Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cuteamanboy thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 months ago

shrimad ramayan is missing few important scenes like sita unsure how to tie the garb vashishth asking sita to rule till ram behalf lakshman infuriated and decided to imprison dasharath and kaikeyi dasharath pleading ram to stay for one day and may leave next day

cuteamanboy thumbnail

manthara had got more dialogues then the brothers and sisters of ram sita and two queens 

cuteamanboy thumbnail

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

This actually is a good thought, he might have liked Kekayi more (assuming what is said about them is true), but still honored the hierarchy

Maybe he thought to give 1st half to Kaushalya, then half of remaining half to Sumitra, then half of remaining half to Kekayi and then distribute remaining 1/8th to all his wives. But after giving it to Kekayi he would have that it is getting complicated and also there wasn't much remaining to distribute to others, so decide to avoid the upcoming chaos and gave remaining to Sumitra

yes it is quite possible because it is mentioned dasharath thought something after giving a part to kaikeyi 

he might have thought something like kaikeyi should get all but then thought of other queens came in mind then kaikeyi being most demanding of all and the payas was also less sumitra compassionate nature and wisdom would have urged to give the last part to sumitra 

after all it was shatrughn who was actively running the administration 

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Not needed, yet am adding it

Firstly चान्यपूर्वा means who has never loved/been of someone else. "Second hand" is a very vague and harsh word making of it

Secondly when the Hanuman ji this "सुजातमस्येति हि साधुबुद्धेः ", he thinking it would have been very nice/lucky for Ravana (and not Ram), because that entire context he has been thinking Ravanas wife, and next verse is when he feels bad about even thinking that Seeta could have been "like wives of Ravana"

Thirdly Sarga 7 of Sundar Kand has only 11 verse, this is from Sarga 10 of SundarKand

Mods/VB can remove this post if they want

I don't agree with your speculations, but I wouldn't want to deprive you of freedom to express yourself.

"Secondhand" is neither harsh nor vague; it exactly fits anya-pūrvā, and it would be unreasonable to expect more than one word for this concept when the drabble limit is 100 words.

Hanumat wouldn't have cared what was nice for Rāvaṇa. He was loyal to Rāma. Nevertheless, if you want to disrespect Hanumat by imagining him cheering for Rāvaṇa, that's your freedom.

Since the verse where Hanumat feels slightly troubled - ārta-rūpaḥ, thinking that Sītā must be special, comes before the point where he feels delighted at the sight of Mandodarī, mistaking her for Sītā, obviously, Hanumat isn't yet sure what special quality will distinguish Sītā for him to identify her.

I am following the critical edition of Rāmāyaṇa, and you may be following a different edition.

Chinie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ayodhya Archers

In yesterday's episode it was shown that Ramji loves nature and animals and don't hurt them but  i read in Valmiki Ramayana that he was lured by golden deer and wanted to catch it alive and if not then bring it's skin for Sita

Isn't it contradictory? Was he also into hunting like other kings?

Edited by Chinie - 3 months ago

Originally posted by: Chinie

In yesterday's episode it was shown that Ramji loves nature and animals and don't hurt them but  i read in Valmiki Ramayana that he was lured by golden deer and wanted to catch it alive and if not then bring it's skin for Sita

Isn't it contradictory? Was he also into hunting like other kings?

He was kshyatria, so it was norm for him to be into hunting. Also contrary to popular belief he was non vegetarian. In fact he offered antelope meat in his griha pravesh puja. CVs don't want to take controversial root that's why not showing this part. 

Edited by ananya3129 - 3 months ago

Don't know why they skipped Valmiki part. Before constructing their hut they met Valmiki

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Don't know why they skipped Valmiki part. Before constructing their hut they met Valmiki

Really? I didn't know about this , was this shown in any other version?

Originally posted by: Pete15rogmourey

Really? I didn't know about this , was this shown in any other version?

Yes it was shown both in RS and NDTV Ramayan

Originally posted by: ananya3129

Yes it was shown both in RS and NDTV Ramayan

It was shown in Sagar  Rmayan? It's been 4 years since i watched it so i don't remember about it.....do you remember the episode no in which they meet Valmiki?