sets and is rushed to the hospital

Shooting for a daily show can get stressful, and who would know it better than Aastha Choudhary, the leading lady of ?Babu Ka Aangan?? Well, based on sources on the sets, Aastha was not feeling well for a few days now, but the actress had to report for her shoots as she is the protagonist on the show, and is part of all the gripping scenes on the show.

Despite her bad health, Aastha continued with the shooting, and guess she reached her threshold and collapsed on the sets; she was immediately rushed to the hospital.

Aastha was diagnosed with Malaria; the doctors have asked her to take it easy for a couple of days as the fever is quite severe and she had to spend 3 days at the facility. Once Aastha was discharged from the hospital, she had to report on the sets the very next day as the shooting was stalled and the Producer Ratna Shah was under intense pressure from the channel.

So, Aastha after a short break, headed straight to her ?Babul Ka Aangan?.

link: http://www.bollywoodblog.com/category/TV/Aastha-Choudhary-collapses-on-Babul-ka-Aangan-sets-and-is-rushed-to-the-hospital/
Edited by minal45 - 15 years ago
niveditha thumbnail
Babul Ka Aangann changes track

After Rahil Azam's exit from the show producer Ratna Sinha will be introducing an interesting twist to Babul Ka Aangann. In order that the show gets more eyeballs the producer will also be introducing a parallel lead. The location of the set too is being changed from Rajashthan to Panvel.

Talking of the new changes is producer Ratna Sinha. "We are changing the location of the sets as the story line demands the same. Besides there is a new entrant in the show too," she informs.

Talking about the changing story track she explains, "There is a haveli and a raaz which is related to Ranawat family and Aastha too. Slowly the track will change and the secrets will be unravelled. There is a part of the haveli where nobody can go after 10 in the night. It is said that whoever goes in there never returns."

But why has the location been shifted to Panvel? "We will be now shooting in Panvel as we want to be near Mumbai. The decision was taken after Aastha's ill-health," she adds.

So who is the new entrant? "Abhinav Shukla who will be essaying animportant role is the parallel lead. He was in Mumbai for a few days but then suddenly disappeared. Nobody knows why. Now he is staying in the Ranawat haveli with his uncle."

"Abhinav knows that this haveli is not safe for her and that's the reason he comes to her rescue. Why he is doing that? What is the relation between the two? Well for that you have to watch the show," she adds further.

Abhinav Shukla has been a model for AXE Effect and was last seen on SAB TV's Jersey No.10 as Arjun. This will be his second show as a parallel lead.

niveditha thumbnail
Babul Ka Aangan brings a 'kahani mein twist...'

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 27, 2008, Mumbai  

This is what we call 'kahani mein twist'...post Rahil Azmi's exit from the show, producer Ratna Sinha has taken the show to the Panvel from the glorious Rajasthan.

Talking of the new changes is producer Ratna Sinha, "We are changing the location because the plot demands so..."

Also, in the same thread of thought, she says, "We are introducing a new character." "There is a mystery which is related to Ranawat family and Aastha. The track later changes, and the secrets will be unraveled. There is a part of the haveli where nobody can go after 10 in the night. And we have woven a script around the mystery surrounding the plot.

Talking about the new entrant, she says," "Abhinav Shukla will be essaying an important role. He was in Mumbai, but then suddenly disappeared and nobody knows the reason behind his Houdini act. Now he is staying in the Ranawat haveli with his uncle. Abhinav knows that this haveli is not safe for her and that's the reason he comes to her rescue. Why he is doing that? What is the relation between the two? Well for that you have to watch the show," she adds further.

And about the change in location, she says, "We wanted to be close to Mumbai. Being based out in Rajasthan proved to be a tad bit too expensive."

Will the 'kahani mein twist' bring in the desired TRP's...is a question that could be answered only when the ratings come in.
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Babul Ka Aangan brings a 'kahani mein twist...'

by Meenakshi Shankar

Aug 27, 2008, Mumbai  

This is what we call 'kahani mein twist'...post Rahil Azmi's exit from the show, producer Ratna Sinha has taken the show to the Panvel from the glorious Rajasthan.

Talking of the new changes is producer Ratna Sinha, "We are changing the location because the plot demands so..."

Also, in the same thread of thought, she says, "We are introducing a new character." "There is a mystery which is related to Ranawat family and Aastha. The track later changes, and the secrets will be unraveled. There is a part of the haveli where nobody can go after 10 in the night. And we have woven a script around the mystery surrounding the plot.

Talking about the new entrant, she says," "Abhinav Shukla will be essaying an important role. He was in Mumbai, but then suddenly disappeared and nobody knows the reason behind his Houdini act. Now he is staying in the Ranawat haveli with his uncle. Abhinav knows that this haveli is not safe for her and that's the reason he comes to her rescue. Why he is doing that? What is the relation between the two? Well for that you have to watch the show," she adds further.

And about the change in location, she says, "We wanted to be close to Mumbai. Being based out in Rajasthan proved to be a tad bit too expensive."

Will the 'kahani mein twist' bring in the desired TRP's...is a question that could be answered only when the ratings come in.

Anashah1980 thumbnail

freedom means to our tellystars...
by Vidhya Krishnan & Meenakshi Shankar
Aug 14, 2008, Bangalore

As we proudly head towards the 61st anniversary of our Indian Independence, we @ Tellywatch wish each and everyone 'A Happy Independence'. And on this occasion, we caught up with our glamazons and dream weavers from the small screen share their message for Independence Day…

An outspoken Mandira Bedi says I look back at all the struggles that our leaders have made for us. And I feel blessed for the freedom that I am enjoying because of them. I am grateful and thankful for our 61 years of free India. But, in the literal sense, we still have a long way to go before we are actually free. Our society is still riddled with double standards. We still treat women like their sole existence is to reproduce. We need to shrug off the stereotypical image and move ahead with times. We need to be free in every sense.

Angad Freedom to me...is about choices! It is about living my life without the diktats of others. Freedom to me is walking around without any fear...without looking over my shoulder and worry about what is in store. Freedom to me is seeing people live their life to the fullest and walk with a smile on them. This Independence Day is very special because I am spending it with people who really matter and who have been instrumental in shaping my life...my family. We are planning to spend the day catching movies. Singh is King is on the priority list! My mother has flown down from Chandigarh and I want to show her the best of Mumbai.

Aastha Chaudary says…Freedom to me is the feel of pride of living in free India. Since I am not too well, this time I will celebrate Independence Day by catching up on some good DVD's, books and just having my family around me. But otherwise on every Independence Day, I make it a point to distribute sweets to children especially the ones you find in signals.

Satish Shah…Freedom means everything to me. It is more important than any other values. I am returning from a long schedule and I am not sure as to how I will celebrate Independence Day this time. But I will make sure to attend the flag hoisting in our colony on Independence Day.

Bhairavi Raichura feels passionately about freedom It is something we take for granted

passionately about freedom It is something we take for granted

It is a sense of being liberated and not appreciating it. Freedom is peace for me. It is knowing that when I go to bed every night, the world isn't going to change drastically the next day. On our Independence Day, I salute our freedom fighters and make it a point to salute our flag. It is a day when there is a sense of pride that flows through you and makes you proud of being an Indian.

Alok Nath…Happiness is freedom to me... freedom is being one's own master but not misuse it. Independence Day is a very important day. This time I will be busy working with work and don't have a holiday. All I can do is pray for everybody especially for our freedom fighters.

Kiran Dubey…Freedom means a lot to me! It means so many things like having the courage to be yourself and not get affected by being judged, to be free in speech and thoughts and a lot more things. For this Independence Day, I will be going to an echo-friendly hotel called Rhodas to attend an echo-friendly event. And I just bought two tiny flags from kids who sell them in signals. It feels great when I actually go back to school and think of the days where we used to get great things to eat for free. It is nice to relax and enjoy your freedom in a nice way on that day. I do retrospection on Independence Day; we as citizens need to think about what can be done to improve our nation. We need to thank our freedom fighters and show our gratitude for people in the war front who have sacrificed

their lives.

Chetan Hansraj…Freedom is the right to live life without any restriction. And this Independence Day, I will attend the flag hoisting that we have in our society.

Paras Tomar…Being free without having to feel conscious about it and not worrying about anything is what freedom means to me. When in college, there were lot of activities to celebrate Independence Day but once you start working, most of the time is dedicated for work. This Independence, I just want to relax at home.

Anita Hassanandan...To me freedom is having choices and exercising them responsibly. I have been invited to a school function for Independence Day and I am really happy to be a part of it

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_columns/tellystars_freedom/august-14-2008/tellystars_freedom_independence_day.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
am not interested in commercial ventures'
< = =text/>
July 28, 2008 12:01 IST

What's up with the lead character in Babul Ka Aangan Choote Na? Those of you following the serial must be wondering about the fate of the lead female protagonist Aastha Ranawat (Aastha Chaudhury), whose character has taken a 360 degree turn in the serial by suddenly ditching Shubh Ranawat (Siddharth Shukla) and marrying his elder brother Swyam Ranawat (Rahil Azam).

While Chaudhury chose to remain tightlipped about the unfolding events, sources close to the production team revealed that in the serial, Aastha has been kidnapped by Payel (ex-flame of Swyam and Aastha's look-alike) and is taking revenge on him.

So how difficult is it to pay a double role and that too, portraying completely different characters?

"It is very difficult. It has been almost eight months that I am working throughout the day -- no less than 15 hours day. However, since the feedback has been so positive I do not mind. I am also trying to put in my best and am enjoying my work thoroughly," Chaudhury says.

"Our unit has a very good mix of young and old. On one hand you have seniors like Rameshari, Vijay Kashyap and Raja Bundela, and on the other you find fresh faces like Siddharth Shukla, Itisree Singh and myself. Actors like Rahil Azam who has been in the industry for some time is also there. So there is a lot of fun at work. My on-screen sasu ma Navni Parihar is just like my mother and pampers me no end. I guess all of these clubbed together makes working in this serial such a nice experience," Chaudhury adds.

Itisree Singh (her on-screen sister) and Chaudhury have become such good friends that they even hang out in between shoots. "Whenever we have breaks, Itisree and I hang out," says the pretty actress who is all set to buy a new car. "This will be first car and needless to say I am excited. However, I a not going in for a big car since I do not know how to drive," Chaudhury says.

Recently the pretty actress has been offered a slot along with Siddharth Shukla in Sony's new reality show Kabhie Kabhie Yaar Kabhie Kabhie Pyaar. However, since none of them have an off-screen partner with them, they had to back out of the show.

Asked whom she would like to be paired up with on Indian television and Chaudhury says, "Iqbal Khan -- no doubt about it. I am a crazy fan of his and I don't think there is any hotter star than him. Today he is the only star who can act in films as a hero! This has led to some embarrassing moments as well!"

Apparently one day Iqbal was shooting in the next set where Chaudhury was shooting.  "The director of my show knew Iqbal very well and I asked him if he could introduce me to Iqbal. After introducing me the director openly told Iqbal about my crush. I was so embarrassed," she adds.

So would she be interested in films? "I am not interested in commercial ventures. If I get a sensible role in a movie, I will definitely do that."

http://in.rediff.com/movies/tv.html
Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Rahil Azam is one of the most watched actors of tellydom. The success of his serial 'Hatim' sums up the popularity of this small screen actor. And more so with his female fans.

Currently seen as Swayam in Babul Ka Aangan the actor has again won the hearts of many. The lover boy who plays a very challenging role in the show pours his heart out as he talks about his work and his love life

You play a split personality in Babul…How interesting is it?
Well it is something different and amazing. Initially I refused to take the show as I was not sure about such a role. After a month they approached me again and this time I went through the script and loved it. The best part of my character was the blend of Hindi and Urdu.

It is a role of sophisticated tawayaf and a big challenge. I was advised to handle very carefully or else it would look a eunuch. For this I just requested my director to not dub my voice and I tried to maintain the balance and do justice to this character.

Did you research for this role?
No as I did not have much time. Before approaching a scene I used to visualise that episode and then give my 100% to it. I would keep rehearsing till the time I would get it right. I really liked the character.

Any lessons that you learned?
There was guilt in my eyes before playing the role of the tawayaf because of the way I used to think about them like any normal person. But then I realised that there could be a reason behind it all and at the end of the day they are also human like us. What they are today and why… will always remain a question but after this I have generated respected for them.

Your love track on screen has been appreciated but what about your off-screen love life?
Well currently I'm very much single. I'll definitely go out of the way to charm my lady love and will love her very much. For now there is only me and my thoughts and nobody else. When I fall in love I will let everyone know about it.

How is your equation with your co-stars?
Most of them especially the leading pair are new comers. I'm learning and enjoying myself with them. There are also senior actors and I'm learning many things from them too. I really feel happy to be part of such a good project.

Is it by choice to do one show at a time or is there not enough work?
This is by choice of course. I feel I'm lucky to get so much of coverage on television. As all of you know that television is women oriented and to get your own space is difficult but somehow I have managed to. Three shows as a lead is a big thing and it happened because I was patient. Every time I do a serial my character is very different from what I have played before and thus want to give my hundred percent to it.

Are you looking at Hindi films?
For now definitely no. I'm concentrating on television. I still feel that I need to get my place in television and only after that I'll climb the ladder to films. For now I'm watching my step as later on I don't want to regret and then come back to television if my filmy career does not take off.

What is your dream role?
Well there is nothing as dream role but yes I'm very much keen on trying my hand at comedy. I would love to take part in Comedy Circus and many such shows. Creating situations and then enacting those scenes is fun. There are very few people who know that I can be funny at times

Did you know?

Rahil came to Mumbai to become a software engineer

He is a total mama's boy and will marry a girl of his mother's choice

Rahil favourite small screen actors are Smriti Z Iraani and Shweta Tiwari.

He doesn't mind doing saas bahu soaps