Karishma Kapoor's name change to Karisma

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 months ago

Growing up I remember her name was always spelled Karishma. Now it's spelled Karisma and apparently she changed the spelling of her name sometime back. Does anyone know why she changed her name and when this occurred?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

People have been misspelling her name 

Her mom named her Karisma 

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Growing up I remember her name was always spelled Karishma. Now it's spelled Karisma and apparently she changed the spelling of her name sometime back. Does anyone know why she changed her name and when this occurred?

Haaa, she copied me.. kind off.

Actually Karisma is her correct pronounciation.  It doesnt have a h.

Like mine is Carisma, pronounced Carizma.

Hence I have a pet hate when idiots who can't read the spelling of my name and keep calling me Charisma or Carishma or Charishma.

She similarly hated this too.

But with her Kapoor name, and spelling of her name Karishma looks better and sounds better.

Edited by carisma2 - 5 months ago
RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I never realized the correct pronunciation was like the word charisma instead of Karishma or Charishma with an h. How strange that her name was being said wrong all these years. Thank you for educating me.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

She always used to say karizma when introducing herself ….

I think the audience assumed it was karishma coz that’s more Hindi and easier …

It’s like how in Telugu Samantha is pronounced “sa-mann-tha” coz it sounds more Indian lol

Edited by pathaka - 5 months ago
Blueberry94 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

What she shared my spelling  too lol i.write karishms but hers always thought is karisma....

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Karisma is not the only one. I had been pronouncing Aamir Khan and Kajol's names wrong for years. I 'm still confused about the correct way to pronounce Deepika Padukone's name. Some call her Dipika.Others Deeeepika. Padukone is a whole different ballgame.Some names are pronounced differently in North and South India. For eg: Ramya, Aarti.

But Karisma can console herself that her name isn't butchered as much as Saoirse Ronan or Timothee Chalamet's.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

I don't think I have even heard Karishma say her own name. I've only heard how the media calls her or at film awards when she is announced or by the public, so they all usually pronounce the H.

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I never realized the correct pronunciation was like the word charisma instead of Karishma or Charishma with an h. How strange that her name was being said wrong all these years. Thank you for educating me.

Actually I think I might have confused you. 

Karishma or Charisma/ Charishma are true spellings if only the h is pronounced. 

Mine doesn't have the h sound, so it should be pronounced Carizma but spelt Carisma. 

She however was named karisma  but bec of the spelling and the original way of sounding and spelling it people called her Karishma. So now shes spelling it to match the pronounciation.

Carisma and Karisma are just modern unofficial variations of the original which are, as I formally mentioned Charisma/Charishma and Karishma. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I hope karishma comes back to movies