Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

Qwerty,

they both tried to invest (Time/ talent or money) in the area where they thought they were expert in. To recognize the right peopl is also an essential part of business. Yes there are always scandals in business and you cannot garranty any person, but the ceo comes to know when the company is on the edge of Bankruptcy, is the height of ignorance of incompetence.

Failure is a stepping stone to success....so its not incompetence....I always admire people who fail but dont give up.....😊 than people who become successful for unknown reasons...

Edited by qwertyesque - 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Swar_Raj

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† He is too strong for that. I do admit that. he can not be made a puppet. That was his major reason for quitting his seat after he won election. So  the party inviting him could be inviting trouble for themself.

So that makes Amitabh Bachchan a strong candidate for Presidency. We don't want rubber stampsπŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: bhilwara

Swar...if Country India ever advertises to recruit the position for President, what do you think they will write as requirement? What are the established general objectives and responsibilities of that full time post?

I asked thtis question in the beginning of this thread. I have read that the candidate should be an Indian above 35 years old. It doesn't say that he or she should be an expertise in social service or shrewd business man. Because a President doesn't run a country, a democratically elected government does.

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Maya_M

I asked thtis question in the beginning of this thread. I have read that the candidate should be an Indian above 35 years old. It doesn't say that he or she should be an expertise in social service or shrewd business man. Because a President doesn't run a country, a democratically elected government does.

So, in other words you want someone above 35 to supervise the housekeeping staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan and play the host to Foreign Delegates.

AB Sr. can play the host real well, that much I know from seeing KBC.

Edited by souro - 17 years ago

Originally posted by: souro

So, in other words you want someone above 35 to supervise the housekeeping staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan and play the host to Foreign Delegates.

That is not something I wantπŸ˜•. As far as I know that is the criteria for becoming a President of India in our constitution.

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

No plans to be President, says Big B

MUMBAI: Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan has dismissed rumours that he would contest the next presidential elections, saying he's "just not interested".

The Samajwadi Party's reported intention to field the Big B as its candidate for presidency has touched the megastar, who, however, minced no words to say he wanted to stay out of politics.

Amitabh said: "I'm deeply humbled and touched by the thought. But I'm not worthy of such a distinguished post of responsibility. Besides no such offer or proposal has come my way yet."

"I've constantly maintained politics is not my cup of tea. That's unlikely to change. There are many other ways of making oneself useful to the country and the society besides politics," he added.

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Thanks Myth. Now Sowmyaa can finally lock this thread.
ani11 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
awwww and i was so looking forward to him being the next president 😭 😭
ritzbitz thumbnail

Originally posted by: mythili_Kiran

No plans to be President, says Big B

Thank God that common sense, which is becoming increasingly uncommon in India prevailed

glam girl thumbnail
well i'll be happy if AB becomes President of India coz atleast he isn't as old as other Indian leaders are and he is a very intelligent man and famous person too i think he is one of those ppl who can make Indians proud of their leadership