Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

joypaul thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by: punjini

You can call it an irony or a joke - the fact remains that you can't always have structured debates. Sometimes debates just happen. They are sparked by some news or development. I don't agree that people don't have anything good to say. There are all kinds of people. We even have people drooling over Shekhar or Aditya for reasons best known to them.

I did not say that people do not have anything good tosay, I said that they have very less to say in praise of good work  - I think there is a difference between these two.

Also about people saying good things about Shekar or Aditya, it is not for their good work but for other reasons as you know yourself.

Anyways, it is my point of view and what I've noticed in the forum, tha's all.

simplyskud thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: joypaul

Yes anu, is is a joke, but at the same time, it's a pity too.  People have so much to talk about in criticism for every small wrong done, but very less in praise for loads of good work. (I'm speaking general here and not in particular about ID)

I disagree. There are innumerable threads that have been created in praises of singers and musicians even lyricists. 

However, the average human fare is all about gossip and spicy tidbits ( a mallika sherawat HR mehbooba song will be more discussed than the helen RDB one) and in these changing times music is all about presentation, marketing, publicity and orceshtrated beats rather than melody .... With it comes the dark side of slandering, accusations and criticisms .... so you've to take them all....

However, the forum still has a lot of people who appreciate good music ...

πŸ˜‰  πŸ˜‰

amarendu thumbnail
Originally posted by: shadyhtown

Nope. The characterization here is very much within the context, and based on the contradictory positions you have expressed in this very thread. I don't bring up past incidents completely unrelated to the discussion on hand, just because the mentor involved in that incident is being discussed here in a completely different issue. Some people seem to enjoy doing that. It helps them divert and stretch the debate. πŸ˜‰

Want me to expose one of your contradictory positions? Well, it's funny how you say you detest people who throw tantrums and pass cheap comments, but you have no problem with Abhijeet's comments. In fact, in this very thread,  you quote and applaud a member's post (agreeing to every point, mind you) which says walking out is worse than using abusive comments. I suppose ID should have stayed there and abused Khayyam saab rather than walk out on him. Just so long as he abused him without throwing a tantrum. Kyon? πŸ˜‰

Dear, I have corrected in the original post, and have apologised for that inadvertant error in putting my thoughts. My point was regarding ID throwing tantrums, which is not 'respectable' at all. 

amarendu thumbnail
And for Abhijeet's part, he had his facts right. For this, ID does not....and several articles have been posted as proof.
rocker1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: amarendu

And for Abhijeet's part, he had his facts right. For this, ID does not....and several articles have been posted as proof.

Well the comparison of ID with Abhijeet was not for this statement about his father - it was for his walkout. I was comparing their behaviors here because CB brought up that issue - yes, I agree the issue was out of context. (As for how 'right' Abhijeet's 'facts' were, I've already shown that in the 45 page thread - won't get into it again)

As for ID's statement about his father playing the saxophone, like many members have noted, he said his father did not receive credit - maybe his version was replaced with another one. Until we know the full story we cannot brand ID a liar.

But the comments made by Manohar, where he says that ID's father was not a saxophone player, are false, because someone posted a source showing that he was a saxophone player as well as a clarinet player. But I won't label Manohar a liar either unless I get a source and know the full story and context of his statements.

I prefer to treat everyone equally, regardless of how old they are or how original they are or how popular they are or what their beliefs are.

Edited by shadyhtown - 16 years ago
Anuradha thumbnail

Yes anu, is is a joke, but at the same time, it's a pity too.  People have so much to talk about in criticism for every small wrong done, but very less in praise for loads of good work. (I'm speaking general here and not in particular about ID)

No joy i do not agree with this.. People are discussing good music, and also praising for the good work.. There is lot more other discussion going on.. It sometimes happens that one person's views contradict the other and thus we end up with the debate while putting forth the views.. I agree with sahanaji here, any topic is not made for debate - any topic changes into debate when people start giving their views and start contradicting the others..

Well, regarding my post, it was just a casual post i made to just bring in a lighter mood to this debate..😳

chatbuster thumbnail

what quality are we talking about? a couple of kisna kisna songs does the trick?πŸ˜† guy has very little quality. and quantity we all know about.

as for firing the wrong shot, i am simply stating you raised the issue yourself. i didnt, did i? so your attributing it to me is incorrect imoπŸ˜‰

chatbuster thumbnail

Nope. The characterization here is very much within the context, and based on the contradictory positions you have expressed in this very thread. I don't bring up past incidents completely unrelated to the discussion on hand, just because the mentor involved in that incident is being discussed here in a completely different issue. Some people seem to enjoy doing that. It helps them divert and stretch the debate. πŸ˜‰

Want me to expose one of your contradictory positions?

sure. like how i expose yours all the time?πŸ˜†

Well, it's funny how you say you detest people who throw tantrums and pass cheap comments, but you have no problem with Abhijeet's comments.

that happened off-line. sure i have a problem with that too but in the scheme of things ID's comments have often been very crass, his behavior uncouth. and all of it on-air. give this guy a platform to spout off and he 'abuses' the opportunity.πŸ˜‰ not what one wants to impress upon kids. hope this expands on your understandingπŸ˜‰

In fact, in this very thread,  you quote and applaud a member's post (agreeing to every point, mind you) which says walking out is worse than using abusive comments. 

I suppose ID should have stayed there and abused Khayyam saab rather than walk out on him. Just so long as he abused him without throwing a tantrum. Kyon? πŸ˜‰

lol. so we are into the fine parsing now, bill clinton style. he inhaled but didnt smoke. he didnt have s**ual relations with that woman. good stuff. πŸ˜† bud, try to look at the forest and hopefully you'll get somewhere.πŸ˜‰

in this context, the member did say other things as well, such as abhijeet's words should have been more measured. missed all of that conveniently?πŸ˜‰

in any case, by abusive, i am interpreting it to be the kind of language directed at bappida by abhijeet off-air. sorry if my mind cant get down to the kind of gutter-talk you might be envisioning here. in that context, sure abhijit's comments were less egregious than ID's constant bad behaviorπŸ˜‰ Gotta learn to make differentiations budπŸ˜‰

better luck next time trying to pin stuff on meπŸ˜†

Edited by chatbuster - 16 years ago
chatbuster thumbnail

Well the comparison of ID with Abhijeet was not for this statement about his father - it was for his walkout. I was comparing their behaviors here because CB brought up that issue -

you got that wrong. par for the course?. someone else brought it up. i seconded itπŸ˜‰

yes, I agree the issue was out of context. (As for how 'right' Abhijeet's 'facts' were, I've already shown that in the 45 page thread - won't get into it again)

As for ID's statement about his father playing the saxophone, like many members have noted, he said his father did not receive credit - maybe his version was replaced with another one. Until we know the full story we cannot brand ID a liar.

maybe because his father's version sucked? i mean why would someone leave out his version if it was so good? πŸ˜›

But the comments made by Manohar, where he says that ID's father was not a saxophone player, are false, because someone posted a source showing that he was a saxophone player as well as a clarinet player.

do we know the context in which he said that? it could well mean that ID's father didnt play the sax on that one song unlike what ID claimedπŸ˜‰

But I won't label Manohar a liar either unless I get a source and know the full story and context of his statements.

I prefer to treat everyone equally, regardless of how old they are or how original they are or how popular they are or what their beliefs are.

good, because we've long been in that equal rights era. age no bar. and all of that other nice stuffπŸ˜†

chatbuster thumbnail

I did not say that people do not have anything good tosay, I said that they have very less to say in praise of good work  - I think there is a difference between these two.

Also about people saying good things about Shekar or Aditya, it is not for their good work but for other reasons as you know yourself.

Anyways, it is my point of view and what I've noticed in the forum, tha's all.

disagree. if we take ID as an example, hasnt he gotten more than his fair share of praises, that too for good work on just a couple of movies he scored ages ago? should we keep handing him bouquets for kisna kisna while he is off spouting the latest uncouth verbiage that comes out from his mouth?πŸ˜† we should continue praising that behavior?πŸ˜†