Posted: 1 years ago

I have always wondered acting is a physically strenuous and demanding profession with weird working hours, so how do actors manage?

Especially, how do women actors, dancers etc manage during periods, pregnancy, menopause etc? How do they shoot at outdoor locations or in desert or snow in skimpy and light coloured clothes in periods? How do they manage if they have conditions like PMDD, dysmenorrhea, endometriosis, fibroids, cysts etc? And all physical and mental symptoms? Or tiredness due to anemia and other issues? 

How do they travel so much or shoot odd hours even in periods or if there is no washroom around? And manage to look pretty or smile as if nothing happened? 

Do they not suffer pain or health issues or nutritional deficiency due to all sorts of rigid diets to look slim, young?

How do they manage to look good despite pains of surgeries and how they hide side effects of meds and surgeries gone wrong? 

Is there any article or interviews on it? 

Don't know much about it nor I have seen interviews but they take alot of health supplements and fruits. 

Read somewhere . 

Also they have option to schedule and reschedule . In case of emergencies shoots remain pending and sometimes projects do get shelved if the actor is having serious health issues. 

This thought came to my mind as well but yea we have seen celebrites going through depression and mental stress due to working for long hours and travelling alot . 

They are normal human beings as well so yes they do face challenges as well but somehow they try to cover all of this up so the glam is only visible to us . Only rare celebs come out and discuss their issues with public.

Raveena claims she had her womanly issues shooting the Mohra song tip tip paani

Jaya Bachchan  recently told in an interview with her grand daughter that she had to change pads in bushes while shooing for films and had to put used pads in a plastic bag to garbage it later on.

The same way athletes do. In fact better than athletes. 

Celebrities often have concierge medicine. That means they have doctors on call who they can see without waiting for appointments. Many of these doctors do house calls or have elite private clinics. They have nutritionists and chefs on staff who can prepare balanced meals for any physical need. They can also easily afford most pharmaceutical drugs, even experimental ones. 

Birth control and hormonal treatments can regulate or even skip periods. Olympic athletes take hormones that prevent menstruation during the games. 

I'm more concerned about rural Indian women who don't even have access to menstrual health products. When I played hockey in places like Dhule and Jalgaon - we didn't have access to proper bathrooms where we could bathe. Just toilets to change. 

Also tampons and menstrual cups - game changes. My bleeding was so heavy that staining seemed inevitable. Tampons reduced it significantly. Menstrual cups virtually eliminated leaks and stains. 

I have heard about meds that stops ovulation and consequently period. 

this kind of post always reminds me of Tunisha , wished she would have thought whats the outcome to end her precious iife just for the sake of that fake lover / stress.....i miss her she was soooo cute, she deserved better, to me her passing away was the bigger tragedy than divya bharti , 

Edited by Arsalan_khan - 1 years ago

Do they actually work non stop long hours or just waiting?  

Yeah I wonder about likes of Kushal, Guru Dutt, Nafisa, Tunisha, Kulraj etc who committed suicide. How they handled mental health issues and faced pressure to look good and act normal despite mental trauma or what other pressure they might have faced...

Or how Siddharth probably died due to excessive exertion during workouts and it took a toll on his heart.

Or how many TV actors have actually collapsed on sets or had heart attack due to lack of hygienic food, crazy shooting hours, lack of ventilation.

Or how KK also died of heart attack during concert and there was no good ventilation there.

I remember how Smriti Irani shared she continued to shoot for saas serial even in pregnancy and suffered miscarriage on set and she was bleeding on set and returned to shooting next day despite miscarriage. She also resumed shooting soon after deliveries of her babies too and was not given maternity leave because serial was no.1 and TRPs would decline if she was not seen in episodes.

I have heard Amitabh was also under lot of pressure to resume shooting after Coolie accident and many big films were pending. He worked. But later took break as it took a toll on his health.

He still works despite health issues and it is said he takes lot of energy drinks like Red Bull to feel less tired and less sleepy.

Media glorifies it as dedication and passion but I think it is unfair to tax one's body and mind beyond a limit.

Aftab was a child model earlier and it is said he vomitted after he had to eat too many chocolates for an ad and director was making him do lot of retakes. He was scolded a lot for not giving right expression and and scolded more for puking after eating too many chocolates. Then I realised how unfair it is for child artistes also.

Rural women and ones on streets or homeless ones have it toughest. No privacy at all and no resources for hygiene.

God knows how they handle the pain, risk of infections and other issues.