Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 7 months ago

Originally posted by: EruptingVolcano

Bhansali and quality cinema in the same breath? Bhai uski film me bhi script hoti hai kya? Bas lavish sets and great costumes and picture done. And if we are considering repeat value as a parameter of quality cinema then 2023 me Ram Leela kaun dekhta hai I wonder. 

I think Khamoshi, Guzaarish and Black were his better films that had scripts and soul as well

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9

Aj kal log kitne beywakoof hote heinsmiley19

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

Aj kal log kitne beywakoof hote heinsmiley19

aap se kam😅

PilloWtalk_13 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Participants 0 Thumbnail + 9

Sahi baat.mera nam bhi to beywakoof nehi hain nasmiley42

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

Sahi baat.mera nam bhi to beywakoof nehi hain nasmiley42

naam sey nahi, kaam aur harkaton sey Pata chalta hai

😂 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Cinema, audiences, and tastes are always evolving. 

Personally, I found the trend of Pushpa and KGF being pan-Indian hits problematic due to their hypermasculine, violent nature. But if that is what the audience wants - then I can't argue with that. Besides, I watched Pathan and Jawan, which are riding on the coattails of those films. 

But in the midst of everything, I thought OMG2 and SPKK told some sincere stories very beautifully. They may not have been perfect, but they portrayed different types of quality and entertainment. 

For me, Twilight, the book and the movie series were dumpster fires. I found the writing unimaginative, bland, and childlike and the same followed through in the movies. It ruined the mystery and allure of good vampire stories. And it spawned a bigger dumpster fire in the form of 50 shades. 

But the thing is even though they were not my cup of tea, they were successful franchises because they appealed to massive underserved audiences. To find a niche and serve it successfully is an impressive feat and talent. Even if I hate it, I have to tip my hat to the people who can do those things. 

And no, a spate of films that you don't enjoy or find subpar or crude doesn't mean quality cinema has ended. You're just in a part of the ride you don't care for. But eventually, society will come back to what you enjoy. And honestly, if you look - its still all around. 

Beautyful_Mess thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

Question: Who gets to decide what films are good cinema and what’s trash?? I need to read the rule books please 

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Question: Who gets to decide what films are good cinema and what’s trash?? I need to read the rule books please 

smiley36 some classic ppl here call masala movies crap n those who enjoy were rickshawalas etcetc

now erecting on certain masala movies  smiley37 defending left right n center smiley36

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 7 months ago

Originally posted by: elim

Ramleela was thrashiest . BM was a bad movie. 

Padmavat was a borefest 

Devdas was trash too...smiley36

Originally posted by: Beautyful_Mess

Thankyou for asking the most logical question....smiley20smiley36

My money...my time...I decide which movie is a quality movie.....it is this simple..smiley16smiley14