Priyanka Chopra Jonas silence on kids getting killed in Gaza

Poll

Priyanka Chopra Jonas UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador silence on kids getting killed in Gaza

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago
#1

Priyanka Chopra is a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador but I haven't heard her say anything on Gaza. I am not expecting her to say anything, but curious on your thoughts on why she is silent.

 Edited: I did find Priyanka Chopra on the list of celebs that are supporting ceasefire https://www.artists4ceasefire.org/

Edited by Petrichor80 - 6 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

89

Views

4861

Users

17

Likes

262

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago
#2

Evil people buy movie tickets also smiley27

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago
#3

Celebs from the filmindustry may speak privately about political issues but doing it openly mostly invites controversy...

However, if she is still UNICEF ambassador, she could and should openly speak about the killing of innocent kids in such incidents we currently have more than one, but only in accordance with what UNICEF's take is.

So, my question, what is the take of organizations made explicitely for the wellfare of children? And what do they do?

Edited by Clochette - 6 months ago
Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago
#4

Originally posted by: Clochette

Celebs from the filmindustry may speak privately about political issues but doing it openly mostly invites controversy...

However, if she is still UNICEF ambassador, she could and should openly speak about the killing of innocent kids in such incidents we currently have more than one, but only in accordance with what UNICEF's take is.

So, my question, what is the take of organizations made explicitely for the wellfare of children? And what do they do?

https://www.unicef.org/press-releases/time-running-out-children-gazaunicef

Edited by Petrichor80 - 6 months ago
Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago
#5

Yes we shouldn’t be expecting much from Celebs but they are in a position of power and this issue is beyond politics. There’s literally a genocide going on and these celebs need to speak up for humanity. 

But priyanka is a selfish woman and I wouldn’t expect anything from her. She only does things that benefit her. 

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago
#6

I don't believe even Sachin Tendulkar and David Beckham have commented on Gaza yet. Both are unicef goodwill ambassador similar to Priyanka Chopra.

Petrichor80 thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 months ago
#7

Originally posted by: Purple5

Yes we shouldn’t be expecting much from Celebs but they are in a position of power and this issue is beyond politics. There’s literally a genocide going on and these celebs need to speak up for humanity. 

But priyanka is a selfish woman and I wouldn’t expect anything from her. She only does things that benefit her. 

With their silence I do question how some of these celebs are UNICEF goodwill ambassador. 

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago
#8

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

I don't believe even Sachin Tendulkar and David Beckham have commented on Gaza yet. Both are unicef goodwill ambassador similar to Priyanka Chopra.


After the whole shubman gill and Sara tendulkar relationship post on IF I went to visit Sara’s instagram and sachin and whole family were in Israel attending a wedding just days before this whole thing started. They might have ties there so they will not speak up. 
Only God can help those poor people and their cause. 

TorinoPasta thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago
#9

Originally posted by: Purple5


After the whole shubman gill and Sara tendulkar relationship post on IF I went to visit Sara’s instagram and sachin and whole family were in Israel attending a wedding just days before this whole thing started. They might have ties there so they will not speak up. 
Only God can help those poor people and their cause. 

Sara has close Jewish frnds from University but then she did not post anything about the 7th Oct carnage either.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 months ago
#10

None of the UNICEF Goodwill Ambassadors have spoken about the killings. UN's own workers have been killed, over 102+ by now. When students getting arrested and doxxed and blacklisted from jobs, can speak up, so can the celebs. Many in Hollywood have spoken about it. Besides India has always stood for Palestine's statehood in the past and recently now voted in UN condemning illegal Israeli settlements in Palestine, so I don't know why even Khans are so wary of speaking up, when SRK had been vocal in the past about this very issue. The only past or present UNICEF ambassador who has spoken about it is Angelina Jolie. 


But we shouldn't expect any celeb to be vocal about it. A very few have ever used their platforms to promote something and stand for something other than themselves. There is also an atmosphere of being cancelled, thrown out of work, called a terrorist if someone so much as empathises with the Gazan lives. High time we stop putting them on pedestals.