Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Another thing which puzzles me is: why did ID not mention that the piece has been credited to Manohari Singh, but had originally been played by his father or something to that impact? Why did he cut out MS completely from the picture, even though MS is the one generally credited for the song? Or was it edited out?
mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatbuster

sure sure, give them all the credit. am all for it.  

good

πŸ˜›as long as it doesnt cost anything and doesnt mean anythingπŸ˜†

now that's pure mean.. not acknowledging their contribution is making business out of music instead of appreciating music itself πŸ˜›

also, as long as we dont end up with a telephone directory list of credits on every album.

Album should include a list comprising of every artist that generated any SOUND that became part of the composition.

next thing we'd be listing any and every tom dick and harry, all the people who supposedly inspired them, the local paan-walla who fed them, the botli wala etc etcπŸ˜†

r- that's funny, πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

but i am willing keep it limited to those who made direct contribution.

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Originally posted by: punjini

Another thing which puzzles me is: why did ID not mention that the piece has been credited to Manohari Singh, but had originally been played by his father or something to that impact? Why did he cut out MS completely from the picture, even though MS is the one generally credited for the song? Or was it edited out?

IMO, there coul be several possibilities- few include

1. he did not remember
2. he is in denial
3. he did not care
4. he did not care about the controversy it could create
5. he looked at this as a way to generate controversy, drama, publicity
6. out of context / edited words?
Anuradha thumbnail
Originally posted by: GUARDIAN ANGEL

Could you please give us the link??

Minali, please read the whole post.. There is a Mod note from Barnalidi for members.. Its not an article - Its a post and some valid points which Sinhaji is sharing with us.. Dont take this as an article - take this as an information and post from Sinhaji
saan1997 thumbnail
Guys,please check this .........        &nb sp;         &nb sp;   As ID was busy with shooting and spending time with contestants, he could not celebrate his birthday with his family.. All the 4 boys sing a song for Ismailji and a man comes blowing the trumpet..

When Aditya asks what is the relationship he has with this song, ID says "This is the song which made him the music director.." His father blow the trumpet in this song and after this he didnot come into this industry.. He then promised his father that he will take the revenge and become a very famous music director.. ID gets really emotional after hearing to this song..

At the end of episode, whole of his family comes to the set and they all cut cake.. ID calls Khayyam sahab and Rajesh Roshan to stage.. Everyone together sing a song for ID.. He then cuts the cake and gives the first piece to Khayyam sahab and then to Rajesh Roshan and all the mentors and every other people on stage..

Video of "Ismail Darbar's Birthday Celebration"

http://saregamapashow.com/2007/06/ismail-darbars-special-vio lin.html
punjini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Saan it was a saxophone, not a trumpet. Now don't tell me ID's father played the trumpet too! πŸ˜†

Saan it was a saxophone, not a trumpet. Now don't tell me ID's father played the trumpet too! πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† No that is ID who blows his trumpet.

ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..that was funny!

gopalbhai thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Still worse , there is an add on ISI mark which shows Akbar getting the news that his wife has got electric shock when operating an electrical appliance. Birbal says Akbar that Akbar probably bought a duplicate appliance he should buy ISI certified appliances only. Akbar thanks Birbal and  Akbar now asks Tansen "Is your Sitar having ISI mark."? Tansen says "No". Akbar says " Then i will not listen to your singing too!!"

For all the knowledgeable people who made and approved that adv  Tanpura, Sitar and Veena are all same!!!
saan1997 thumbnail
Lol,i found tis article in srgmp official site.Those are not my words.What i wanted was u all to see that video where ID is talking about his father! Here is the link!         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         & nbsp;         h ttp://saregamapashow.com/2007/06/ismail-darbars-special-vio lin.html