Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chatbuster thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: Maya_M

Chatty, You deviated from the main topic and I simply replied to them.

lol, how did i deviate when you started that trail yourself? did u mean you deviated and took me along on the scenic vista detour?πŸ˜†

So now leaving all the quality and quantity discussionπŸ˜‰ let me come back to main issue here. Who is the liar or who is misconstrued? If one set of article states that the saxophone was indeed played by Manohari then another set states that Husain Darbar was a Saxophone player too which Manohari Singh negated. I am waiting for that DNA article.

no no. cant be interpreting things so literally. that's what they do in kindergarten. i mean next thing anyone can claim they can play the sax as long as they have put their hands on the instrument even a few times. it all comes down to how well. and i suppose if his recording was chucked out, then he couldn't have been that good, could he? i mean why was ID making such a big song and dance about that piece if someone could have bettered it so easily?πŸ˜‰

BTW as for your one comment on western influence quantity then there is one famous mentor doing just that. He will surely become a legendπŸ˜† and also has right to question any singer Mahagurus because he has quantity.

again going somewhere i did not. i said ID had neither much quality nor quantity. did not say that quantity was all that mattered. 😊

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: sareg

so to do a in-game analysis πŸ˜‰
1. ID said the song is close to his heart b'cos he remember's his father telling him he(ID's father) played the Sax on this song and never got the credit
2. Manhoriji says ID's father was never a Sax player
3. I think I read the song was directed by Panchamda

From what happened in JBJ, where Daler's voice was replaced by Shankar's voice

1. ID's father did play the sax on the song, but ultimately when it was released it was played by Manhoriji(I think this is the most probable scenario and then no-one will be lying in this episode)
Or
2. ID's father played it and Manhoriji is taking the credit, in effect Manhoriji is lying
or
3. ID's father lied to his son
or
4. ID is lying

In my opinion, #1, #2 and #3 are the most likely, but since we have usual players everyone seems to be discussing #4(which I agree is possible- 25% πŸ˜† )

i think it's very likely that pops was making up tall stories for his boy ID. next thing someone can be telling their son is how they should get credit for every piece of software siimply because they wrote some lines of algorithm that got trashed.πŸ˜†

in any case, if ID can be believed, then it sure seems his pop motivated or at least inspired him in a negative "badla lena" sense. never takes most people too far imo. maybe he should have stressed the fact as to why it is important to work hard and excel at one's craft? i mean could this negativity be one source of why ID is out of work today?πŸ˜‰

Guardian Angel thumbnail
Originally posted by: N Sinha

Being a member of Panchamrit club (which comprises of hard core fans of RD Burman), I came across this blatant lie of ID while reading one discussion.

Could you please give us the link??

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatbuster

right. πŸ˜›and had all those company founders stayed as programmers, they wouldn't have made their billions. so unfair that they dont hand them billions for programming, no? so unfair that they actually have to go out and create something much bigger than themselves, no?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Lack of aspiration or inability to become a music director doesn't make the talent of a violin-player any lesser.  If the violinist excelled at playing violin, he must be as recognized for his contribution.
MD designs and compiles the sequences of musical notes originating at various sources to generate a cohesive melody.  He clearly is instrumental in the success of the final product.  However, just as a CEO can't do all the programming and debugging himself AND on top of that look cute and smart at the board meetings / at TIME magazine shoots, impress stock holders and intimidate competetors, a music director will have a run for his life if made to play all the instruments himself and sing as well πŸ˜‰.  So no undermining the engineers / employees who contribute to realizing the enterpreneur's dream and no undermining the tabla , harmonium, flute and violin men ..  They also deserve their share of credits & recognition. Why not?
Edited by mermaid_QT - 16 years ago
Originally posted by: GUARDIAN ANGEL

Could you please give us the link??

Without link we reached 14 pages. Ab link se kya hoga rama re!πŸ˜†

N Sinha thumbnail
phew...............!!
14 pages and the fire goes on, I wish I had not posted this. Nither I want to be a fanatic nor an ID basher, he must have done hard work to reac h where he is..
Hmmm... it seems I should have changed the language and made it more palatable.
This post is completely based on myriads of emails I received on Pancham's B Day where many fans were angry because of ID taking credit for Manohar ji's work..
Many of these Pancham's fans are close to Manohar singhji and even Shakti-Samanta who would go any miles to prove that what ID saab was incorrect, now many possibilities are here which are being discussed over & over.
IF I hurt anyone's sentiment I'm sorry about that.

Peace please..........

Each and everything I wrote is correct to the best of my information and nothing is a figment of my imagination.
advil thumbnail

Originally posted by: N Sinha

phew...............!!
14 pages and the fire goes on, I wish I had not posted this. Nither I want to be a fanatic nor an ID basher, he must have done hard work to reac h where he is..
Hmmm... it seems I should have changed the language and made it more palatable.
This post is completely based on myriads of emails I received on Pancham's B Day where many fans were angry because of ID taking credit for Manohar ji's work..
Many of these Pancham's fans are close to Manohar singhji and even Shakti-Samanta who would go any miles to prove that what ID saab was incorrect, now many possibilities are here which are being discussed over & over.
IF I hurt anyone's sentiment I'm sorry about that.

Peace please..........

Each and everything I wrote is correct to the best of my information and nothing is a figment of my imagination.

Sinhaji,

There is always two sides to a story. You got the emails of the fans who know Manohari ji and you saw that side. Glad  that you brought it up.

Who knows, may be Ismailji also has a side too and the possibilities  of what they can be have been listed here. Like we said, Mahohariji is 100% right when he says it was him who was credited with playing the saxophone for that song and he had played it. But he did not tell the background story of why Hussein ji's piece was not there.

There is a BIG possibility he shared a part story, not the complete one. The other part only Ismailji can tell  to confirm what had transpired.

I Like ID's music but I am not a "fanatic" fan. And I am still glad that thanks to Manohariji's  statement, where he insisted that Husein Saab NEVER played the saxophone, it could be brought out that he has either forgotten or wasn't 100% truthful himself.

I know Rahul mentioned here that one who plays saxophone at home need not be credited as he never played it in recording. Well, theer are various other articles on the net that does credit Husein Saab as BOTH a saxophone and a clarinet player.And if he was just a home type player, I doubt they would have mentioned that.

So one thing is clear - ID can be given the benefit of doubt and not called a blatant liar .Perhaps you can now take this thread link and give to the "angry fans" .

Edited by advil - 16 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Lack of aspiration or inability to become a music director doesn't make the talent of a violin-player any lesser.  If the violinist excelled at playing violin, he must be as recognized for his contribution.
MD designs and compiles the sequences of musical notes originating at various sources to generate a cohesive melody.  He clearly is instrumental in the success of the final product.  However, just as a CEO can't do all the programming and debugging himself AND on top of that look cute and smart at the board meetings / at TIME magazine shoots, impress stock holders and intimidate competetors, a music director will have a run for his life if made to play all the instruments himself and sing as well πŸ˜‰.  So no undermining the engineers / employees who contribute to realizing the enterpreneur's dream and no undermining the tabla , harmonium, flute and violin men ..  They also deserve their share of credits & recognition. Why not?

sure sure, give them all the credit. am all for it. πŸ˜›as long as it doesnt cost anything and doesnt mean anythingπŸ˜† 

also, as long as we dont end up with a telephone directory list of credits on every album. next thing we'd be listing any and every tom dick and harry, all the people who supposedly inspired them, the local paan-walla who fed them, the botli wala etc etcπŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail
Originally posted by: advil

Sinhaji,

There is always two sides to a story. You got the emails of the fans who know Manohari ji and you saw that side. Glad  that you brought it up.

and we have the official version also, dont we? that husain didnt do that piece?πŸ˜‰

Who knows, may be Ismailji also has a side too and the possibilities  of what they can be have been listed here. Like we said, Mahohariji is 100% right when he says it was him who was credited with playing the saxophone for that song and he had played it. But he did not tell the background story of why Hussein ji's piece was not there.

lol. why should manohar do that? i mean does anyone go around trying to find out why someone else who was not hired for a job is not getting credit for that job?πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

There is a BIG possibility he shared a part story, not the complete one. The other part only Ismailji can tell  to confirm what had transpired.

since ID is making those tall claims, maybe he should be having the burden of proof since his story dont exactly jive with the official version?πŸ˜‰

I Like ID's music but I am not a "fanatic" fan. And I am still glad that thanks to Manohariji's  statement, where he insisted that Husein Saab NEVER played the saxophone, it could be brought out that he has either forgotten or wasn't 100% truthful himself.

I know Rahul mentioned here that one who plays saxophone at home need not be credited as he never played it in recording. Well, theer are various other articles on the net that does credit Husein Saab as BOTH a saxophone and a clarinet player.

And if he was just a home type player, I doubt they would have mentioned that.

that's called resume embellishment.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† and empty praise that one cant bank on. the official version we do know. obviously not good enough to make the cut.πŸ˜‰

So one thing is clear - ID can be given the benefit of doubt and not called a blatant liar .Perhaps you can now take this thread link and give to the "angry fans" .

well, if ID cant prove things, then he should not make out-of-the-blue remarks. that way we'd get everyone coming out of the woodwork making wild unsubstantiated claims.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Edited by chatbuster - 16 years ago
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
When is that DNA article coming and who is going to post it?