Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: lighthouse

I disagree Qwerts.... How do you explain the confidence, faith, self esteem and determination of 5 yr old who was orphaned, neglected or unwanted child who simply had a tough childhood without dotting parents from day 1?....Parent is generalized. It can be anyone who influences your moral values.. This child probably never was appreciated, hugged or acknowledged in the first place to develop any ego forget super ego....This shortcomings do pop up later in life in some manner... Freud never lied...😊

In fact such kids grow up to be guided by some inner force and turn out to be support for others.. It has to be God through conscience that leads them through trajectory of life and still feel blessed for having a life that may not have happened... Much of our offending values are repressed and we dont have a conscious realization of those.. .So if somebody is talking of that inner voice they need to be sure... its saying the right thing...we use a lot of defence mechanisms to mask unpleasant feelings...

Eggy, very touching post...

Chidanand Rupah Shivo hum, Shivo hum........... I am Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute;I am He, I am He. (Shivo Hum, Shivo, Hum). even gals say that?πŸ˜‰

I am not religious so I apologize if I insult anybody's religious feelings... No intention to do that...😊

lighthouse thumbnail

I would like to mention 2005 case of Ashley Smith in Atlanta held hostage by serial killer who turned himself in after she read to him "Purpose driven life"

Single Mom's Faith, Courage Led to Brian Nichols' Capture

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's front page Monday, March 14, 2005 had a photograph of Ashley Smith with a two-inch headline that ignored political correctness and conventional wisdom and proclaimed, "An Angel Sent From God." And all of Atlanta said, "Amen." In the end, Brian Nichols surrendered peacefully, but not before he terrorized the Metro Atlanta area with a killing spree that started in a Fulton County Courthouse and touched off the largest manhunt in Georgia history. He evaded capture for 26 hours, beating or shooting anyone who got in his way, until he crossed paths with a brave young single-mom with a purpose. Ashley Smith, the 26-year-old hostage who notified police that the Atlanta Courthouse Killer wanted to turn himself in, read to Brian Nichols from "The Purpose Driven Life," shared her personal faith, read with him the Bible and prayed for more than seven hours in her one-bedroom, Duluth, Georgia apartment. Nichols eventually told Smith he believed she was an angel that God sent him to show him the pain he had caused others.

"He said I was his sister and he was my brother in Christ.

Full Story..http://crime.about.com/od/news/a/ashley_smith.htm

Edited by lighthouse - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail

I would like to mention 2005 case of Ashley Smith in Atlanta held hostage by serial killer who turned himself in after she read to him "Purpose driven life"

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution's front page Monday, March 14, 2005 had a photograph of Ashley Smith with a two-inch headline that ignored political correctness and conventional wisdom and proclaimed, "An Angel Sent From God." And all of Atlanta said, "Amen." In the end, Brian Nichols surrendered peacefully, but not before he terrorized the Metro Atlanta area with a killing spree that started in a Fulton County Courthouse and touched off the largest manhunt in Georgia history. He evaded capture for 26 hours, beating or shooting anyone who got in his way, until he crossed paths with a brave young single-mom with a purpose. Ashley Smith, the 26-year-old hostage who notified police that the Atlanta Courthouse Killer wanted to turn himself in, read to Brian Nichols from "The Purpose Driven Life," shared her personal faith, read with him the Bible and prayed for more than seven hours in her one-bedroom, Duluth, Georgia apartment. Nichols eventually told Smith he believed she was an angel that God sent him to show him the pain he had caused others.

"He said I was his sister and he was my brother in Christ.

I dont know what to say?

lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

I dont know what to say?

My point in posting above article was that spiritual and religious texts do bring order and calmness to otherwise muddled up psyche if one is willing to listen... Which is what I think Eggy said and I did 3 pages ago....

Freud and Camus are good to read , but your conscience and inner voice may not connect with it in your deepest and darkest hour to result in a peaceful outcome....  

qwertyesque thumbnail

My point in posting above article was that spiritual and religious texts do bring order and calmness to otherwise muddled up psyche if one is willing to listen... Which is what I think Eggy said and I did 3 pages ago....

Freud and Camus are good to read , but your conscience and inner voice may not connect with it in your deepest and darkest hour to result in a peaceful outcome....  

Why do we need peace when we live in chaos... Cant we blend... seamlessly.. Why do we go in a different direction other than the natural....

The inner voice has probabilities... Sometimes right sometimes wrong.. the sad part of this inner voice is its guided by non-mystical time imprints... which because of lack of our knowledge we call God The truth is here and now... there is nobody to protect me, no one to save me.. I am at peace with that eventuality... The point is its difficult to "fool myself" just cause a large part of the unknown still remains unknown...You are dang lucky to be able to involute  to that belief...😊

lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Why do we need peace when we live in chaos...Pls explain what do you mean here?  Cant we blend...How and as what? seamlessly.. Why do we go in a different direction other than the natural....Seeking peace is natural instinct to me...

The inner voice has probabilities...True... Sometimes right sometimes wrong.. the sad part of this inner voice is its guided by non-mystical time imprints... which because of lack of our knowledge we call God The truth is here and now... there is nobody to protect me, no one to save me.. I am at peace with that eventuality...How do you propose we deal with that situation? The point is its difficult to "fool myself" just cause a large part of the unknown still remains unknown...You are dang lucky to be able to involute  to that belief...😊 As opposed to being psychotic and questioning why why?

chatbuster thumbnail

Originally posted by: reeps

Hello once again,

I have decided to entertain and invest energy here instead of studying.

good choice.😊

πŸ˜†Anywho, I shall not regret, considering the questions are important to me!

So tell me, how important is spirituality and religion to you?

quite important😊 

Do we only go to religion to find peace of mind from all else? Gives us a sense of being protected? we all need that?

to also learn what the greats have had to say about some of the things that really matter when i am not thinking about matter and it's pursuits.😊 such as the meaning of life, existence, prescriptions for leading a good life. given how some of us proclaim that our religion is so much philosophy, cant ignore such a great source for that learning and philosophy, can we? whether someone is an atheist or not.

how do athiests deal with this issue?? They have nobody to fall back on?? CAn we not rely on ourselves??

spirituality and religion are not distinct from us. when we rely on ourselves, i think somewhere we are falling back on that spirituality/ religion within each one of us. some might be doing so more consciously than others.

i've heard ppl talking about "conscience" etc. To me, that's our spirituality. Some would also call that religion. run as much as we want, we cant get away from our spirituality/ religion. that's a universal constant greater than that  cosmological constant imo

Is it lack of confidence? fear of all?? all just seeds put in us by society??? Does society makes us strong or weak individuals? Impediment to growth, esp. with all sorts of stigma that exist in society, and keep us bound to ''acceptable" behavior? or adds spice to life, and enrich us, and are a good tool for our development?πŸ˜ƒ

it's hard to exist in a vacuum. need society and others to put our ideas and personality to a test. if we approach that test well, the result should be a stronger more confident individual, not less. even when we are not conforming to societal expectations. or so i think

Thoughts appreciated!

Persy

u're welcome Persy. again, excellent questions!😊

Edited by chatbuster - 17 years ago
persistence thumbnail
[quote]Why do we need peace when we live in chaos... Cant we blend... seamlessly.. Why do we go in a different direction other than the natural.... [/quote]

ARe you serious? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Our "natural" state is peace, love, happiness, and stability... all this comes out of confusion, and chaos. But it would be nice if we could blend ourselves, then we wouldn't be so scared of chaos, and run away from it.

Persy
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: reeps

[quote]Why do we need peace when we live in chaos... Cant we blend... seamlessly.. Why do we go in a different direction other than the natural.... [/quote]

ARe you serious? πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Our "natural" state is peace, love, happiness, and stability... all this comes out of confusion, and chaos. But it would be nice if we could blend ourselves, then we wouldn't be so scared of chaos, and run away from it.

Persy

No our natural state is not peace... We put effort to acquire it...and all the 4 you stated are not inter-related... Also remember the first 3 terms are even difficult to define....In the universe as well within our physical being there is macroscopic and microscopic chaos with order though...There are votices in our blood stream...for eg..

persistence thumbnail
[quote]No our natural state is not peace... We put effort to acquire it [/quote]

Wanna go the science way? πŸ˜† ... an oscillating pendulum, will keep oscillating until it reaches equilibrium.... an electron emits energy, and goes to lower energy ... natural tendency of these is to go towards stability. And it is effortless to be in that zone.... hence, prefers to stay there.

Chaos, how many of us prefer chaos? Our tendency is to go look for happiness, and effortless life. However, to acquire thse positives, we tend to run into chaos, thinking this is how we can acquire such and such. Like I said, we have to go thru chaos to reach our equilibrium-- so one is subset of the other. Why do natural disasters happen? cause we have upset how everythign works, and after all such happens... it goes back to being peaceful... otherwise, nature would always be 'chaotic'. Like you said, even this chaos has purpose, and order.

Feel like I am blabbering; I will quit. πŸ˜ƒ