Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Shahid Kapoor has been around for 20 years!

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

His debut film Ishq Vishk released in 2003. It made quite a sensation.

But in 20 years I believe he has only 4 clean hits: Jab We met, Vivah, Padmavat, and Kabir Singh.

Among the other films, 8 of them were average grossers whereas 17 others were outright flops.

how is he still surviving?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great actor with finely-tuned acting chops.

But what's the secret weapon that has kept him going, despite so many flops?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: mintyblue

But what's the secret weapon that has kept him going, despite so many flops?

Akshay says he survived because he never causes issues, is never late, and has no behavior problems

Maybe same is true for Shahid

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

He’s under-rated. Just an excellent actor,  can do most genres of films successfully & convincingly & DANCES LIKE A GOD DAMN DREAM!!! I wish he was more successful. 

ffkhan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Shahid is one of those few actors who has been sustaining in the industry because of the raw talent that he has. He is an amazing performer, always focuses on his craft and a director's actor. His dancing skill is also top notch and he's quite a charmer. He maintains his look well and aging gracefully. All in all his enthusiasm and optimism is the reason that he belongs to the A-list and literally everyone wants to work with him. It's just Shahid who is way too much choosy regarding scripts that he grabs only a few films every year, sometimes those choices were awful but he never gave up. 

Because of Shahid's unpredictability in the box office performance he ends up being in the safer side every time. Good thing is that now he is being more focused than ever and gave a head start in the OTT. He was incredible in Farzi!

Edited by ffkhan - 1 years ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

He is just so talented. He is versatile and can perform different roles convincingly. Amazing screen presence and quite a charmer as well! 

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

I think shahid would have had more success if he had done more movies and more love stories, I think he tries to experiment and doesn't like compromising for a hit, is choosy, but Bollywood is always unpredictable and the more movies you do, the better films you get.  best example, kareena was focused on Tashan and thought it was the bigger better film with yrf, Akshay, saif, her size zero but jab we met has become the classic.....and kareena remains relevant is because she keeps on doing movies, even when she was pregnant.

Not sure about how mahaan an actor Shahid is, but for some reason his face irritates me, especially his still shots where he winks. 

Looks more of a galli ka chhokra then a hero. 

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

4 clean hits and 8 average grossers is quite decent..could be better but not that bad even..considering he remained a solo lead actor all through and not becoming a second fiddle like abhishek, ritesh etc

He is mad talented and dances really well..

He is definitely quite a successful actor..he could have had more hits but the hits he had were solid hits..like KS made on a budget of 30cr grossed 300cr in India..thats madness!!

Years later..he would only feel satisfied with the kind of career he has had..pretty good and some brave choices and excellent performances..also he never did something where he was cringe or embarrassingly bad..which almost every actor has had..be it HR in MPKDH/MDK..Saif in Humshakals and so many more..kareena in MPKDH/MDK..pure cringefest..he has either been exceptional or decent at worst..never this bad ever!! 

Purple5 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sugar daddy sugar mama? 

just kidding before a shahid fan attacks me 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

And not much to show for 🤷‍♀️ 

Just kidding :)