Sprituality; Society vs Us?

Posted: 12 years ago

Hello once again,

I have decided to entertain and invest energy here instead of studying.OuchLOLAnywho, I shall not regret, considering the questions are important to me!

So tell me, how important is spirituality and religion to you? Do we only go to religion to find peace of mind from all else? Gives us a sense of being protected? we all need that? how do athiests deal with this issue?? They have nobody to fall back on?? CAn we not rely on ourselves?? Is it lack of confidence? fear of all?? all just seeds put in us by society??? Does society makes us strong or weak individuals? Impediment to growth, esp. with all sorts of stigma that exist in society, and keep us bound to ''acceptable" behavior? or adds spice to life, and enrich us, and are a good tool for our development?Big smile

Thoughts appreciated!

Persy

0 Likes this
Deleted from DM Edited by mermaid_QT - 12 years ago
0 Likes this
Originally posted by reeps

Hello once again,

I have decided to entertain and invest energy here instead of studying.OuchLOLAnywho, I shall not regret, considering the questions are important to me!

So tell me, how important is spirituality and religion to you? Not important to me Do we only go to religion to find peace of mind from all else?No I am an agnosticGives us a sense of being protected? we all need that? how do athiests deal with this issue?? By dealing reality using reason.They have nobody to fall back on?? True. The point is we dont enjoy fooling ourselves..CAn we not rely on ourselves?? Of course you should.... Is it lack of confidence? fear of all?? Somewhat true all just seeds put in us by society??? yup Does society makes us strong or weak individuals? Society doesnt make anything. You make yourselfImpediment to growth, esp. with all sorts of stigma that exist in society, and keep us bound to ''acceptable" behavior? or adds spice to life, and enrich us, and are a good tool for our development?Big smile Even  if God exists he surely dont have a will.. and is as helpless as you are....

Thoughts appreciated!

Persy

0 Likes this
[quote]Even if God exists he surely dont have a will.. and is as helpless as you are.... [/quote]

Why are you so certain that he doens't have a will? LOL ... I assume you believe in free-will then? No desitny? no fate? No big mind leading the game? Or is reality too horrific to believe god is behind it all? Tongue

Just out of curiosity, do you ever come across a time when reason falters? then what? And since you are one, how much value is put on emotions by agnostics? Are emotions and reason seen as complementary? Is reason devoid of emotion?

Persy
0 Likes this

[quote

Even if God exists he surely dont have a will.. and is as helpless as you are.... [/quote

Why are you so certain that he doens't have a will? LOL ...Natual laws dont suggest to me of an existence of a God with a free will. I assume you believe in free-will then? No desitny? no fate? No big mind leading the game? Big mind set a ball rolling but cant micro-control its course.. so all he can say if he sets it wrongly is D'oh Or is reality too horrific to believe god is behind it all? Tongue I cant believe some individual however powerful can control everything....We are trapped in the randomness of our actions with appropriate consequences..according to laws of nature..I am agnostic simply because of the unknown which I havent yet reached to reason...Wink

Just out of curiosity, do you ever come across a time when reason falters? Sure reason is the thinking mind and can go wrong all the time.doesnt mean you flip coins to get the right answer..then what? Reason further... wrong reasons dont mean no reason... thoughts should encompass every aspect of truth..And since you are one, how much value is put on emotions by agnostics? Agnostics dont put value in a God who is made out more to be juggler or a charmer...Are emotions and reason seen as complementary? Reason is divine emotions are incidental...Is reason devoid of emotion? No.. how can rationalists be passionate about their reasons then?Smile

The whole universe is more like in state of disorder but subject to mathematical laws

Persy

Edited by qwertyesque - 12 years ago
0 Likes this
Hum ko   maloom hay jannat ki haqiqat laikin
Dil kay khush rakhnay ko Ghalib ye khayal achaa hay

0 Likes this
Originally posted by qwertyesque

[quote

Even if God exists he surely dont have a will.. and is as helpless as you are.... [/quote

Why are you so certain that he doens't have a will? LOL ...Natual laws dont suggest to me of an existence of a God with a free will. I assume you believe in free-will then? No desitny? no fate? No big mind leading the game? Big mind set a ball rolling but cant micro-control its course.. so all he can say if he sets it wrongly is D'oh Or is reality too horrific to believe god is behind it all? Tongue I cant believe some individual however powerful can control everything....We are trapped in the randomness of our actions with appropriate consequences..according to laws of nature..I am agnostic simply because of the unknown which I havent yet reached to reason...Wink

Just out of curiosity, do you ever come across a time when reason falters? Sure reason is the thinking mind and can go wrong all the time.doesnt mean you flip coins to get the right answer..then what? Reason further... wrong reasons dont mean no reason... thoughts should encompass every aspect of truth..And since you are one, how much value is put on emotions by agnostics? Agnostics dont put value in a God who is made out more to be juggler or a charmer...Are emotions and reason seen as complementary? Reason is divine emotions are incidental...Is reason devoid of emotion? No.. how can rationalists be passionate about their reasons then?Smile

The whole universe is more like in state of disorder but subject to mathematical laws

Persy

when we look at things minutely, we can usually see only the trees and miss the forest. we see randomness but we miss the order amidst all the chaos. pretty much how stock market charts look or the cells in the lungs, or lots of things in nature. sort of hard to believe there is all this order and pattern without some higher purpose behind it all.Smile

0 Likes this
Originally posted by chatbuster

Originally posted by qwertyesque

[quote

Persy

when we look at things minutely, we can usually see only the trees and miss the forest. we see randomness but we miss the order amidst all the chaos. pretty much how stock market charts look or the cells in the lungs, or lots of things in nature. sort of hard to believe there is all this order and pattern without some higher purpose behind it all.Smile

thats the self-orchestrated rules of math and science...there is no purpose but to live and die... there is no greater mystic around that...the inherent order is its stability by shape, form, nature or content...force fields,  there is no conductor in this orchestra.. so me thinks...its no good fooling ourselves but if God is reading this now, he may just about be getting ready to spank me... LOL 

0 Likes this