Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 months ago

Great choice. Ranveer certainly has the suave, body and acting talent for Don. Can’t see anyone else from the new gen pull it off. High time SRK gets booted, he’s too old for such roles now 

bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

When did don become iconic that we are subjected to not one but two remakes?? 

Gaane toh original banane chord diye... Ab stories bhi sirf puraani wali milengi kya? 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Supari_khala

Chameli cannot remember what she ate for dinner but y’all expect her to remember the date she started disliking Ranveer? Meri life hain ki  Aaakhri adalat ki episode?

Blue Ice is right. I am impressed! But I may have been off by a year. Same difference. 

My first hunch was also Simmba promotions. But the date didn't add up. 😆

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: bips

Gaane toh original banane chord diye... Ab stories bhi sirf puraani wali milengi kya? 

Bold of you to expect a story 😆

atominis thumbnail

Don has been remade many times in regional cinema also and starred top stars like Rajinikanth, Ajith, Prabhas etc.

IDK what fascination people have with it.

Original Don was a big hit and indeed ahead of its times with its background score, feisty female lead, and one of biggest solo hero hits of Amitabh and probably first film for which he got Best actor award.

Salim Javed have written many good and iconic blockbusters but somehow Don remains their most remade film.

Indians seem fascinated with idea  of don, gangster, some international most wanted gangster, kingpin of crime world. Their obsession with blaming everything on Dawood till date also probably adds to remakes of films like Don or making more films on underworld like OUATIM, Shootout series, Satya etc. In real life too I see youth inspired by gangster flicks, copying gangsters or becoming gangsters themselves and thinking vigilantism is cool. We have web series, TV shows on lady dons also nowadays and many female gangsters also in real life.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Amitabh is and will always be Don. 

But I'll wait to see how Ranveer plays him before I judge.

atominis thumbnail

Yeah Ranveer can surprise audience if he wants to. I had felt he was miscast in Bajirao and misfit for Khilji. I was surprised to see him act so well in these films.

But it really depends on directors who he works with. He needs good directors to channelise his energy and let him know where to tone down.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: bips

Is it a remake of the Don 1 ? Is it continuing Don 2 ? 

CottonWorld thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DushtKanya

Honestly, he's the only one amongst the mainstream actors who can pull off at least a little of Don. He does insane voice modulation and has charisma too.

Yep. He's the only one who has shown enough range among his contemporaries so far. Well deserved.

hasini009 thumbnail

ye kya har generation mein ek Don hona zaroori hai kya?😕

Amutabh—>SRK—->Ranveer——->Aryan?😆