Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Thank you for being human. There is no way a 48-year-old woman can look the same way she did when she was 25. Seeing all the people complain about her weight is going to make her insecure and photoshop her pictures. I am glad she is taking care of her weight a little bit, because that is important to remain healthy though. 

That's it age happens,  ppl change. Its good to be healthy and the best years of her life she spent watching everything she eats. 

You remember Nafisa Ali from Major Saab, even with grey hair.. she looked stunning. 

The thing is that in the Industry them mens can hide their age longer,  but on the women it shows quicker which also contributes to why their careers have a shorter life span. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: carisma2

That's it age happens,  ppl change. Its good to be healthy and the best years of her life she spent watching everything she eats. 

You remember Nafisa Ali from Major Saab, even with grey hair.. she looked stunning. 

The thing is that in the Industry them mens can hide their age longer,  but on the women it shows quicker which also contributes to why their careers have a shorter life span. 

Not necessarily Jennifer Anniston is still fit. But she never had kids. Men's shelf line is long due to patriarchy to some extent. Yes, it is a woman's body that goes through a lot more changes. First with having kids and then going through menopause. Although men also get slower metabolisms as they age. Most take care of it through alternate procedures today. For example, Amitabh Bachchan looked visibly aged romancing women half his age in Soorvansham. At that time personal trainers, overnight fat reduction procedures, and antiaging facial treatments were not as accessible. Akshay Kumar and Shahrukh have an easier time hiding their age due to how available these procedures are and they can afford them. 

I honestly do feel some people were expecting Aishwarya to remain frozen at age 30 or so for life. That is not humanly possible. On one hand, they critique her for not losing weight fast enough. The only fastest way which people use in show business is plastic surgery. On the other hand, they blame her for getting insecure about their criticism and using photoshop. She is in a lose-lose situation. She can't win. 

Hardly is there any empathy shown for the fact that the woman is 48? She has had a kid and is more than likely at the exact age when most women go through menopause. She can't possibly lose all the weight overnight. Nor with that be healthy. Give the woman some time at least. I am sure she knows she will have to if she doesn't want to be at risk for cancer or diabetes. And if she would like to continue to get work in the future. Abhishekh has no career in movies. He has side businesses. Amitabh and Jaya are not going to live forever. It will probably be Aish that keeps the legacy going forward. But still, she will never look like she is 30 again. Not humanly possible. I have a feeling fans just can accept she is human and going through the aging process. 

P.S. I also wonder if some fans were only fans until she looked good. They never cared about Aish the person. I am not blaming anyone to be clear. I have just seen some harsh criticism for her lately. 

Edited by Grumpydwarf24 - 1 years ago
carisma2 thumbnail

Not necessarily Jennifer Anniston is still fit. But she never had kids. Men's shelf line is long due to patriarchy to some extent. Yes, it is through a woman's body that goes through a lot more changes. First with having kids and then going through menopause. Although men also get slower metabolisms as they age. Most take care of it through alternate procedures today. For example, Amitabh Bachchan looked visibly aged romancing women half his age in Soorvansham. At that time personal trainers, overnight fat reduction procedures, and antiaging facial treatments were not as accessible. Akshay Kumar and Shahrukh have an easier time hiding their age due to how available these procedures are and they can afford them. 

I honestly do feel some people were expecting Aishwarya to remain frozen at age 30 or so for life. That is not humanly possible. On one hand, they critique her for not losing weight fast enough. The only fastest way which people use in show business is plastic surgery. On the other hand, they blame themselves for getting insecure about their criticism and using photoshop. She is in a lose-lose situation. She can't win. 

Hardly is there any empathy shown for the fact that the woman is 48? She has had a kid and is more than likely at the exact age when most women go through menopause. She can't possibly lose all the weight overnight. Nor with that be healthy. Give the woman some time at least. I am sure she knows she will have to if she doesn't want to be at risk for cancer or diabetes. And if she would like to continue to get work in the future. Abhishekh has no career in movies. He has side businesses. Amitabh and Jaya are not going to live forever. It will probably be Aish that keeps the legacy going forward. But still, she will never look like she is 30 again. Not humanly possible. I have a feeling fans just can accept she is human and going through the aging process. 

P.S. I also wonder if some fans were only fans until she looked good. They never cared about Aish the person. I am not blaming anyone to be clear. I have just seen some harsh criticism for her lately. 

Yes Jenny is fit, though her face is showing it now. quite naturally. 

Yes along side menopause she prolly has blood pressure for all we know, other ailments. 

I think the pressure is on her more than anyone, because of her status as Beautiful woman, and Miss World. So people just want time to stop and her to be frozen - ur right. What's important is that they can stand in a room and still look outstanding. 

She's still holding up - and has shown that she can act and be successful, she wasn't going to be a one time hit wonder after winning the Miss World competition. I think her and PC are doing really well for themselves. Look at the Universes - Lara and Sushmita - Gone practically. 

Grumpy, who do u think is more successful over all - Aishwariya or PC. i don't follow their personal lives much, because they both have done similar things. i was gonna do a poll on it and see what the jantha think. Coz on one hand it looks like Aish on the other it looks like PC. 

I don't know what Akshay is taking - but he is aging, or looking like he's aging more rapidly than the other actors. He looked just so perfect in Airlift, that natural aging look.. suited him so much. 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: carisma2

Yes Jenny is fit, though her face is showing it now. quite naturally. 

Yes along side menopause she prolly has blood pressure for all we know, other ailments. 

I think the pressure is on her more than anyone, because of her status as Beautiful woman, and Miss World. So people just want time to stop and her to be frozen - ur right. What's important is that they can stand in a room and still look outstanding. 

She's still holding up - and has shown that she can act and be successful, she wasn't going to be a one time hit wonder after winning the Miss World competition. I think her and PC are doing really well for themselves. Look at the Universes - Lara and Sushmita - Gone practically. 

Grumpy, who do u think is more successful over all - Aishwariya or PC. i don't follow their personal lives much, because they both have done similar things. i was gonna do a poll on it and see what the jantha think. Coz on one hand it looks like Aish on the other it looks like PC. 

I don't know what Akshay is taking - but he is aging, or looking like he's aging more rapidly than the other actors. He looked just so perfect in Airlift, that natural aging look.. suited him so much. 

Akshay Kumar for what it is worth has a very healthy lifestyle. He was known as a playboy. But it is known he gets up early to work out. He does not drink or smoke. He is very much into fitness. But then again he has a wife to look out for the kids or domestic responsibilities. 

That is very debatable. PC def had more hit films in Bollywood. Aish won two filmfares over PC's one filmfare. But PC has a national award. Aish was getting good roles for the small duration of her time in Hollywood. PC was getting side roles with slightly less importance. But her show Quantico and her PR marriage probably got her more fame and recognition than Aish ever got. Not mention she is getting good roles now. But Aish was a first in this regard. She paved the way for others like PC. She was one of the few beauty queens to make it big in Bollywood after perhaps Zeenat Aman. Once again she paved the way for others like PC. 

Aish's comeback film was a huge success. Yes, it was a South film. But many of the more successful films are South films nowadays. They were the first to make it to the Oscars. So one can argue they have left Bollywood behind. It remains to be seen how Jee Le Zara does. It is PC's comeback in Bollywood. We miss her. But it has not even been shot yet. 

All in all, I would probably argue that PC is more successful. But Aish in her prime was probably the more hyped-up star. Even if her films were not doing well she was important. Once again that was mostly hype due to her beauty. Did it really translate into success? Debatable! 

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Do make a topic. Since I really could not come to a solid answer putting everything into perspective. I am interested in reading what others may think. 

carisma2 thumbnail

Do make a topic. Since I really could not come to a solid answer putting everything into perspective. I am interested in reading what others may think. 

Cool - I'll get on to that . I think that would be a good idea. 

carisma2 thumbnail

Akshay Kumar for what it is worth has a very healthy lifestyle. He was known as playboy. But it is known he gets up early to work out. He does not drink or smoke. He is very much into fitness. But then again he has a wife to look out for the kids or domestic responsibilities. 

That is very debatable. PC def had more hit films in Bollywood. Aish won two filmfares over PC's one filmfare. But PC has a national award. Aish was getting good roles for the small duration of her time in Hollywood. PC was getting side roles with slightly less importance. But her show Quantic and her PR marriage probably got her more fame and recognition than Aish ever got. Not mention she is getting good roles now. But Aish was a first in this regard. She paved the way for others like PC. She was one of the few beauty queens to make it big in Bollywood after perhaps Zeenat Aman. Once again she paved the way for others like PC. 

Aish's comeback film was a huge success. Yes, it was a South film. But many of the more successful films are South films nowadays. They were the first to make it to the Oscars. So one can argue they have left Bollywood behind. It remains to be seen how Jee Le Zara does. It is PC's comeback in Bollywood. We miss her. But it has not even been shot yet. 

All in all, I would probably argue that PC is more successful. But Aish in her prime was probably the more hyped-up star. Even if her films were not doing well she was important. Once again that was mostly hype due to her beauty. Did it really translate into success? Debatable! 

Yeh he does have a healthy life style. He keeos learning new things and implementing it in real life too. Such as this whole building jumping thing. He doesn't drink regularly, but when he cooks that's when he gets really talli. 

Twinkle does manage really well - amongst other things in her own career. Very capable woman. just couldn't act though.. and she can make fun of that herself. 

I totally agree ditto with what you are saying about Aish and PC - I was also thinking along the same lines, hence it makes it hard to over all summarise which one is more successful. Either way in an American audience they charm people no doubt. 

I do think that Aish's beauty gave her success. She's also a brilliant dancer. Her entry dance in her first movie, her kajrare, dola re dola.. all have been tops. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: Raijeera

I don't even check his insta. I don't usually check insta specially kis movie stars ka to aur nahi cos i don't follow them. But after Nita Ambani even i checked of aish and couldn't believe her pics. I think she self edit and post the pics.

She still could be much more but she has stopped working on herself. 

I just got rid of insta lol

Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

I counted. They both have 11 hits films in Bollywood. If you count Bride and Prejudice as a Bollywood film. 

Also, some say PC never became number uno. I would argue she was never really behind Kareena in any measure. The establishment just hyped Kareena up as number one. Runs away before Maroonporche sees this. Kareena had 13 hits.