Posted: 12 months ago

So sad. 

The suicide rate for these young Korean singers and actors is insanely high in a country where it's already high.  This is the second this week.  They need to take a deep tough look into these youth training programs and management and the lacking mental health care.

Edited by Talis - 12 months ago

Another one..kpop and South Korea has a big problem with mental health a week ago another Korean actress died.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/11/south-korean-actress-and-model-jung-chae-yul-found-dead-at-26/

I don't know much about Astro but it's unreal how I saw some recommended reels on YT & came across their videos. His smile is .. was so bright. It's sad .. ýou know. How suddenly he has become has been .. was. Looking at his wiki page, I teared up.

All I pray that he's in a better place now. Away from uncertainty & pain, taunts, dreams & drama.

I don't wanna say anything else because that'd be of no use. The fandoms, all of these sick people will write RIP, preach about mental health & go on to bully another person whom they don't like, whom they think a hindrance for who they bias, wishing harm on them. The world is filled with hypocrisy.

May his soul rest in peace.

Originally posted by piya2025

:(

I don't know much about Astro but it's unreal how I saw some recommended reels on YT & came across their videos. His smile is .. was so bright. It's sad .. ýou know. How suddenly he has become has been .. was. Looking at his wiki page, I teared up.

All I pray that he's in a better place now. Away from uncertainty & pain, taunts, dreams & drama.

I don't wanna say anything else because that'd be of no use. The fandoms, all of these sick people will write RIP, preach about mental health & go on to bully another person whom they don't like, whom they think a hindrance for who they bias, wishing harm on them. The world is filled with hypocrisy.

Was he bullied?

Bin With his sister. Imagine what she must be going through :(((

https://youtu.be/yvtT8v_ibms

What is new about it? Japan and South Korea has very high rate of suicide. Main reason could be they don’t follow any religion. 

Edited by Alia4545 - 12 months ago

Originally posted by Alia4545

What is new about it? Japan and South Korea has very high rate of suicide. Main reason could be they don’t follow any religion. 

It's not about religion it's depression..... In last few years Indian actors doing it.... Kushal punjabi, 2 more actors and then vishali thakur, tunisha sharma.... There are lot of Indian tv actors who sucided in the past like the one of Kohinoor show on Sahara tv

Originally posted by BettyA1

Was he bullied?

Bin With his sister. Imagine what she must be going through :(((

https://youtu.be/yvtT8v_ibms

I don't know. I am not into astro. But I read during his last LIVE & in their last concert he seemed pretty depressed.

Idols are generally bullied. Especially, the most un-problematic ones. No matter what they do or say, the anti fans never leaves them alone. They mock, joke, send D-Threats directly by tagging them, shame in every possible way. & if talented & popular, they never have it easy. Especially, in groups, people who biases different members, they are so messy & vindictive.

Jonghyun from SHINee, Suli, Hara all had a similar story to tell.

I read Moonbin family said, it's because of health problem he passed away. They didn't find any suicide note. God knows the truth & I just hope he can find his peace, at least now.

Truth is, those who preaches about mental health already went back to bully another idol whom they dislike. K-pop stans or stans in general are problematic. They can never mind their favourite's business. We live in a society where victim blaming, shielding abusers & antis/abusers playing victim is a norm.