Priyanka Chopra Jonas silence on kids getting killed in Gaza - Page 9

Poll

Priyanka Chopra Jonas UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador silence on kids getting killed in Gaza

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 months ago

Speaking up against any wrongs is important because at the very least it makes people aware.  But it’s specially important when there’s an active genocide taking place right in front of our eyes.  It makes people aware and might even give them courage to stand up themselves.  Like I said above, changing the public opinion is the only way politicians will listen.  

You mentioned U.S. vetoing ceasefire resolutions.  Yes the power of veto in U.N. has been one of its most blatantly, and ironically I might add, absurd rules.  It practically makes U.N. a moot entity.  But here we are. At the same time this makes me even more sure that speaking up and threatening politicians with their jobs is the only approach left for any of us.  

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

And I agree, so please, not 'only' voice the own opinion but adress yourself as a citizen of the nation to the government of the nation, to the PM of the nation, to the powerful entities of the nation and tell them what you want them to do...

I ask you, what kind of lobby do the Palestines have? Who are the powerful people who are for a Palestina with all the rights a country as Israel has? Now, after the Hamas crossed the border on the 7th of October to kill hundreds of innocent Israelis? Who are the ones that will support the Hamas, that do support the  Hamas? The same Hamas who use civilians instead of protecting them?

Who will impose on Israel to immediately cease to kill innocent people and go into negotiations with a terror organisation? It is a huge mess, dating from the mess of the Second World War and the more than 2000 year old hatred between two different Peoples.

And it is so, so, so, so sad...I just sit here and cry...and that, too, won't help...

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

And I agree, so please, not 'only' voice the own opinion but adress yourself as a citizen of the nation to the government of the nation, to the PM of the nation, to the powerful entities of the nation and tell them what you want them to do...

OK.  But, what are the odds that leaders of a nation or community will listen to a celebrity?  But they will listen to the public’s voice if it’s strong enough.  

If a celebrity wants to address the PM or president or any other leader that’s fine.  I just don’t consider it a necessity in this context.  

Clochette thumbnail

My thinking is that...when you adress yourself publicly at the leader of the nation ad ask him/her - as a civilian of the nation - to do something in a certain direction, then many get to know your opinion and may join you in adressing themselves equally to the leader of the nation...etc.

When you only voice your opinion, then that's it...it's less focussed on a change, on something to effectively do as when you make a demand to act on what you think of being wrong/right.

For examples, repeated demonstations are a tool to make clear what one wants the government to do...and take media as support because they are tools of documenting what you want... etc.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

That’s fair.  But a celebrity expressing his opinion loudly will still influence the public and can still play a part in directing the public opinion towards change.  

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I ask you, what kind of lobby do the Palestines have? Who are the powerful people who are for a Palestina with all the rights a country as Israel has? Now, after the Hamas crossed the border on the 7th of October to kill hundreds of innocent Israelis? Who are the ones that will support the Hamas, that do support the  Hamas? The same Hamas who use civilians instead of protecting them?

Who will impose on Israel to immediately cease to kill innocent people and go into negotiations with a terror organisation? It is a huge mess, dating from the mess of the Second World War and the more than 2000 year old hatred between two different Peoples.

And it is so, so, so, so sad...I just sit here and cry...and that, too, won't help...

You edited this post so probably while I was replying so I wanted to touch on some things.  

You mentioned lobby and that is a huge problem. No one lobbies for Palestinians.  Not politically anyway.  Meanwhile AIPAC (American Israel Public Affairs Committee) is one of the most powerful lobbies in American politics, so much so that if they don’t support a candidate that candidates odds of winning are extremely low.  This is one of the main reasons American government is so pathetically pro-Israel.  

Hamas was a creation of Israel. The wanted something to counter the very secular PLO and knew that starting something based on religious extremists will automatically put the Palestinian cause in a negative light globally.  Obviously Hamas has lived up to that wish.  But Netanyahu has actually been heard saying in closed meetings that they need to invest into Hamas because that’s the only thing that’s stopping the two states solution.  This has been reported by Israeli papers.  Now the most important thing here, what about West Bank?  There’s no Hamas there and the situation there is a full blown apartheid.  Israel is an apartheid state and has been since its inception in 1948.  It’s just that thanks to social media and TikTok specifically the rest of the world is waking up.  

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Selena didn’t speak about Palestine she did went on weird rant about how she’s mentally disturbed and needed a break from sm when she was rightfully called out for liking posts that promoted hated against the people of Gaza blaming children for their own death. The worst part is when called out on the posts she liked she found a way to make it all about her and herself and even posted her little sisters pic. She’s PATHETIC 

Omg i don't follow her so i didn't know that. Thats pathetic. 

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ohophelia

I don't know. I don't follow stuff about her. This happened to come on my feed couple of days back. 

I don't follow her either. So i didn't know what happened.

Clochette thumbnail

Thank you for replying at exactly that comment...yes, it had been an afterthought and I added these questions because that really enters into the crux, into the crimes, into the absolutely gruesome part of Israel's politics.

And again, it shows how difficult it is for certain powerful nations to act on and how convenient it is for others what happens there.

Do you remember Irak and Saddam Hussein...there is a saying "they sow the wind and reap the whirlwind"...and both are killing innocent people in thousands.

That is politics...it is never for all, it is always for some.

I maintain and agree to you all that only mass demonstrations and questioning the powerful and their motivations could be a tool to move them to negotiate with the money power that Israel owns around the world to make NR-Israelis act in favour of humanity by adressing the powers in their homeland.

There are possibilities to act without violence but simple opinion-Twitter posts won't do the work...and the main-work happens behind the scenes, anyways.

rckRadhe thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail + 5

She's most likely afraid to speak up, and the unlucrative backlash that speaking up can cause.