Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

Cinemas used to have pakeezah, mother India, Mughal e azam, lagaan, HAHK, DDLJ, Rangeela, Kaun, Satya, Company, dhkmn, Viraasat, dil chahta hai, tere naam, bajrangi bhai jaan etc etc that were not only supreme quality films with immense repeat value but were big hits as well at the boxoffice. 

Tere Naam smiley29 Add Kabir Singh too in ur list of quality cinema.

Jawan is anyday better than those movies (incl HAHK and DDLJ) 

Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani , Raamleela are thrashy too

Jazzkapur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

The substandard and south based cringy masala cinema boomed from early 2010's with mainly Salman' films doing so well that utter craps like Ready, Kick, Bodyguard etc became not just hits but big blockbusters.  

The trend kind of died down in 2017 with TZH, but  emerged once again with Jawan Pathan and even with Gadar 2 where mindless trashes, with an overdose of masala became huge hits and broke records. 

Is this the end of the quality cinema forever for the Bollywood ? Will we never see genuinely great cinema backed with amazing captivating stories again ?  Are the days gone when truly great films like Mother India, Mughal e azam and Pakeezah used to break records at the boxoffice ? 

And now with this once-again trend of worshipping super stars and making their substandard films blockbusters , the Hindi cinema will never churn out truly quality films that could be cherish for many decades ...and will not milk just initial 4-5 weeks at the boxoffice and then be forgotten for good?

i think u r totally forgetting that 'non masala cringe action movies' like Fukrey 3, zara hatke zara bachke, satyaprem ki katha, omg2, Kerela story, kashmir files have also become hit in recent times

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Bhansali's films are never trashy

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Those who are resorting to personal attacks or are getting defensive know very well that their position is weak. They did that in my thread too

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

To some people they could be 

nema123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

रामचंद्र कह गये सिया से,
ऐसा कलजुग आएगा,

हंस चूगेगा दाना दुनका,
हंस चूगेगा दाना दुनका, 

कव्वा मोती खाएगा।।

sulu82 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

well, talking about quality cinema with repeating value, Hera Pheri series, Golmaal Series,and Andaaz Apna Apna are quality cinemas too. 

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Wait for Dunki, if that goes on to be another ATTB and ATG of SRK's then that ends your question

elim thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: mintyblue

Ramleela was thrashiest . BM was a bad movie. 

Padmavat was a borefest 

EruptingVolcano thumbnail

Bhansali and quality cinema in the same breath? Bhai uski film me bhi script hoti hai kya? Bas lavish sets and great costumes and picture done. And if we are considering repeat value as a parameter of quality cinema then 2023 me Ram Leela kaun dekhta hai I wonder.