25 percent of all royalty collection will be shared with Singers

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 months ago

Congratulations to all the singers, Music companies ke monopoly nahi chalega ab👏

it took me 5 minutes to read “the real alka yagnik”

I was like “there alal kaya gnik”🤣

it costed Sonu Nigam his career back in 2013 when he became vocal about royalty and legality of contracts ,  he was still the part of big films like kick , main hoon hero tera , yeh jawani hai dewane and all his songs were made to be dubbed by others due to bann on him by music labels 

Originally posted by Arsalan_khan

it costed Sonu Nigam his career back in 2013 when he became vocal about royalty and legality of contracts ,  he was still the part of big films like kick , main hoon hero tera , yeh jawani hai dewane and all his songs were made to be dubbed by others due to bann on him by music labels 

Im glad singers and film makers have come to a agreement. An that Sonu is no where to be found 

Singers are entitled to 25% royalties from PPL, but will they be sharing the money they charge for shows with labels and songwriters?

Bhushan Kumar’s got a point there to really mess this up for them 😆

Originally posted by Ashley.Tisdale

Singers are entitled to 25% royalties from PPL, but will they be sharing the money they charge for shows with labels and songwriters?

Bhushan Kumar’s got a point there to really mess this up for them 😆

the artists singed by music label already share more than half sum of amount to music label on songs they sings on stage, i guess once neha kakkar said this that concerts are the only revenue singers earn from but then half of amount goes to the label ....it was the part of earlier contract ..i dont know what is it like today ....

They should first start paying them when they sing. Armaan Malik disclosed that they are not paid a penny and are usually told that you anyways earn by singing the song at shows and then send claims to hefty royalties even from that income  if the singer insists on being paid them they dub their song and never give them a chance again. So unfair. No wonder the quality of music from entertainment industry these days is at the rock bottom.

Originally posted by Arsalan_khan

the artists singed by music label already share more than half sum of amount to music label on songs they sings on stage, i guess once neha kakkar said this that concerts are the only revenue singers earn from but then half of amount goes to the label ....it was the part of earlier contract ..i dont know what is it like today ....

The share for mechanical royalties is 50% publisher and 50% songwriter, which usually gets divided further since India has music composers and lyricists. For example: MM Keervani and Pritam would receive 25% whereas Nadeem-Shravan would be entitled to 12.5% each, and Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy would get 8.33% each. Meanwhile since usually there have been only one lyricist they'll get their 25%.

PPL generates revenue from public platforms like broadcasting and stage shows.

T-Series's contracts were illegal for the longest time, which can easily be dismissed in courts now. Also, they have finally joined the IPRS in 2021 after years of evading the system, so its doubtful they can get away with illegal contracts anymore.

Usually singers earned a huge chunk of money from stage shows (before Neha Kakkar's lot), which made them more wealthier than music composers and lyrics. I don't see creators of the actual songs asking for those shares. That would be another ugly battle.

The Copyright Bill officially was amended and passed in the Lok Sabha on 22nd May 2012, and a month later it was officially stamped on 7th June 2012. It still took a good 6-7 years for royalties to start trickling in for songwriters because the music labels refused to give up being crooks. But since songwriters are the creators, there's no way the publisher can even go fight this in court.

My point is, knowing how labels have behaved in the past, and given that singers are not a part of the creation of the tune or the lyrics, they come in much later, it will be interesting to see what people like Bhushan Kumar come up with 😆 After all, they refused to let go of the songwriters' share of income and singers don't hold the kind of ownership the songwriters do.

Originally posted by hasini009

Congratulations to all the singers, Music companies ke monopoly nahi chalega ab👏

it took me 5 minutes to read “the real alka yagnik”

I was like “there alal kaya gnik”🤣

Damn Hasini, why did u betray Sai Pallavi like that? I loved your old dp.😆 That was how I recognized you when I tagged you. Too many hasinis on the list😵

Originally posted by Daebak

Damn Hasini, why did u betray Sai Pallavi like that? I loved your old dp.😆 That was how I recognized you when I tagged you. Too many hasinis on the list😵

DW, I’ll change it to my old DP once I get rid of this newfound  AI obsession. 😆