Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Naag Chaitanya! Recently I watched a few interviews of his & my God!! He’s such a soft-spoken, well-mannered fellow!!! I like him a lot! 

carisma2 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

Thriller Tribe

You always make really good topics, keep it up

Allu Arjun after watching Arya 2 (Arya ek deewana)

After this I started watching his other films. 

I loved Arya2 so much that within the year I watched 30 plus times, and made everyone watch it. 

I love the way this movie was done really cleverly, Arya's dress sense changing with his character. His unpredictable character, Very relatable. 

Lucky for me I missed the first few mins and watched from the beginning  tattoo scene, and I was like what the.. I need to see this and because of this the whole movie was a guessing one if he is good or bad etc. Beautiful movie.  love how the dynamic in the second half changes and then the first part of the movie and everything they had put in the first half tied in really nicely. I found the script was done very cleverly.

I urge everyone to watch this movie. 

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Naag Chaitanya! Recently I watched a few interviews of his & my God!! He’s such a soft-spoken, well-mannered fellow!!! I like him a lot! 

He comes across very sweet. Watched him and his ex-wife Samantha for the first time in Majili. Samantha is obviously the better actor. But he still succeeded in portraying his character's vulnerability. I don't know why our audience love these Devdas characters so much. His father and Samantha were enablers. The FIL was the only person with any sense. But helpless and unable to offer any useful suggestions beyond losing his temper. It must break a father's heart to see his precious daughter waste her life catering to a Devdas's whims.

roni_berna thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

None. I've watched foreign language movies and non-Hindi movies because of the story and if they are popular rather for the actor/actress.

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Mammooty Mohan Lal those days Prithviraj Dulqer, Tovino Thomas these days in Malayalam

Kamalhasan Sridevi Rajanikant those days Surya, Karthi these days Tamil

I especially liked Director K Balachandar movies. He was the one who groomed Kamalhaasan Rajinikant Sridevi Chiranjeevi and a host of other actors in those days. That was the period of transition between Black and white to color films. I didn't know much of Tamil those days but thankfully most of his films were either dubbed or remade into Telugu.

Because of Balachandar Ilayaraja and cinematographer Balu Mahendra I developed fondness for Tamil movies.Can't say the same about current crop of Tamil movies though.

Manirathnam's films were another reason I watched Tamil films.

Some of Sreedevi's best films were K Balachandar and Bharathi Raja and of course Raghavender Rao Ram Gopal Varma.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: aparnauma

Because of Balachandar Ilayaraja and cinematographer Balu Mahendra I developed fondness for Tamil movies.Can't say the same about current crop of Tamil movies though.

Manirathnam's films were another reason I watched Tamil films.

I just checked Balachandar's filmography and was surprized to see that he'd directed Mumtaz's last film Aaina (1977), one of my favorites. It was revolutionary to see Mumtaz asking her mother why they chose to have so many kids when they couldn't feed them.

Could you recommend some good movies of his? Preferably without Rajanikant.

Tamil cinema still makes some nice middleclass slice of life films like Dhanush's Thiruchitrambalam. Or Rhythm if you're willing to go further. But Malayalam cinema makes more of those and aces that category.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I just checked Balachandar's filmography and was surprized to see that he'd directed Mumtaz's last film Aaina (1977), one of my favorites. It was revolutionary to see Mumtaz asking her mother why they chose to have so many kids when they couldn't feed them.

Could you recommend some good movies of his? Preferably without Rajanikant.

Tamil cinema still makes some nice middleclass slice of life films like Dhanush's Thiruchitrambalam. Or Rhythm if you're willing to go further. But Malayalam cinema makes more of those and aces that category.

Guppedu Manasu means Fist sized heart 

Idi katha kaadu means This is not a story. This movie brought Chiranjeevi a lot of recognition as an actor though he played a negative role in this film.

Both are Telugu films which were much ahead of their times 

Rudraveena is also a good movie with Chiranjeevi.

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Dhanush was first

Allu Arjun 

After his i watched many of dulquar salman

Tovino thomas

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

In actresses, nayanthara 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I don't think I have watched foreign language films for actors. Usually, it is for the reviews, word of mouth, and friend recommendations.