Act of Ismail-must read..!! - Page 8

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by Maya_M

Originally posted by chatbuster

What makes one a legend?

for starters, someone who is like a good fraction of what all of hindi film music is all about. take asha and lata out, and we get close to zilch. hope that answers the questionSmile No. It doesn't. Because on this show and forum anyone from the olden era is considered a legend.

dunno who. certainly not me. firing your shots at the wrong guy?Wink

Anyone who is of olden era? Should people get respect only when they get old? Any young blood is always wrong?

course not. but when has ID been right? Tongue Many times. Since we are talking about this particular incident then it is possible that ID's father was not give his due. What right does this saxophone player has calling ID liar and then he is referred to as a legend by some.

well, ID does have a propensity to exaggerate. forgot his promises not to rest in peace etc? LOL

btw, was he right wit the vada pau comment. with the bold and beautiful comment too?

The point here is not what Manohari Singh said but how he said it. He might be a respected legend but he has no right to call a Music composer of ID's stature liar or such names or for that matter being a legend doesn't give him  right to call anyone any names.

what stature does ID have? i mean a couple of quality songs and not much in terms of quantity. that makes up stature? sure sure, in his mind he has the stature to question a singer like asha on singing. after all, doesnt he do kisna kisna really well? LOL Quality is better than copied from west quantity.Wink A music director selects a singer and assigns a song. So they know better to comment on music. But that is not the issue here. Is it?

it was the issue you had raised. Winksimple fact is that ID hardly has anything to his name. and how on earth would he know what good singing is relative to asha. not like he's done a lot of songs. maybe if he did try to learn from the west, he'd know more?Wink

Why can't ID  question Asha Bhonsale's decision? If he used bad words then that is not right but ridiculing someone just because he questioned someone of Asha ji's stature is not done.

not ridiculing. just discussingWink Are we? We only ridicule but if you say no then ok. Discussing.LOL It is boorish is ID comments on Asha ji but some Manohari ji can call ID any names and still it is OK? Now that is hypocrisy. He is a liar too because he claimed that Husain Durbar never played saxophoneSmile. I think he had some old scores to settle. Wink

i think manoharji would most likely know whether his work was incorrectly attributed. dont know what all that saxophone stuff has to do with it. so what if husain played the sax? question is if he played for that song.

Asha Bhonsale has said and done so many unlegend like things in her time and even now. No one should command respect just because one is old. Bad language at any age is not right.

trueSmile hopefully we are all commenting on their professional lives/ accomplishments. and in that respect, we have ID on one end of the spectrum, and asha on the other. lots of hot air betweenLOL

We are still talking about comments made in professional livesTongue by these legendery singers and musicians. When they get old they are elevated to a pedestal.

not by me. i like to "analyze" them allWink 

One question is bugging me. Why on earth does he call himself Manohari Singh and not Manohar Singh?
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by punjini

One question is bugging me. Why on earth does he call himself Manohari Singh and not Manohar Singh?

Whatever the reason may be, he got his 15 minutes of fame. Tongue

15 Mins of fame + 9 pages so far from this topic .Big smile

The thing is that we dont have an article at the moment detailing what exactly Manohari Singh said about Hussain Darbar. But we know from an authentic article that he says he played the saxophone for "hain duniya usi ki" in the movie Kashmir ki Kali.

Secondly we all saw ID saying on the show that his father played the sax for this song. He also said he never got his due and that ID wanted to take badla for that.

We need to get more details from ID about what he means. Was his father's piece cut out and replaced by MS? Some reporter needs to ask him these questions.

I think he certainly deserves far more than 15 mins of fame. Big smile He has played such beautiful pieces in the most amazing songs of this era. It is a pity that the names of instrumentalists is rarely mentioned in albums.
What an irony - when we give you topic for dotw, you never speak and it lies in one corner of the world and you turn some other topic into a debatable one LOL Let me go through all posts LOL Smile