Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ravi Chopra's sons set 2 join bollywood!!

*4rom heaven* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago
Ravi Chopra's sons set to join Bollywood

As Ravi Chopra readies his Naya Daur for a re-release and also gets working on his final schedule of Big B – SRK starrer, Bhootnoth, his two sons Abhay and Kapil are all set to make their Bollywood debut. Ravi Chopra's father B.R. Chopra is a legendary filmmaker and his uncle is Yash Chopra whose elder son, Aditya Chopra is considered the most powerful man in Hindi film industry. Younger son, Uday is still a struggling actor despite the super hit Dhoom series.

Confirming the news the Baabul maker tells us, "Yes both my sons are all set to join the films. My elder son Kapil is going to make his debut as an actor. I am planning to launch him in my next film titled Kohinoor. And my younger son, Abhay is planning to direct a film titled Mitti and will be launching the film by January."

</>

"Mitti will be based on the importance of our country. It is all about what happens when you don't love your country" reveals Chopra. Being a film maker himself, how much will he be involved in the project? "It is completely Abhay's baby. I will be only helping him with the script." He further continues, "Kohinoor will be directed by me as Kapil has insisted that he wants his debut film to be directed by me."

"Kohinoor is based on the precious Kohinoor diamond and we have plans to launch this film in coming September, after Bhootnath is ready. The scripts of the films are being written by Prakash Kapadia who has earlier written Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas," adds the Baghbaan maker.

Speaking on his current venture Bhootnath, Chopra says, "The film is 40% complete and our final schedule will be from July 16 to September 18 with Amitabh and Shah Rukh together. One of the major reasons for the delay in this project has been that I was facing a lot of problems in my family. I lost a lot of family members one after the other and couldn't be on the sets. Amitji was vary of working with new unit members and wanted me to be present on the sets when he was working. But since I couldn't fulfill his wishes we had to stall the shooting. I have finally managed to get their dates together and will be starting to shoot very soon."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

marrygoround thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
hmm, another family....

thnx for sharing 😊