Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

I'm gonna guess you didn't notice the 24% Tomatometer đŸ˜Š

oh I did , that’s normal for most Bollywood actress movies đŸ˜†

HearMeRoar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

oh I did , that’s normal for most Bollywood actress movies đŸ˜†

That's my point. When KJo doesn’t control narrative, Alia is just another Bollywood actress like PC or DP.

Not Meryl Streep or Tabu or Irrfan.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 9 months ago
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

That's my point. When KJo doesn’t control narrative, Alia is just another Bollywood actress like PB or DP.

Not Meryl Streep or Tabu or Irrfan.

I am so pumped that I am heading with a big shovel to dig if Meryl Streep ever screwed up .😆

HearMeRoar thumbnail

I am so pumped that I am heading with a big shovel to dig if Meryl Streep ever screwed up .😆

Of course everyone would have bad performances. Problem is Alia's average performances were touted as the greatest thing since like... well... ever. 

So when people who don't need to kiss KJo's butt review her accurately, it's satisfying. 

Meryl Streep's good performances were actually good, and she gave a few bad ones here and there. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

HW types say believing your own PR is the worst thing you can do to yourself. đŸ˜†

I kinda get the feeling Aloo actually believed she was the best. 

Maybe this reality check will do her good, and she will actually improve in her next Hollywood outing. She's actually not a bad actor overall. Just never had to put actual thought and effort into improving herself because of all the fake praises. It's like a B student thinking he's going to ace it because his mommy thought he was a genius. Maybe the B can get to an A next time.

Edited by HearMeRoar - 9 months ago
pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Oh I have no doubts Aloo absolutely believes she’s the best thing since sliced bread 

Imagine being surrounded by kjo who hyperbolizes every deed of hers “the genius of alia bhatt the actor….aliaa has reached legendary status …my girl has a closeup in an slb and rajamouli film she is the best in the current lot…she’s bacchan…she’s meryl streep” 

And when things in ur personal life also fall into place “magically” one does tend to think of themselves as better than the rest …

Watch her arrogance whenever she’s competing with anyone on kwk, or those talk shows and interviews…or when she has to defend her failures or critisism….she gets all sour when she loses the smallest things and gets all hyper and aggressive …

To me she comes across as someone who can’t accept rejection, failure , or a simple “no”…now most people don’t like failure ..but aliaas problem is she’s delusional enough to think she won’t ever have to face the music…

Edited by pathaka - 9 months ago
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Of course everyone would have bad performances. Problem is Alia's average performances were touted as the greatest thing since like... well... ever. 

So when people who don't need to kiss KJo's butt review her accurately, it's satisfying. 

Meryl Streep's good performances were actually good, and she gave a few bad ones here and there. 

I think Alia was so bad in SOTY that it was the benchmark used to praise her better performances. Even her best performance, which is Raazi imo, is still an okay okay performance. There was nothing extraordinary about it. We all have forgotten about it as well. Even in that movie she was trolled for the mujhe ghar jana hai bit. 

She’s had a good run but I’m tired and done with her. Now Janhvi and Ananya are trying to do the same thing and it’s failing because you can’t fool the audience more than once. 

My bet is the overhyped torch will be passed by Alia onto Suhana. She’s going to be the new variant of this problem 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 9 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

honestly i have not really followed about Meryl Streep episode.

I saw a few films of hers. I was left unimpressed. The actors from that 70 shows are better lol

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She did this film with Roseanne. Who green lights this stuff