Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sneha2002 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: cuteamanboy

I know that but if they can make ramayan thrice why not mahabharat

Completely agreed but if they want to make Ramayan only then they should make it on Valmiki Ramayana 

Sneha2002 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Yes it happened. Sita ji narrated this story to Hanuman ji in Ashok Vatika. Lemme get the story 

Ramji took a kusa grass and aimed it at the crow like a missile. It followed that crow wherever it went for shelter, then Indra too disowned him, he came back to Ramji for protection. Ramji forgave him but that grass missile was enchanted by Bramha mantra so it couldn't be wasted. That crow asked to shoot his right eye with that.

What a cinematic brilliance in yesterday episode... Jayant entry was done through right eye only through which he saw Sita Mata ... Aur ab vahi aankh jaayegi ...Can't wait for today's episode 

In my understanding, people won't accept if anyone follows VR as a lot of people haven't read it and we  see Shri Rama as our God, so it will be very controversial if someone depicts his human sides. That's the main reason why producers are not making Ramayana based on VR completely 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

In my understanding, people won't accept if anyone follows VR as a lot of people haven't read it and we  see Shri Rama as our God, so it will be very controversial if someone depicts his human sides. That's the main reason why producers are not making Ramayana based on VR completely 

I also think that the show isn't based on VR on its entirety. It would lead to controversy. 

Sneha2002 thumbnail

This is a creative liberty, in reality Viraadh failed to serve Kubera in time as he was busy with Rambha, hence he was cursed and he was to be rescued by Shri Ram as told by Kubera. Why to show other muni rishis as creep.

Since he is Narayana, he will give mukti to these cursed people.

Exactly this is the third major creative Liberty they took after Jayant one ... Jayant wanted to test the powers of Ramji and was not eyeing her ... This is the bad ... And How can I forgot Tatka one ... actually she was the one who lusted after Agastya ji and after his repeated warnings she still wanted him then he cursed her ( same like Shurpnakha incident)  unlike what is shown here ...they haven't shown Tatka who was actually lusty but is showing other ones as that of creep... Maximum I can forget Ahalya one because there are actually two versions of it ... And moreover they have shown Siya Mata recognise kak is someother but she will be the one to zid for deer and will not recognize Ravan in the guise of sage  .. in actuality Ramji recognised him ... And Lakshman recognised it was Marich ....but she was very kind hearted that's why she bore the pain when kak was hurting because she thought it was normal crow  

Sneha2002 thumbnail

This is my exact problem with the makers. Har jagah jabardasti ka feminism ghusedna. Why to show the mahan rishis as creep and short tempered, and all the men are creep except fewsmiley21

Exactly and now after all this Siya Mata exile in UttarKand will make all them look double faced .... The One of the Sapt rishi Gautam would be wrong in recognizing whether his wife cheated or not ?? To me this single thing puts all rishis in Bad Light however after Reading VR I realized both of them suffered for mistake by Indra loosing his singhasan for several thousand years and many ghao on his Sharir  and Ahalya for her arrogance of being beautiful and infidelity much more because She was Rishi Gautam patni her betrayal definitely hurt him more and this turn into boon for her because she was able to put all her indriya on hold after chanting Shri Ram ma'am and became Panch Kanya ...but no this thing I always find illogical in later versions and now with this Sita Ma ... There is a saying in SkandPuran that Lord can never kill anybody in front of Mata Lakshmi because she is just too compassionate for her children and that's why Viradh , Ravan were not killed in front of her ... Rukmi was forgiven ... But here they have shown her recognise Jayant and then will show her go for golden deer ... actually many beautiful animals used to come in Panchavati and golden deer was the one most beautiful that's why she wanted it and she also guessed by Ravan talking that he is some not so good Brahman but he is Brahman because he chanted Veda mantra very well and not by his appearance and her 6th sense 

Originally posted by: Sneha2002

Exactly and now after all this Siya Mata exile in UttarKand will make all them look double faced .... The One of the Sapt rishi Gautam would be wrong in recognizing whether his wife cheated or not ?? To me this single thing puts all rishis in Bad Light however after Reading VR I realized both of them suffered for mistake by Indra loosing his singhasan for several thousand years and many ghao on his Sharir  and Ahalya for her arrogance of being beautiful and infidelity much more because She was Rishi Gautam patni her betrayal definitely hurt him more and this turn into boon for her because she was able to put all her indriya on hold after chanting Shri Ram ma'am and became Panch Kanya ...but no this thing I always find illogical in later versions and now with this Sita Ma ... There is a saying in SkandPuran that Lord can never kill anybody in front of Mata Lakshmi because she is just too compassionate for her children and that's why Viradh , Ravan were not killed in front of her ... Rukmi was forgiven ... But here they have shown her recognise Jayant and then will show her go for golden deer ... actually many beautiful animals used to come in Panchavati and golden deer was the one most beautiful that's why she wanted it and she also guessed by Ravan talking that he is some not so good Brahman but he is Brahman because he chanted Veda mantra very well and not by his appearance and her 6th sense 

Is Gautama included in Sapta rishi?

According to my knowledge these are the saptarishis.

1. Kratu
  2. Pulaha
  3. Pulastya
  4. Atri
  5. Angira
  6. Vashishta
  7. Marichi
Sneha2002 thumbnail

Is Gautama included in Sapta rishi?

According to my knowledge these are the saptarishis.

1. Kratu
  2. Pulaha
  3. Pulastya
  4. Atri
  5. Angira
  6. Vashishta
  7. Marichi

Yes he is the saptrishi in this manvantar and along with him Vishwamitra is also there ... Each manvantaran have different saptrishi 

Chemcart_MJ thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

i'm just wondering if some of the serials/cartoons which showed Lord shiva and Hanumanji meeting Ram in his childhood or true or not? I've seen some of them myself and will post one example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7aPX7AYfV0&ab_channel=FunKidsCartoons

Some folks say this true and some say they only met in Ram's exile phase. I think in VR, it's not even mentioned that he wasn't Ram's devotee as people have mentioned and was only sent on behalf of Sugriva to check out Ram's intentions. 

Edited by Chemcart_MJ - 2 months ago

If your question is, does Vālmīki's Rāmāyaṇa include this incident, the answer is no.

Otherwise, why are you looking for "truth" in a story that everyone has retold to make it relatable or palatable to contemporaries? If you don't like an incident, you can pretend it never happened, or tweak it in your fan fiction. If you like it, you can embellish it in your own retelling.

The author(s) of Vālmīki's Rāmāyaṇa tweaked "truth" throughout the text, because it was storytelling, not a historical record.

When Kausalyā had to let her son go into exile, she said that 17 years had passed since his birth (Ayodhyākāṇḍa 17.26), to emphasize Rāma's tender age, but when Sītā described her husband accepting exile, she said that Rāma had been 25 years old (Araṇyakāṇḍa 45.10), in his prime.

Rāvaṇa was introduced as a kidnapper of others' wives (Araṇyakāṇḍa 30.12), but in the scene of Hanumat observing Rāvaṇa's sleeping wives, when the focus shifts from Rāvaṇa's exploits to his high standards, the same women who are described as princesses collected by valour (Sundarakāṇḍa 7.5) suddenly get described as none obtained by heroic force and none who was another's before (Sundarakāṇḍa 7.66).

In mythology, when the mood shifts, the truth shifts.