Sandeep Reddy Vanga questions Parvathy’s understanding of cinema

Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 2 months ago

He told Siddharth Kannan in an interview, “People don’t understand what glorification means. They expect a lecture from the hero in the climax, where he admits to all his mistakes. They expect the hero to die a dog’s death. Forget regular people, even actors don’t understand this.”

He continued, “There was one Malayalam actor, Parvathy Thirovothu I think her name was. She said in an interview that Joker didn’t glorify killing. When Joker dances on the stairs while a song plays, she didn’t think that was glorification. I was shocked. She’s a very good actor, and if someone like her can feel Joker doesn’t glorify violence but Kabir Singh does, then what can we expect of the general public.”

In a 2019 roundtable interview with Film Companion, Parvathy had said, “Arjun Reddy or Kabir Singh both had the visual grammar of glorification, Joker did not. At no point did I feel at the character Joaquin (Phoenix) played (and think) ‘Arre yaar, I totally agree with you. You must kill everyone’.” Arjun Reddy actor Vijay Deverakonda was also present at that roundtable, as he was when his Liger co-star Ananya Panday criticised the film’s gender politics on Koffee with Karan.

https://twitter.com/DearthOfSid/status/1755512528581660975

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Joker - Wow kya pichchar hai. Next level. Oscar dedo 

Animal - Chhi toxic 

Typical Indian burger critic behavior smiley32

****Spoiler Alert*****

Bh$$$$$d poore pichchar mein Joker ke liye sympathy create hota hai right till the climax. Woh jis anchor ko shoot kartay usku bhi haraami dikhaya to justify the killing. Also uska colleague jisko maartay, usku bhi bad light mein dikhayelaay. Multiple scenes jahan pe Joker swag se chaltay with upbeat background music. Car pe chadhke hero maafik dikhayelaay. And so on.

Chhodo yaar inke dil mein Vanga ke liye nafrat hai toh kuchh bolke fayda nahin.

PS: I loved the Joker movie smiley20

Edited by Saleem-Pheku - 2 months ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail

Give it a rest, Vangha ! You gave a blockbuster. Call it a day. 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

At least he is very respectful and polite towards her, unlike how he was towards ‘that tyagi girl’ and ‘ a superstar’s second ex-wife’.

If Parvathy has a right to comment on his movie, he has every right to comment on her comments too as long as both the parties keep it civil and respectful. 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Originally posted by: Grumpydwarf24

Give it a rest, Vangha ! You gave a blockbuster. Call it a day. 

It was 1 interview which went viral like crazy. Now people are making headlines out of that 1 interview making it seem like Vanga is at the interviews 24/7. 🤣

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I also question it 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

It was 1 interview which went viral like crazy. Now people are making headlines out of that 1 interview making it seem like Vanga is at the interviews 24/7. 🤣

So form one YouTube video all these same articles are coming ? I think I saw a link it’s like 2 hours smiley36 that’s too long. 

1t1svat1t1s thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

So form one YouTube video all these same articles are coming ? I think I saw a link it’s like 2 hours smiley36 that’s too long. 

Indeed it was a pretty long interview. But it’s hilarious how the folks are so obsessed with what he says that they are going around making headlines after headlines of that one interview and somehow he is the one who needs to stop. 😆

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1t1svat1t1s

Indeed it was a pretty long interview. But it’s hilarious how the folks are so obsessed with what he says that they are going around making headlines after headlines of that one interview and somehow he is the one who needs to stop. 😆

That’s how it usually is. smiley36 Someone gives an interview and slowly different people write articles about various parts. An people think it’s new statements everyday 

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Amen. I thought it was Vanga overreacting as usual, but she is just saying dumb shit. smiley36