Is this the end of quality cinema for Bollywood?

Posted: 7 months ago

The substandard and south based cringy masala cinema boomed from early 2010's with mainly Salman' films doing so well that utter craps like Ready, Kick, Bodyguard etc became not just hits but big blockbusters.  

The trend kind of died down in 2017 with TZH, but  emerged once again with Jawan Pathan and even with Gadar 2 where mindless trashes, with an overdose of masala became huge hits and broke records. 

Is this the end of the quality cinema forever for the Bollywood ? Will we never see genuinely great cinema backed with amazing captivating stories again ?  Are the days gone when truly great films like Mother India, Mughal e azam and Pakeezah used to break records at the boxoffice ? 

And now with this once-again trend of worshipping super stars and making their substandard films blockbusters , the Hindi cinema will never churn out truly quality films that could be cherish for many decades ...and will not milk just initial 4-5 weeks at the boxoffice and then be forgotten for good?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Beywakoof

The substandard and south based cringy masala cinema boomed from early 2010's with mainly Salman' films doing so well that utter craps like Ready, Kick, Bodyguard etc became not just hits but big blockbusters.  

The trend kind of died down in 2017 with TZH, but  emerged once again with Jawan Pathan and even with Gadar 2 where mindless trashes, with an overdose of masala became huge hits and broke records. 

Is this the end of the quality cinema forever for the Bollywood ? Will we never see genuinely great cinema backed with amazing captivating stories again ?  Are the days gone when truly great films like Mother India, Mughal e azam and Pakeezah used to break records at the boxoffice ? 

And now with this once-again trend of worshipping super stars and making their substandard films blockbusters , the Hindi cinema will never churn out truly quality films that could be cherish for many decades ...and will not milk just initial 4-5 weeks at the boxoffice and then be forgotten for good?

If hit films are meaningless and people forget them its interesting you still remember Bodyguard/ready 12 years after their release and Kick 9 years after 

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

If hit films are meaningless and people forget them its interesting you still remember Bodyguard/ready 12 years after their release and Kick 9 years after 

This is not called remembering with fondness and rewatching those films. 

It's called recalling some crap movies for a reference. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

This is not called remembering with fondness and rewatching those films. 

It's called recalling some crap movies for a reference. 

I don't see a difference smiley36. An im also glad you mentioned they were all big hits smiley40

Originally posted by: Clochette

Some here have a weird thinking...or just want attention?

The end of quality cinema...no way...

Excuse me, will you refrain from your personal attacks and twisting the things? 

Better if you stick to the subject and not make such  below the belt personal remarks on the members. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Excuse me, will you refrain from your personal attacks and twisting the things? 

Better if you stick to the subject and not make such  below the belt personal remarks on the members. 

Twisting things??? below the belt??? wow!!!

Originally posted by: Clochette

Twisting things??? below the belt??? wow!!!

calling members having weird thinking, 

labellibg them attention seekers

is not a personal attack or below the belt comments for you? 

WOW. 

I observed this ongoing thing with you to instigate other members with such posts in a subtle way and then later on deny your behaviour. 

Anyways I prefer if you ignore my threads and posts from now on, if not you still won't get any reply from my side. 

Bye. 

I don't see a difference smiley36. An im also glad you mentioned they were all big hits smiley40

Of course there is a massive difference even if you choose to put a blind eye, does not matter. 

Hits yes but crap films, also a big yes. 

Edited by Beywakoof - 7 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Of course there is a massive difference even if you choose to put a blind eye, does not matter. 

Hits yes but crap films, also a big yes. 

Its not the end. So many films release. Feel free to enjoy the ones you want 

Its not the end. So many films release. Feel free to enjoy the ones you want 

The question is will they make it big at boxoffice 

or are we RE-STUCK at worshipping human beings like us despite their crappy films