Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Not only for alia , international reviews of most Bollywood actress fir Hollywood movies have been mostly terrible ðŸ˜†

I really don’t know why Bollywood actress even want to even work for hollywood movies . Maybe just experience it once 

To label themselves global gigastars. 

Alia only did this sidey role so that she could get on the promotion trail and be on a few talk shows and into some magazines. She got screwed because of the SAG strike. 

Edited by hotchoco - 9 months ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

True,  PC & DP got bad reviews too, but a) this movie doesn't have them and they got their fair share of comments on bad reviews as well,  b) I don't recall that those two calling themselves the definition of talent and  Meryl Streep, and best ACTOR ever or whatever form of that Alia has been pushing. 

If you notice the Indian media is nice to Alia that of the film doesn't do her justice or whatever but INT press where KJo doesn't control the narrative and doesn't care at all about Alia is not. Truth is,  Alia has always been terrible in movies that simply sucked or she doesn't have a well written role, SOTY, Sadak, Brahmastra, Shandaar, etc. She has never risen above a bad or mediocre script and doesn't have that level of talent. 

HearMeRoar thumbnail

rare case, irfan is top notch so is Tabu . I am speaking of more popular actresses , even pc gets terrible reviews ðŸ˜†but we forget that even some Hollywood actresses get terrible reviews 

Problem is Alia was called the best actor, male or female, in entire India. She was called Meryl Streep of India. She wasn't compared to PC or DP. Alia wasn't even called best actress in popular cinema (which also ain't true). Just best actor, male or female, in entire India.

Well, the best actors in entire India would include Irrfan, Tabu, and the like. They were actually praised in international media. Alia was panned. 

PC or DP getting (more DP) bad reviews isn't surprising. PC forgot how to act, and DP was always terrible. Most objective viewers could see Alia was also no more than average, but KJo cronies praised her so much that the current comeuppance seems sweet. 

In terms of talent, emperor has no clothes.

ETA. But fear not, Aloo fans😆. Like SOTY, Sadak, Kalank, and Brahmastra, this performance, too, shall be swept under the rug in a few weeks. 

Edited by HearMeRoar - 9 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: hotchoco

gigastar ? 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: hotchoco

Alia only did this sidey role so that she could get on the promotion trail and be on a few talk shows and into some magazines. She got screwed because of the SAG strike. 

And more importantly - the fact that...she couldn't pull off the role. 

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Critique Crusaders

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

ETA. But fear not, Aloo fans😆. Like SOTY, Sadak, Kalank, and Brahmastra, this performance, too, shall be swept under the rug in a few weeks. 

Oh dont worry, I will always remind them of this. Thinking to add it to my signature as a constant reminder. She was also bad in Rocky Rani too, very generic and one-tone acting. Puttong on a colorful saree with heavy eyeliner does not make you a good actress. Ew. Please. 

IMO the only good performance she had is Udta Punjab and Raazi. Gangu she was average. The rest of her work is as good as melted ice cream. 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 9 months ago
Briaahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: gilmores

True,  PC & DP got bad reviews too, but a) this movie doesn't have them and they got their fair share of comments on bad reviews as well,  b) I don't recall that those two calling themselves the definition of talent and  Meryl Streep, and best ACTOR ever or whatever form of that Alia has been pushing. 

If you notice the Indian media is nice to Alia that of the film doesn't do her justice or whatever but INT press where KJo doesn't control the narrative and doesn't care at all about Alia is not. Truth is,  Alia has always been terrible in movies that simply sucked or she doesn't have a well written role, SOTY, Sadak, Brahmastra, Shandaar, etc. She has never risen above a bad or mediocre script and doesn't have that level of talent. 

honestly i have not really followed about Meryl Streep episode. Who called her Meryl Streep? Did she shout from rooftop that she is the Meryl Streep😆, if she did she deffo needs smack. I don't remember coming a statement from Aloo that she is the best actor. yes she does push, push to get the best, be best, deliver best, but don't recall calling herself a Meryl Streep or best actor of India.  I used to hear Amir calling himself a method actor...does that make him bad? what is wrong with that. Deepika when asked, could anyone have done padmavat, without a blink she says, no. And what is wrong with that? I reckon PC must have, in heat of moment said something, how she pushes and all that,   no harm. ðŸ˜†you gotta have this drive. 

If Indian media is so nice to Alia about her films then there are million haters of her as well. Actually she is one of the most hated and trolled actor out there. media  rave about her  performance or movies ,    but end of the day its the paying audience who have the final say. They paid at the windows, If an actor or actress delivered, they will make noise. they made noise when alia didn't deliver in brahmastra😆they made noise when she delivered in gangubai. 

PC, DP, begum, even Madhuri, Shah, all ...you name it...there were times when they also not risen above a bad scripted role. Its not only alia. Many times I have come across top artists movies, where media😆the  critics came with 'the actor/actress were let down with a poor script, unable to rise above the script'.

we hand pick 4 movies of alia...interesting. ðŸ˜†

well lets pick the movies where she was served with best of scripts, for eg gangubai. Now you have to give her credit that she delivered , what if she butchered it. same goes of many of her other well scripted movies. 

anyways..all good. everyone has their own opinions, likes. ðŸ˜†I just have fun at IF, just go extra mile to rant on alia...not that i think she is some Merly Streep or something..but you know🤣

Edited by Briaahna - 9 months ago
Briaahna thumbnail

Originally posted by: HearMeRoar

Problem is Alia was called the best actor, male or female, in entire India. She was called Meryl Streep of India. She wasn't compared to PC or DP. Alia wasn't even called best actress in popular cinema (which also ain't true). Just best actor, male or female, in entire India.

Well, the best actors in entire India would include Irrfan, Tabu, and the like. They were actually praised in international media. Alia was panned. 

PC or DP getting (more DP) bad reviews isn't surprising. PC forgot how to act, and DP was always terrible. Most objective viewers could see Alia was also no more than average, but KJo cronies praised her so much that the current comeuppance seems sweet. 

In terms of talent, emperor has no clothes.

😆i never thought that media handpick whom they going to write good reviews for. i am indeed learning so much today. ðŸ˜†

ok abh bass karo all...aloo is junk🤣

hey bhagwaan....now i have to take lessons i writing long essays to justify some aloo kjo created. 

nah bhai nah....i am gone!!🤣lage raho

HearMeRoar thumbnail

😆i never thought that media handpick whom they going to write good reviews for. i am indeed learning so much today. ðŸ˜†

ok abh bass karo all...aloo is junk🤣

hey bhagwaan....now i have to take lessons i writing long essays to justify some aloo kjo created. 

nah bhai nah....i am gone!!🤣lage raho

You didn't? Bless your heart then. You're very innocent. ðŸ˜Š

Alia Bhatt was always just slightly above average. Glad there is an admission of it by comparing her to her level. Deepika and Priyanka. 

Re: Streep. Like benami transactions which help political people avoid charges of corruption, benami PR is a thing for actors. Arjun Kapoor started Streep talk, IIRC continued by Alia's family. Best actor ever in India was done by KJo.