Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: ~*~A~*~

Love..

Ur sweetest nanad...😳

desi chic thumbnail

@ mbenjamin... they have rightfully earned the title, kya karen!

Cheers,

dc

desi chic thumbnail

Originally posted by: Robin_M

wow i never thought about actually writting something of my own...ive always thought up stories in my head, but never had it in me to put on paper! haha ive never been much of a writter, you should ask my english uni prof! im a science student so writting isnt my strong suit, im more of a reader! ill stick to envying talented writters like you!

Robin!! What an excuse, "science student"... are you saying that science students don't write?😆 No excuses... warna I'll fetch my danda on you like I did with Siddu... and look at her, she's freak'in amazing! What a way to get around things eh... I would really love to read your wonderful imagination's work😳

good luck with your exams! its the season of final exams (which i should be studying for right now lol), and life gets a bit stressful, so take your time! ill be waiting patiently!

thank you! its all done... and I'll be back with an update tomorrow or the day after. thanks for the patience yaar, it tends to be a lacking these days😆

Cheers,

dc

desi chic thumbnail

Hey guys,

Guess what? I had written like four pages for this... was almost done... when suddenly and stupidly and accidently, I pressed "delete" uh yeah... 😭 And thus, I'm really unimpressed. This just means, that I'm going to be mean and not update for a few more days. Sorry, but I write as the thoughts comes (although, usually not that coherent😳). Sorry guys, I hope you all still somewhat are tolerant of me!😃 Merry Christmas to all.🤗 Btw, I'll update MBC on the 26th.

Cheers,

dc

sidsk thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh no! Thankfully that has never happened with me but I can understand how you feel. 😭
No probs yaar,take ur time. 😳
mbenjamin thumbnail
awww...i've had dat happen to me so i kno how it feels(stupid english paper)... 😡 🤢 ...to sum it up in emoticons...lol...but dun worry we'll wait 😳 ...n Merry Christmas to u too! 😃 😳
tsamhita thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Neetu...here is you ff 😆 😳 it should come on the first page now 😆
desi chic thumbnail
^^ Thanks Sami😆😆... Bhulakad hoon main... Kya karoon, sangat ka asar? Jkes!😳

Alrighty... Here it is... Ugh... Long and um... Well you decide...

Part II

"The part always has a tendency to reunite with its whole in order to escape from its imperfection." – Leonardo Da Vinci

In a sequence of lifting fog… the veil of darkness now hovering over the sleepy Earth filled his eyes… the eyes which had in some uncounted moments just lived the past… A tinge of moisture slowly entered his awakening senses and he slowly came to realize the familiar surroundings once more. So lost he had become in the past, that the present had dug into an unknown future… The air smelled of light after showers… while the dark green around him seemed more alive. So many times had this happened… so many a time the past had overpowered the present in his solidarity… though never before as today… But suddenly, it didn't seem to matter. Nothing mattered… It never had when it came to her… He did not know if he had made the right decision, but it was made… the reality of one of the lines on a pair of hands decorated with a deep shade of green.... And perhaps, that was all that mattered.

Assuring himself thus, he stretched out his legs… overwhelmed with a sense of relaxation… but satisfaction did not seem as generous. Something… somewhere… told him otherwise. Some unknown instinct… Closing his eyes in momentary agony, he misplaced himself between the chaos in his mind… Unable to bear it any longer, he slowly re-opened his eyes… reacquainting with the peaceful surroundings… relishing the taste of the sight upon his thirsty gaze… greedily taking it all in… Rising pensively, he extended a hesitant hand towards the immense nature around him… afraid it would all be a dream… as dreams he knew… only came true for the rare ones, amongst whom he did not belong. But that was his dream… Stopping abruptly, he bent to his knees… gaining a closer look at the little winged creature resting upon a large leaf. His eyes stared in wonder… as the tiny creature had a vast amount to encase within it's "home"… yet it sat contented, in some small corner… His dream…In a moment of uncertainty he made another decision… He had made a wish… slept a dream… and now, he had to see if that wish… that dream… had come true… Had he made the right decision? Breathing deep of the forgotten life he momentarily allowed the breaths to sink in… Almost immediately, the serenity found him again… Re-tracing his steps, he turned his head slightly… just enough to cast one longing look at the scene… a look with a promise…

Weep not for… the memories…

Remember the good times we had…

*~*

Perhaps, if his eyes were coals… the satin black of his large bureau would have been ashes… at least the gadget sitting atop the thick surface… His fingers unknowingly had entwined with the various sides of the transparent paperweight… abruptly lifting their hold now… as the sound of the multi-faceted object hitting the ground filled the emptiness in the air… Replaying the fruitless conversation in his mind, he pushed into the leather of the chair… the cool texture provoking no reaction from his numbed senses… "Wohe ab yahan nahin rehti… aur dobara yahan phone mat kariyega." (She does not live here anymore… and do not call here again). He had sat for countless minutes listening to the continual drone of the dead line… Closing his eyes silently, he recalled the details… Not in Mumbai… Not in Dehli… Not thereWhere was she? Exhaling deeply, he sat upright… raising himself, he walked towards the window… Fleetingly, his eyes observed the activities of everyday life… The sun was bright today… yet everywhere he looked, people seemed distressed by the heat… He had to find her

*~*

Agra… the city of the Taj… the representation of pure love… for those devoted to another… this was jannat (heaven)… Looking about, his eyes retraced to the object of his most recent frustration. Standing on the side of the road, he waited while a man looked at his malfunctioning vehicle. Again, the sun was out… as it was every day… Only today, he could sense the heat more clearly… as it soaked through his feeble clothes… Lifting off the grey jacket, he rolled up the sleeves of the still white of his shirt. Squinting, he lifted his attention to the oblivious surroundings… a thread of curses having escaped his lightly parted lips. If anything, he hated being late. Vikram-Aditya Mehra was never late… it was just a habit he had acquired through life… Racing ahead of, not with… time.

A mild calm etched into his irritated features as a gust of wind blew into the silent barrier around him… bringing with it a whiff of memory… And as though on cue, he felt the air thicken… hovering over him… an indication of a coming fall… a fall of rain… that would liven up the green… the khet… the laughter… the blue… "Saab… saab…" Startled, he looked questioningly at the eyes of the man trying for his attention… "Haan… wohe… kya keh rahe tehe tum…" he wondered aloud. The man stared at him with uncertain eyes for a long pause, as though assessing him… "Wohe saab, gaadi ka engine kharab lagta hai… pata nahin kitna waqt lagega…" The man's voice seemed to dim with each word… as though preparing for flight at his boss' unknown demeanor.

A flicker of irritancy mingled with his blood, as the urgency had become even more pressing now… Wohe ab yahan nahin rehti… Yahan nahin… toh kahan?... Every hour… every minute… every second since… he had pondered over the question… as it hungrily ate away his being. Alas, with the help of some faintly remembered acquaintances, he had found her location… Time is such a strange thing… for in one moment, it seems to never end… while in another, it takes forever to come… and in a rare moment of truth… it stands still… And now, each second… each minute… each hour… seemed like… forever.

He was so close… but for some reason, a feather-weight of despair plagued his mind… What if… she wasn't there... How would she be… And perhaps most of all… would he be able to see her… with someone else?... Would he be that lone sailor… amidst the sea… with nothing but the water around… from the depth of an eye… and slowly… his ship is sinking… sinking in the sea… the sea of long suppressed affection… It would be overwhelming… But it had been his own doing… He had been the one… to tie her to Pranay… the rich and worthy heir of the Agarwal family, and a dear, dear friend… He had been but in the shadows of such light… Recalling clearly, the scene of Pranay opening the chest of filled with the treasure of love he nourished for… her… a pang of unfelt pain revisited his chest… Each word had slit his skin then… like salt upon an open wound… Vikram-Aditya Mehra… had achieved the highest depths of man… he had found himself… in another… It all seemed but a distant dream… foggy in remembrance…but deeply real… as he stood now, in the midst of a crowded street… unknown to his turmoil. "Acha teekh hai… main taxi le jata hoon…"

*~*

An uncertain calm had thundered inside him… like the acute silence before the great storm… It was like inching towards the edge… from where everything else seemed to whole… Curling his still fingers, he lightly nodded on the door… faintly aware of the empty corridor of the floor… As he waited… the light click of his watch seemed to be the only indication of the passage of time… In the splitting of a second… it all came rushing back…

Weep not for… the memories

Five… Ten… As time slowly made it's presence felt once more, he realized there was no response… Everything was still… Driven by curiosity… withheld by dread… he lifted a hand towards the knob… secretly hoping nothing would become of it… yet praying it did… The dilemma phased out as the door clicked open. Startled, unknowingly, his foot stepped back… After a few minutes of contemplation, he felt himself give in to the temptation… slowly setting foot inside the apartment.

Familiarity welcomed his senses with a whiff of pain… the place bloomed of a pale scent… her scent… As his feet tread deeper into the compartment… it dawned on him almost immediately… She was not here… But she had been… He had no need to stay then… but still… as his eyes scattered over the sheer blinds dancing to the open breeze… the still, dark frame of furnishings… a curiosity fell over him… Winding through the area, it felt as though there was still something here… Entering into a fair sized room… his eyes experienced the contrast with the rest of the place… Each corner radiated in white… as opposed to the dark of the rest… A large bay window swung open, filtering in a delicate breeze… Still… everything was… So perfect…in its place… As his gaze drank in the scene, the solitary desk at the far corner near the window, caught his attention… Unknown to instinct, he slowly approached it… blankness writ over his hard face… Hovering over the bureau surface, he poured obliviously into the dark leather… slowly, allowing his fingers to travel over it… ponder at its unseen contents… With equal ease, he opened the lid… turning it open… As though sensing a presence, the pages began to stir with life… graciously borrowing from the thickened breeze… By this point, he had unknowingly fallen upon the hushed chair… as the white leaves turned quickly… allowing faint glimpses of a lifetime… Hesitantly, his hand marked down onto a page… holding it still… as his stiff eyes melted against the dried tears staining the surface…

Duniya… ye duniya ke log… laga hai har zarey ko koi na koi rog…

Kisse… ye kahanhiyaan… bhahee hai paanee jaise inmein kayi zindgaaniyaan…

Waqt… ye lamhon ka taqaza… kabhi lagey din mein bhi andhera zara sa…

Jeevan… ye saanson ka khel… aisey hi koi raha hai shayad... isse bhi koi jhel…

Again… and again… he traced the curvasive lines across the page… as a thin film fell over his gaze… His fingers firmly grasped the steel utensil… pondering over what seemed an irritably unfinished stanza… Bringing black ink onto the white, he stretched in a string of words…

Ye duniya… ye kisse… ye waqt… ye jeevan…

Jaise bhi ho tasavur inka...

Bhikre pannon ko savareinge hum... tinka... tinka...

With a final stroke, the pen fell through his fingers… as his hand withdrew from the page… again allowing the air, to play through…

"Wohe humesha kehti hai… ke iss duniyaa mein sirf ek hi hai… joh uske adhoorey khayalon ko poora kar paaye… " A pause held all else sway… as the words lingered in the air… as though clouds ready to burst… It was an unfamiliar voice of a female… but he didn't bother confirming… sitting still… After the endless silence, he slowly rose from his seat… Turning towards the voice, he peered into the soulful eyes of a young woman… "You must be Vikram-Aditya… usne ne kabhi zyada bataya nahin… lekin uski aankhein sab batatee hain…" she stated with a hint of reminicence… as though reliving a similar past. With that, she turned to leave… stopping mid-step, facing him, "Waise, I'm Zarra… Uski dost…We've been sharing this place since the past 4 years… " And with that, she disappeared into the shadows… while his eyes tried to fill the empty space at the door… with familiarity… with her… slowly turning his gaze back to the ruffling white leaves… dumbfounded… blankFour years… Chaar saal… Such a long time it was… and all this time… he had lived in a stubborn oblivion… Uncertain of himself for a rare moment, he felt white surrounding him… dull… as he defeated, fell back into the solid chair…

*~*

Love is not blind – it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less. – Rabbi Julius Gordon

Taking in a generous breath, she felt astounded almost… to learn the still living ability of these surroundings… as they breathed into her… a sort of life… in its own… Life… Watching the past unfold around the vast green… she could again here the tinkling of jewels… the ruffle of footsteps against the hard earth… the blue… fragments of moisture pouring from the skies… the voices… laughter… It was as though she had walked back into that time… Looking ahead as she tread through the solid dirt path… her eyes sparkled in reminiscence as the tall figure approached her through a distance… Smiling through her gaze, she addressed the all too familiar… But as the figure loomed closer, she suddenly felt struck with an a strange foreignness… It was more than a dream… she could feel those eyes… with each step, they drained her… as though drinking her in…

Breaking free the stubborn grasp, she looked towards the skies… It was clear… with faint hints of clouds… which had now amassed… threatening in their growing presence… In some corner, the sun seeped vigilantly through the spaces between ceiling leaves… stemming from aged trees… It was cool nonetheless… a strange cool… She could faintly sense the beads of perspiration forming on her forehead… Looking towards the earth on which his feet stepped… her own began to retreat… The silence seemed to be unbearably loud now… her feet fell backwards quicker… and soon she found herself running… Turning away… and… running…

Panting, her hand felt for the support of the rough, memorable bark… Her eyes squinted… while her chest heaved, screaming raspy breaths… It didn't dawn on her until she slowly opened her eyes, regaining posture… that she had stepped into the forbidden… For years… since the day she was wedded to Pranay, she had never come here… Never… It hurt… she knew it would… but she suddenly felt as though hit square in the chest… Clouded with nostalgia, she felt her feet shift… as though her world had been shaken… again. Hitting the bark, her knees seemed to turn to rubber… Her head throbbed as her life came pouring afore anxious eyes… Adi… Maithali… Love?… Pranay… Adi's sudden farewell…Heartbreak… Marriage to Pranay… Demands… Pain…Accident… Death… Widowhood…Taunts…

As he brushed aside the branch thick with leaves… he was unaware of what to expect… unknowingly balling his fists… Clenching his fingers tightly, he dug deeper into the nostalgic place… The scene afore made his soul cry out… It didn't take any hesitation this time, as the thought flashed through his mind… It was a good thing Pranay Kaul was dead… Because if he wasn't, he would have certainly not lived this moment… The dream lay in scatters… the shards of its remains, stung at his eyes… Guilt swept him so suddenly, that the earth seemed no longer underneath his feet… He had trusted Pranay, his best friend… given him the responsibility… sacrificed his only affection… Anger overrode everything for a supreme moment… as he rummaged helplessly in the feverish depths of his guilt… and the consequences of his actions… This had all been because of him

Swarmed in raging passion, for a moment he failed to recall the beauty of the place… The surroundings… the memories… the moments… As his eyes slowly began to refocus on her turned figure, life revisited… Such a contrast to blatant white of her attire… He suddenly couldn't bear it… as it became clearer… like when one approaches a distant call… ringing in the ears… pounding… like the melting iron against his ribcage… His eyes hungered for the colour…

Her breathing had remarkably flattened now… to the dull rhythm of a motionless frame… Without will, her feet turned towards a new direction… She could suddenly hear the soft ripples of light silvery threads… as they rushed downstream… the soft conversation of unseen life… all, as she met the eyes… Instantly, the recent past seemed nonexistent… It was as though the only life she had lived… was that, which narrated through the eyes… They weren't holding her… but allowing her… to experience it… again… to feel… again…

From one end, she could sense the hand, as it rose to her cheek… Blinking, she looked away… Succumbing unexpectedly to the fury… What was he doing here… Was this even happening… What did it matter if it were… A faint stinging sensation seeped into her as she watched his startled reaction… as she moved away from his approaching grasp… "Kyu…kyun… aye ho tum wapas?… Abhi kuch baaki hai kya?…" she spewed with ferocity… while turning away from him… As she did so, she again caught the flutter in his usually firm gaze… Her words were like freezing water… but she had no hold over them… nor the lava boiling within…

He watched her helplessly… as the venom in her voice ran akin to the blood in his veins… She had every right to do this… only she had ever had the right… But now as she exercised it… he for the very first time, felt utterly… vulnerable… It was as though a mirror had been held up against him… and he could see the man in the reflection… as she painted away… "Maithali…" he whispered delicately… Fragile… His voice was fragile… "Margayee Maithali…Kabh ki… Margayee…" she stated without emotion…  An instant rage gripped him, as he realized what she had just said… She had every right to blame him… but no right as this…

As he grabbed her arms… pressing her close, she looked up with startled eyes, acutely aware of the tinge of fire in his voice… Fire… The intensity emanating him was remarkable… Even fire at its extreme, felt cool… Acidic moisture stung at the edges of her eyes, as she attempted to realize what was happening… trying to control herself… Reaching into the depths of his eyes, she could read the hurt… the sorrow… the yearn… She realized in a moment… that she had not been alone in her trials all this time… A part of her had walked off with him, the day he had left… As it now revisited her, she suddenly felt complete again… His eyes narrated everything… simultaneously soaking away her pain… the wounds mended… the lost re-found… Long stifled droplets fell through her eyes as she cupped his face in her hands… The rare tears streaming down his face reflected the same helplessness… Feeling his hands cup her own face, she closed her eyes in a grateful pain…  She didn't know she was capable of feeling again… not until this moment… The years worth of hatred had never measured up to a moment's worth of love…

As their foreheads met, thin droplets of water fell through the holed roof of trees… melting the past… the present… the future… While the past relived around them… coming alive, as a phoenix arises from the ashes… It was as though that time had reacquainted with them in this single moment… The youthful attraction had now bloomed to maturity… Bringing an essence of eternal strength…

Slowly parting from, he opened his eyes to her again… noticing her follow… A gentle smile touched upon her lips… echoing upon his own… Slowly, but surely… it gave way to an impish grin… as his eyes teased her features… still holding her face… as hers retreated… He smiled internally as the colour rose to her cheeks… His falling gaze preyed upon the lightly trembling lips… while his own bent before them… wiping clean the hesitancy… Holding her in his arms like this… was like finding himself again… Finding… home… again… And this time, he vowed never to walk away…

Jannat... Log jannat ki talash mein zindagi bita dete hain... Lekin ye nazara toh aakhir wahin par mil jaaye... jahan mohabbat ki ibadat ho...

Comments/Criticisms/Suggestions… Thank you deeply!!

Cheers,

dc
tsamhita thumbnail

MINDBLOWING 👏 👏 the whole union was amazing...

reserved for further comments 😉

Edit:

Really really like the capter👏👏...to start from the begining, the way you describe practically every movement of Adi is very commendable 👍🏼 love the way his every feeling is expressed and the way he keeps falling back into the abyss of his past😳...how he keeps remembering her.

When he steps into maithili's appartment and can sense the fact that she was here just by her scent is😍...even after so many years he hasen't forgotten her. When he opens her book and reads out those lines...😳 Neetu you are such a good poet...and when he completes it...its like he completes her.

~The both of them...incomplete without each other~

And the finale...how can anyone forget that! it was so bloody good!😆 the way she was the only one who had the right to speak to him like that...the way he pressed her against himself and finally her acceptance...very touching...and to end it off...that impish grin on his face😆 true Vikram Aditya Mehra😉

Loved your whole story...especially this end part😳 you know, if i don't stop now, i'd probably write a whole page of praises and why i like it so much😆

Edited by tsamhita - 15 years ago
Anjali-K thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Amazing, absolutely brilliant!!!

Loved the description of things and thier reunion was just....

Reserved will continue with the comments later.😛😳

Edited by *angel94* - 15 years ago