Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

The gem of 2006 - Dor directed by Nagesh Kukunoor

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Oh, Dor, where do I even begin? This movie is a rollercoaster ride of emotions, and I'm not just talking about the plot. From the picturesque locations of Rajasthan to the soulful music, Dor takes you on a journey that's both heartwarming and heart-wrenching.

The performances by Ayesha Takia and Gul Panag are simply top-notch. They perfectly embody the contrasting personalities of their characters, and their chemistry on screen is as palpable as the desert heat. The supporting cast is equally impressive, adding depth and layers to the story.

But what really sets Dor apart is its quirky take on justice and redemption. It's not your typical revenge drama, where the hero sets out to avenge their loved one's death. Instead, it's a story of two women from different worlds, coming together to make sense of their circumstances and find closure.

For anyone who has missed this movie, the full movie is available on Youtube.

My top 4 movies of 2006:

1. Dor

2. Lage Raho Munnabhai

3. Rang De Basanti

4. Omkara

Yes, I would rank Dor higher than Lage Raho Munnabhaia dn Rnag De Basanti too!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Dor is such an amazing movie.....I think the best one on female friendship.

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Yes, ppl go on and on about Aisha and Veere di wedding but I think Dor is the one which tackles the subject most gracefully!

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Omg i loved that song. Ye honsla

Shirsha thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

There's a movie named Laxmi and Monali Thakur played the lead role there. And it's about child prostitution. You can watch the movie. Monali is a very good singer. But she's also an amazing actress. She depicted the sadness and humiliation of a child prostitute so well! Human trafficking activities are extremely dangerous! And the director is Nagesh Kukunoor. You can watch the movie, Minti. I haven't yet watched Dor. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I just couldn’t finish it, not even half of the movie 😒

I heard the original was better, tight story with no loopholes unlike this one

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: BettyA1

I just couldn’t finish it, not even half of the movie 😒

I heard the original was better, tight story with no loopholes unlike this one

The original movie is more realistic. Gul Panag doesn't rescue or  keep Ayesha Takia with her. Instead Ayesha Takia is kicked out of her husband's conservative household. She's earning her living making sweets and supporting her child without anybody's help. Gul Panag,her husband and child are shown visiting Ayesha and the film ends with the two kids playing together happily. Also Gul Panag is a Muslim woman in the original and Ayesha Takia is a Brahmin widow.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
Little_cupcakes thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 1 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Match Winner Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

The original movie is more realistic. Gul Panag doesn't rescue or  keep Ayesha Takia with her. Instead Ayesha Takia is kicked out of her husband's conservative household. She's earning her living making sweets and supporting her child without anybody's help. Gul Panag,her husband and child are shown visiting Ayesha and the film ends with the two kids playing together happily. Also Gul Panag is a Muslim woman in the original and Ayesha Takia is a Brahmin widow.

perumazhakkaalam?

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I bet performances were better too

Ayesha Takia had one note performance - maybe it improved later in the movie - of repeatedly and meekly adjusting her pallu over her head 😛

(This was done to death by women on TV dramas those days)

The rest were less annoying but that doesn't mean they were great or anything

Witchofthewest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I just love the song yeh honsla . 

The movie was depressing for sure. Can't remeber the whole storyline but it was top notch one of the memorable mentions.