Act of Ismail-must read..!! - Page 7

Posted: 16 years ago
Originally posted by Maya_M

The thing is that we dont have an article at the moment detailing what exactly Manohari Singh said about Hussain Darbar. But we know from an authentic article that he says he played the saxophone for "hain duniya usi ki" in the movie Kashmir ki Kali.

Secondly we all saw ID saying on the show that his father played the sax for this song. He also said he never got his due and that ID wanted to take badla for that.

We need to get more details from ID about what he means. Was his father's piece cut out and replaced by MS? Some reporter needs to ask him these questions.
Originally posted by Maya_M

Whatever the reason may be, he got his 15 minutes of fame. πŸ˜›

I think he certainly deserves far more than 15 mins of fame. πŸ˜ƒ He has played such beautiful pieces in the most amazing songs of this era. It is a pity that the names of instrumentalists is rarely mentioned in albums.
What an irony - when we give you topic for dotw, you never speak and it lies in one corner of the world and you turn some other topic into a debatable one πŸ˜† Let me go through all posts πŸ˜† 😊
Originally posted by punjini

I think he certainly deserves far more than 15 mins of fame. πŸ˜ƒ He has played such beautiful pieces in the most amazing songs of this era. It is a pity that the names of instrumentalists is rarely mentioned in albums.

That is another sad plight of music industry where none of these people even get royalty when their music/song is played. Another thing ID always says, had he been still a violinist, no body would have known him.

Without going in to credit , no credit lying etc. I think it should be possible to analyze using scientific methods/instruments whether a particular piece was played by an artist if a proven sample already exists.

Originally posted by Anu.Rad

What an irony - when we give you topic for dotw, you never speak and it lies in one corner of the world and you turn some other topic into a debatable one πŸ˜† Let me go through all posts πŸ˜† 😊

Yes anu, is is a joke, but at the same time, it's a pity too.  People have so much to talk about in criticism for every small wrong done, but very less in praise for loads of good work. (I'm speaking general here and not in particular about ID)

Rather than speculating, it is best that the matter be clarified with ID. I see it nothing more than a misunderstanding. We should not jump to wrong thoughts first but give everyone a benefit of the doubt.
Originally posted by chatbuster

would appreciate your not characterizing member's positions based on your limited understanding/ logic. and it is very limitedπŸ˜‰ If you are digging something from the past, provide a context. dont just go making wild statements for the heck of it. When you make personal type statements, you sure do open it up. i have no problem with eitherπŸ˜†

incidentally, nothing contradictory in what i have ever said. i detest his style, or rather lack of it. not the kind of behavior one needs to show-case. not a good role model to kids. do we want to encourage people walking off, throwing tantrums, passing cheap comments? i had that issue earlier with rawal and have more of it with ID. tell me, do you understand the difference between classy ways of showing disagreement and his kind of behavior?πŸ˜‰

Nope. The characterization here is very much within the context, and based on the contradictory positions you have expressed in this very thread. I don't bring up past incidents completely unrelated to the discussion on hand, just because the mentor involved in that incident is being discussed here in a completely different issue. Some people seem to enjoy doing that. It helps them divert and stretch the debate. πŸ˜‰

Want me to expose one of your contradictory positions? Well, it's funny how you say you detest people who throw tantrums and pass cheap comments, but you have no problem with Abhijeet's comments. In fact, in this very thread,  you quote and applaud a member's post (agreeing to every point, mind you) which says walking out is worse than using abusive comments. I suppose ID should have stayed there and abused Khayyam saab rather than walk out on him. Just so long as he abused him without throwing a tantrum. Kyon? πŸ˜‰

Edited by shadyhtown - 16 years ago
Originally posted by joypaul

Yes anu, is is a joke, but at the same time, it's a pity too.  People have so much to talk about in criticism for every small wrong done, but very less in praise for loads of good work. (I'm speaking general here and not in particular about ID)

You can call it an irony or a joke - the fact remains that you can't always have structured debates. Sometimes debates just happen. They are sparked by some news or development. I don't agree that people don't have anything good to say. There are all kinds of people. We even have people drooling over Shekhar or Aditya for reasons best known to them.
Originally posted by chatbuster

Sure. like the vada pau comment for his own gharana member. for the lousy things he occasionally told his own "student" twinkle. for supporting mauli while his own contestants were getting eliminated. sure sure, good mentorπŸ˜†

Yes he made the vada pau comment for his own student, but he was so upset with his singing, because he must have put great efforts in him and that guy just messed it up.  As you yourself said, he speaks without tact, I would call it straight.  Criticising is also a very important aspect of training, in my perspective.

I do not remember that he ever made any lousy statement against Twinkle.  All he said to her was to concentrate on singing rather than other things.

Please get your facts right before stating.  It was Himesh's students who were ousted in favour of Mauli and not Id's.  ID fought for his student when he felt she was wrongly eliminated.