Debate Mansion

How important is baby in a relationship?

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
In last night's episode Ratna's friend told her that Anand and Pia has a monotonous relationship in the absence of a baby but when they have a baby, he will go back to Pia.

Does a relationship become monotonous after a while and is having a baby the only way to revive it?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

good topic anju!

mostly in the movies and tv shows they show that when a couple have a baby...the guy comes back to the girl...but i dont think thats necessary.

sometimes its realization as well...if the guy realizes he has done wrong and been unfair to his wife, then he will want to come back to his wife whethere they have a child or not.

or in some cases when the baharwali ditches the guy, then he mite think of going back to his gharwali

so, a child can be a big helping hand in reviving a relationship but not always.😊

i hope i made sense!πŸ˜›

Shai thumbnail

I agree but sometimes its more for the baby than wife. It could be something to do with the and responsibility and fatherly feeling . And of course guilt always plays a role....want to do the rite thing for his child.

krazee_gurl thumbnail

Having a baby doesn't always help a relationship  no matter how much the parents wanted that baby. The love between the two parents should be strong in order for the love for the baby to be strong. If the parents don't get along, they will always see eachothers short comings in the child, thus weakening the realationship even more. How come most divorcees have children? if the baby revives the relationship then how come after having 2 children their relation doesn't seen as it was revived twice?

I'm only in highschool, and this is wut i thought about this topic. So forgive me if you disagree.

*Shona* thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

nope krazee_gurl..i dont think age matters in opinions like this...its the opinion that matterπŸ˜›

and i totally agree with you...in my family i've seen that happen..one of the guys had two daughters...one before divorce and one was born right after divorce..but he never came back to his wife...infact he didnt even apologize ONCE to the wife for ruining her and the two girls' life...the lady supported the children all alone.

obviously, this doesnt happen in every case,,,as i said before...a child can be a big element in reviving the relationship but not always!😊

pagpri thumbnail
Having a Baby is a veyr imp part of a relationship...may it be.. any.. husband and wife or a kept... !!!!
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
having a baby is very important ang beautiful thing in a husband-wife relation. But it can not prevent break-up if there is no compatibility, love or trust in the relationship. We see so many couples inspite of having babied get separated and also there are couples who are not blessed with a baby but still live a happy married life for years.

Maybe in some cases husband-wife stay together inspite of situation like Kasshish but then it is mainly for the sake of baby. Now in Kasshish, even if Anand leaves Ratna and comes back to Piya, will their relationship be still like it was before? Never.......maybe Piya will accept Anand back in her life for the sake of her baby but will she be able to forget all what has happened and forgive Anand for that? So staying together just for the sake of the baby will be completely wrong.
anjali.nair thumbnail
Okay I agree that many feel baby is important but does a relationship become monotonous after a while? What else can be done to bring the old charm back in life?
greatmaratha thumbnail
No relationship... which is one in every sense of the word becomes monotonous unless the people in the relationship want it to...  Any relationship to survive needs constant work, almost like in a machinery, which needs oiling to keep it going for ever.  So if the people in the relationship have allowed it to slide so much down that it has become monotouns do not really stand a chance of working it out again unless they pump in that much extra effort. 

That effort cannot certainly be a baby as then the concentrations of the parties move away from themselves, which it should be, to the baby, which will only widen the chasm between them. 

baby, in a healthy relationship, brings families closer....  In the case of relations which have become monotonous, it may just be the catalyst which would widen the gap and make it worse
anjali.nair thumbnail
Originally posted by: greatmaratha

No relationship... which is one in every sense of the word becomes monotonous unless the people in the relationship want it to...  Any relationship to survive needs constant work, almost like in a machinery, which needs oiling to keep it going for ever.  So if the people in the relationship have allowed it to slide so much down that it has become monotouns do not really stand a chance of working it out again unless they pump in that much extra effort. 

That effort cannot certainly be a baby as then the concentrations of the parties move away from themselves, which it should be, to the baby, which will only widen the chasm between them. 

baby, in a healthy relationship, brings families closer....  In the case of relations which have become monotonous, it may just be the catalyst which would widen the gap and make it worse

maratha, your views are brilliant.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ i got my answer😊