Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Originally posted by: Maya_M

That is another sad plight of music industry where none of these people even get royalty when their music/song is played. Another thing ID always says, had he been still a violinist, no body would have known him.

right. ๐Ÿ˜›and had all those company founders stayed as programmers, they wouldn't have made their billions. so unfair that they dont hand them billions for programming, no? so unfair that they actually have to go out and create something much bigger than themselves, no?๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jaadoogar

It is useless to discuss, on one hand there is ID who does not have control over what he says... on other hand is Manohar ji, who also does not have control over what he says... Both combinedly show past and present state of hindi cinema music industry.... There is no legends, if we say a legend based on number of hits then HR is the only true legend... Who gave 36 hits in a year, none in the history of Indian music could do whether it was Naushaad ji or Pancham da or anybody else.... ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

i think they might have loosened the definition of "hit" these days. 36 hits in a year? by definition, he can still just have only one song that is the biggest hit, right? else, they must be looking at sales volumes. and that should have expanded anyway given that more people buy music today. increased population, more disposable income, more entertainment culture etc.

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: joypaul

Yes he made the vada pau comment for his own student, but he was so upset with his singing, because he must have put great efforts in him and that guy just messed it up. 

next time someone does not do too well on an exam, i suppose his parents should spank him too. i mean they too would get upset, no? and getting upset justifies saying anything, no?๐Ÿ˜›

As you yourself said, he speaks without tact, I would call it straight.  Criticising is also a very important aspect of training, in my perspective.

place and time for that. vada pau and "bold and beautiful" kinda comments dont cut it in today's world๐Ÿ˜‰

I do not remember that he ever made any lousy statement against Twinkle.  All he said to her was to concentrate on singing rather than other things.

just because someone bothers to dress up makes him think she's not working on her singing? what does he think singing is? someone who has been singing all their lives should still be cramming up the week before? didnt hemu and others also spend time sporting a new look? given the quality and style of his comments, i'd rather he kept it to singing, of course if one thinks he is qualified to๐Ÿ˜‰

Please get your facts right before stating. 

got them. very straight๐Ÿ˜›

It was Himesh's students who were ousted in favour of Mauli and not Id's.  ID fought for his student when he felt she was wrongly eliminated.

he's been seen speaking up for members from other gharanas as well. he was off like a rocket to see molly on stage๐Ÿ˜†

advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: N Sinha

He went on to reveal that he knew ID's father Husain,who was never a Saxophone player!!He was a clarinet player,at least at the recordings. It is rather shameful how ID can boast about his father publicly at the cost of Manoharida?

Here by he - Sinhaji means Manohari Singh. So according to Sinhaji's post and Manohari Singh's statements , Husein Saab was NEVER a saxophone player at least at the recordings.

Originally posted by: Maya_M

Seems like Manohari Singh also said something which is untrue. All the articles on the net clearly mentions Husain Darbar as accomplished Clarinet and Saxophone player. One such article is

http://manoranjanonline.com/featuredArtists/IsmailDarbar/Ism ailDarbar.htm

"Ismail Darbar was born during March, 1976 in Gujarat, India. He was the product of a family that boasted four generations talented musicians. Darbar, the son of accomplished clarinet and saxophone player Husain, began his training with his father by learning to play the violin. His musical aptitude, however, brought him to his next teachers - Pandit Ramprasad Sharma (father of composer Pyarelal) and Ganesh (Pyarelal's brother). With such an immense amount of training, it was only a matter of time before Ismail Darbar stepped into his destiny to become one of the most talented musical directors."

From Maya's posts above and also after referring to articles in the internet I also agree with her, that those mention Husein Saab as an accomplished saxophone and clarinet player.

So is Manohari  Singh telling the whole truth ? How do we know that?

There is a good possibility that Ismail Darbar Saab is also not telling a lie. It is quite possible that Husein Saab had recorded it but it was never included in the final song. So when we see the credits or read articles, we see Manohari Singh ji name there and not Husein Saab's.This possibility is quite likely, is it not?

Now why that peice was substituted in the final song, who can tell us. The music director, or that film director or the producer of that film. We do not know the whole story yet.

Just recently didn't we just see an article here, where Amitabh Bachchan wanted a song recorded in someone else's voice, therefore it was done and the original singer who had sang was livid to see his songs misisng and recorded in someone else's voice and also his name missing from the credits.Can't remember which article was that, but it was surely posted here at IF SRGMP.

Isn't song rerecording the cause for tiff between Adesh and Alka too? these days they all get so much of media coverage and can vent out, thereby keeping an alibi..On those days,there was no coverrage and who would listen to a Hussein ? Aren't we aware of the clout of the celebrities of those days . remember how the respected  Mangeshkar sisters had  not allowed competition to set foot into their area? we have read those articles right here.May be such a scene existed, and no one would hear a Hussaein dukh bhari kahani if at all tehre was one lest they offend some "big shot"- who really knows...these are all conjectures.

Many a thing happen behind closed doors or has happened in the past especially in the entertainment field..May be the MD had a reason for changing it, may be the hero/heroine wanted it changed, may be the piece did not come out properly or meet the requiement, may be someone with clout wanted it that way..there are so many may be..who knows the exact reason?

ID has said that he became a MD to take badla for the injustice meted out to his dad. May be this exchange of pieces is one such thing that he calls injustice. Instead of clarifying with him , as to what exactly he meant when he said that his dad played it when all evidence points the player to be Manohari Singh - should we call him a blatant liar? is that fair?

As Mark Twain said...."get all your facts first and you can distort them later"...

Edited by advil - 16 years ago
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: chatbuster

But the comments made by Manohar, where he says that ID's father was not a saxophone player, are false, because someone posted a source showing that he was a saxophone player as well as a clarinet player.

do we know the context in which he said that? it could well mean that ID's father didnt play the sax on that one song unlike what ID claimed๐Ÿ˜‰

It seems you missed out on this valid point in Sinhaji's post....let me bring it over for you....

Originally posted by: N Sinha

He went on to reveal that he knew ID's father Husain,who was never a Saxophone player!!He was a clarinet player,at least at the recordings.

Edited by advil - 16 years ago
rocker1 thumbnail

Now don't try to squeeze out of what you've said. That statement wasn't talking about ID's 'constant bad behavior'. It clearly stated that using abusive language is preferable to walking out. It didn't say using abusive comments is preferable to constant bad behavior. And you've strongly noted that you've agreed to each and every point, so I'm assuming you agree to this as well. ๐Ÿ˜›

And yes, by abusive we're still talking about Abhijeet's comments to Bappi da. They way he insulted him, made fun of him, etc. By agreeing to that you agree that ID should have done all that to Khayyam saab too, rather than quietly walk away. Is that correct? Or is just another of your contradictory positions based on who is making those comments - Abhijeet or Ismail. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The writer os that statement has also accepted that they made that statement incorrectly and have edited it out. I understand, kabhi kabhi galat baat nikal jaati hai. Aap bhi galati maan hi lo. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I cannot pin stuff down on you, because you always manage to squeeze out somehow - baaton ka jadoo istemaal kar ke. Lekin nishaan to reh jaate hain na. ๐Ÿ˜‰

P.S. Kindly point out any contradictory position of mine. Because as far as I know, I've always been very consistent in my positions. Kabhi to apni baat to evidence se back up kiya karo yaar. Sirf bol ke nikal jaate ho. ๐Ÿ˜Š

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: advil

It seems you missed out on this valid point in Sinhaji's post....let me bring it over for you....

a lot of musicians i know can play more than one instrument, especially when it's part of the same family. cant be bothered what husain played at home or elsewhere. point for me is did he play the sax on those recordings. sinhaji's statement can be interpreted either way. so nope. i didnt miss the point.๐Ÿ˜Š

as for husain's version being left out, whose prerogative is that? maybe his version sucked? was he going to take the fall if the song flopped? in any case, if it was so easy for someone else to do another version, then how hard must it be? why beat all the tom-tom and play the trumpet then?๐Ÿ˜†

sareg thumbnail
so to do a in-game analysis ๐Ÿ˜‰
1. ID said the song is close to his heart b'cos he remember's his father telling him he(ID's father) played the Sax on this song and never got the credit
2. Manhoriji says ID's father was never a Sax player
3. I think I read the song was directed by Panchamda

From what happened in JBJ, where Daler's voice was replaced by Shankar's voice

1. ID's father did play the sax on the song, but ultimately when it was released it was played by Manhoriji(I think this is the most probable scenario and then no-one will be lying in this episode)
Or
2. ID's father played it and Manhoriji is taking the credit, in effect Manhoriji is lying
or
3. ID's father lied to his son
or
4. ID is lying

In my opinion, #1, #2 and #3 are the most likely, but since we have usual players everyone seems to be discussing #4(which I agree is possible- 25% ๐Ÿ˜† )

Originally posted by: chatbuster

what quality are we talking about? a couple of kisna kisna songs does the trick?๐Ÿ˜† guy has very little quality. and quantity we all know about.

as for firing the wrong shot, i am simply stating you raised the issue yourself. i didnt, did i? so your attributing it to me is incorrect imo๐Ÿ˜‰

Chatty, You deviated from the main topic and I simply replied to them. So now leaving all the quality and quantity discussion๐Ÿ˜‰ let me come back to main issue here. Who is the liar or who is misconstrued? If one set of article states that the saxophone was indeed played by Manohari then another set states that Husain Darbar was a Saxophone player too which Manohari Singh negated. I am waiting for that DNA article.

BTW as for your one comment on western influence quantity then there is one famous mentor doing just that. He will surely become a legend๐Ÿ˜† and also has right to question any singer Mahagurus because he has quantity.

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: shadyhtown

Now don't try to squeeze out of what you've said. That statement wasn't talking about ID's 'constant bad behavior'. It clearly stated that using abusive language is preferable to walking out.

there's a literal clintonesque parsing of that statement which you are doing. and there's a bigger contextual one. i am assuming that the writer meant all of ID's tantrums.

in case that's still not clear to you, i dont consider for example walking out for fresh air a bad thing. it's actually good for health you know. ๐Ÿ˜†so if you keep on with your narrow interpretation of things, you can also end up claiming that i said that morning walks are bad. ๐Ÿ˜› cant get too literal with yourself๐Ÿ˜‰

It didn't say using abusive comments is preferable to constant bad behavior. And you've strongly noted that you've agreed to each and every point, so I'm assuming you agree to this as well. ๐Ÿ˜›

of course. but there was an implicit comparison drawn. and you still are not getting it๐Ÿ˜‰

And yes, by abusive we're still talking about Abhijeet's comments to Bappi da. They way he insulted him, made fun of him, etc.

what's the matter? didnt you get the point about a time and place for it all? certainly on-air tantrums and insults are worse than abhijit calling bappida whatever off-air imo. which is why i maintain- gotta learn to make some differentiations๐Ÿ˜‰

By agreeing to that you agree that ID should have done all that to Khayyam saab too, rather than quietly walk away. Is that correct? Or is just another of your contradictory positions based on who is making those comments - Abhijeet or Ismail. ๐Ÿ˜‰

another? lol. that takes the cake๐Ÿ˜† hint: try finding even one๐Ÿ˜‰

The writer os that statement has also accepted that they made that statement incorrectly and have edited it out. I understand, kabhi kabhi galat baat nikal jaati hai. Aap bhi galati maan hi lo. ๐Ÿ˜‰

haha, tum ne kaha galti toh galti hai? great going๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜† 

I cannot pin stuff down on you, because you always manage to squeeze out somehow - baaton ka jadoo istemaal kar ke. Lekin nishaan to reh jaate hain na. ๐Ÿ˜‰

always? ๐Ÿ˜†

P.S. Kindly point out any contradictory position of mine. Because as far as I know, I've always been very consistent in my positions. Kabhi to apni baat to evidence se back up kiya karo yaar. Sirf bol ke nikal jaate ho. ๐Ÿ˜Š

read any exchanges we've had before. sorry if i dont have your energy and time for such trivia?๐Ÿ˜‰