transcript of AKKIS chat

alveera thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
Vikram Acharya

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actor, Vikram Acharya at 12 noon on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 in Mumbai

Vikram Acharya
TV actor

"If you can act really well and hold the audience by the strength of your performance then nobody really cares how you look. It's the character that everybody falls in love with"

Arpita > Are you and your Dil Chahta Hai friends buddies in real life too? Tell us something about them.
Vikram Acharya > We are very close friends. Besides shooting, we also hang around together. Actors Samir Soni (Ram in the serial), Gaurav Chopra (Raghu), Samir Sharma (Nitin) and I are very good friends. It's not just onscreen (friendship), it's off screen also. Samir Soni is like an older brother to me.

Sahil > I' m not good looking, still, can I get any chance to play a role in dramas?
Vikram Acharya > It's not about being good looking. Even I am an ordinary looker, but basically, if you can act really well and hold the audience by the strength of your performance then nobody really cares how you look. It's the character that everybody falls in love with. So, if you have it in you, go ahead and give it a shot.

Jihs > Is comedy really your forte? What other kinds of roles would you like to enact?
Vikram Acharya > I was basically (doing) modelling, and acting is very new field for me. But the first really nice thing that came my way was comedy, and I believe I am doing a great job. I do not believe in limiting myself to one genre of acting. I will do whatever comes my way and is challenging.

Kkarishma > Hi, you have a cute smile and are handsome too!! How did you get into the Indian television? What advice would you like to give to new comers who are planning to join the television field? May I please get your e-mail address? Are you married or do you have any girlfriend? Who are you mostly close to on the sets of Dil Kya Chata Hai ? Are you the only one from your family who is in the glamour world?
Vikram Acharya > I got into TV by chance. Some friends suggested that I should get my portfolio (photographs) done and exactly after three days of getting my folio clicked, I got an ad. That was for a cold drink; it was my first commercial. Then it just went on and on from there. One day some (TV) director saw me in one of the ads and asked me to host a youth show for a popular TV channel. That's how it all began. As for advice, don't plan anything. If you feel like acting, go ahead and meet everybody. My email is [email protected]. I am not married but I do have a girl friend. I am close to Samir Soni on the sets of DKCH. I am the only one in my family who is in the glamour world. Thank you.

Kkarishma > What other TV serials are you doing besides Dil Kya Chata Hai ?
Vikram Acharya > I am hosting a show, which is a weekly review of programmes being shown on a TV channel.

Roma > How long were you a Radio Jockey? How did you become RJ? What's required to be RJ?
Vikram Acharya > I have never been a RJ. It is just the character I am playing. To be RJ one needs loads of confidence and definitely a very good voice and presence of mind.

Bleit > Have you quit your work as RJ? Why? Don't want to do it any more?
Vikram Acharya > I have never been an RJ.

Marjorie > In what way are you similar to your character of 'Akki' that you play in Dil Kya Chahta Hai?
Vikram Acharya > Extremely similar. But the only thing that 'Akki' does and that I don't is he says the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Sign Off Message > TV is not as easy as it looks. We take a lot of pains to give you the perfect shot. And it is to make you laugh, cry and get all the emotions out of you. Thank you. Keep watching all of us. Love, Vikram.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Thanx Alveera. HE seems to be sweet. 😛