Act of Ismail-must read..!!

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 14 years ago

Being a member of Panchamrit club (which comprises of hard core fans of RD Burman), I came across this blatant lie of ID while reading one discussion.
Some time ago when one of the singers was singing Hai Duniya usiki (Kashmir ki Kali) on SRGM 2007, Raj Sodha appeared on stage playing solo on this song on saxophone, It was announced that this is a favourite song of Ismail Darbar,at this juncture,to surprise, ID said that this solo pieces were played by his father on saxophone and even after playing such piece his father could not make much progress in the industry. But the fact is that the piece being discussed was played by our Manohari da (the person who controlled the orchestra of RD for years, a saxophone player & a very respected person in the music industry, everyone knows him in Bollywood personally), ******** ******** It is rather shameful how ID can boast about his father publicly at the cost of Manoharida?
Needless to say quite a few people are enraged in the club and completely mad with this incidence, they actually have talked to the producer of this show (SRGM on Zee) and asked them to clarify on this issue, an article is likely to come up on DNA any day….

**Viewbie - The title of the article has been changed as it may affect the sentiments of the fans of the music director..**

Moderator's Note:

For Sinhaji : Sinhaji i edited that Manoharji's part as i agree with other members that it does not carries valid proof. As soon as DNA published the article that part can always be added.Smile

For members : Friends the rest of the article remains. because here in the article Sinhaji provided us info on the validity of a comment made by one of the mentors of the show. Sorry but the topic will remain open for discussion.Smile

Edited by Barnali - 14 years ago
Hmmmm .... this aptly sums up the pathetic state of our music industry .... every tom, dick and harry wants their two piece of glory and fame ... and that too at any cost even if it means resorting to lies, gimmicks and cheap publicities ....

Ouch Ouch Ouch
yup ss BTW we enjoyed Pancham's B Day in full gusto, all fms & ETV muzic played nothing today but Pancham's song, here in Kolkata
I actually never heard him say that. Was it said on India episode? Which particular episode was this (so I can look up the video)

Originally posted by N Sinha

yup ss BTW we enjoyed Pancham's B Day in full gusto, all fms & ETV muzic played nothing today but Pancham's song, here in Kolkata

Wish I was there as well !! For me it was a daily grind at my office ...

Confused  Confused

I heard rumours(Source ZeeTV) that Sanjay Leela Bhansali was mad at ID since ID lied to his own wife about his relationship with another lady, in which he involved SLB's name.

Originally posted by simplyskud

Hmmmm .... this aptly sums up the pathetic state of our music industry .... every tom, dick and harry wants their two piece of glory and fame ... and that too at any cost even if it means resorting to lies, gimmicks and cheap publicities ....

Ouch Ouch Ouch

well-said.. I second that!   Quite sadly, that's BUSINESS of music. Ouch
Edited by mermaid_QT - 14 years ago

[Content Removed]