Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

The new generation is not interested in making movies?

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 months ago

Bollywood is downtrending so bad. With success of films like Pathaan, TJMM, Brahmastra , Gangubai it’s kind of clear that the only films that are doing good in theatres are larger than life, multi-starers or typical bollywood musicals. But still no one seems interested in making typical bollywood sagas again. The likes of KJo, Aditya Chopra, SLB  who are known for creating immersive cinematic experiences , even they aren’t interested in making formulaic films anymore. They want to enter ott, launch new ott channels or companies but not make films that might require a lot of work, a lot of artists, a lot of planning. Similarly the actors especially female actors seem very less interested in being a part of films that need 1-2 years and lot of input wether mainstream or ott. They would rather do paid promotions, walk the red carpet at some international event or just launch their makeup/fashion brands. But when it’s about doing films, i can’t remember their last blockbuster or even a superhit. Deepika, Katrina, Anushka, If we talk about their last films where they actually performed as promising female leads, most of the films date back to 2005/6-2016. Talking of GenZ the less said the better. The likes of Janvi, Sara, Ananya are not at all crowd pullers and dont know how to act. They can just pose on magazine covers. The max they can do is do an ott release in a year and then encash on it with ads and shoots. And the actors who are in their best age to work in films right now like Varun, Siddharth, Vicky, Yami, Kriti, Kiara they are mostly torn between doing below average theatrical releases or a good ott film. There was a time when I was in college and having 2-3 anticipated films release in the same month meant t to ask of extra pocket money and today when money is not a constraint there are no films. There is no storytelling, no appreciation of the craft. Most actors seem happy in their make believe world of Instagram where they do a few brand promotions, pose in hot outfits and get a bagful of money. What films? What acting? Quite a sad state of affairs! I really miss my trips to the theatres when atleast every movie used to be a one time watch. Now no movie is even that! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Currently everyone just seems to be interested in getting married

Find a nice person u pair well with, marry, live off shaadi photos reception photos fairly tale love story pap appearances and couple goalzz until the next hit comes along 

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

The success of larger-than-life, multi-starrer films and Bollywood musicals doesn't necessarily mean the absence of quality storytelling or appreciation for the craft. These films cater to a specific audience who enjoy the spectacle and grandeur of such productions. Simultaneously, the emergence of OTT platforms has opened up new avenues for creative expression and experimentation, giving filmmakers the opportunity to explore different narratives and formats.

What is sad today is the lack of quality actors/actresses. That point I quite agree with. Gen Z doesn't even have a single mainstream star who is doing well.