Dhruv Tara - Samay Sadi se Pare

Analysis on the First Week

Nush_Rat thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Hello there good people! 😎

Those who know me are aware of how much I love to write πŸ˜› and not so surprisingly, I had been dying to pen down my thoughts regarding this show. Now that the first week is over, I guess it's safe to do some BAKWAS. πŸ€ͺ

For starters, I am really glad how they have handled the time travelling issue. πŸ‘πŸΌ Ever since the promos were out, many of us shared our concern regarding the absurdity as to when they had a time travelling device, why did Tara need to cross the barrier of time in search of a doctor?

With the mystery around the cursed forest and how both Tara and her mother stepped foot on the device accidentally - at least it's somewhat believable. πŸ‘πŸΌ

I would personally love to know more about the cursed forest in the future. 

Secondly, I loved the fact that Tara, her brother, and their mother - all three have been shown as broad-minded people who believe in science. The special touch of Tara being a practitioner of Ayurveda while the queen having knowledge of Unani medicine had all my heart. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I believe this is one aspect that sets Tara apart from traditional princesses portrayed on ITV.

Also, I am really glad that instead of portraying Tara as a damsel in distress, they showed her wit and skill as a decent worrier princess as she didn't just save herself from the goons but also injured them effectively.

And thirdly, I simply loved the dynamic between Tara, her brother, and Ansuiya. Adding to that, I'm relieved that the king hasn't been portrayed as a complete idiot who is solely dependent on his general. He is strict for good reasons and can't really blame him for the marriage proposal since that must have been the norm back then. Considering his affection toward both his kids, I'm sure he must have been a doting father in the queen's absence. 

Last but not least - the humor of the show. πŸ€£ πŸ€£ πŸ€£ I was laughing my a** off during Episode 5 when Tara and Dhruv interacted for the first time.

Now, coming to the negative aspects in my opinion...

I feel both the timeline should have been shown in parallel. For the first couple of episodes, Dhruv was completely out of the picture and then when they showed him rushing to save a patient, it almost felt like I had changed the channel by mistake and watched a clip from a different show. There was no coherence and it looked quite forced rather than highlighting his sincerity. πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

Tara and her brother are one amazing duo and Krishna Bharadwaj is a hell of a performer. I wish we got to see more of their bonding which could shed light on both of their characteristics. πŸ€”

Just like the first few episodes heavily relied on Tara's timeline, it has drastically shifted to Dhruv's timeline now and I can only hope in the future when Dhruv will finally believe Tara, they strike some balance because I don't know how would it benefit the prince considering in the 17th century there's no electricity or other essentials that Dhruv would need to treat him.

NGL, I tuned in to this show for Ishhan as I loved him in Gud Se Meetha Ishq. β€οΈ β€οΈ β€οΈ  However, it's saddening that all of my issues are from Dhruv's storyline this time. 😭

What they showed today was only a reflection of how a regular professional suffers at the hand of the powerful. But the way they tried to turn it into something comic in the last night's episode with his father's dialogues - simply infuriated me. 😑

Coming to his brother Jay and the girl wearing a mangalsutra, I hope I'm wrong but I am kind of getting a Ghum Hain Kisike Pyaar Mein vibe from this trio as it seemed like there was some history between her and Dhruv. 🀒

I wish I could blame it entirely on the toxic traits of ITV but unfortunately, I know someone whose father sacrificed his entire savings on her education so that she becomes a doctor and it created a great deal of conflict in the family as her brother felt wronged by their parents. I simply hated how Jay treated Dhruv. Even if for a second I try to understand his perspective, his happiness at Dhruv's apparent failure boiled my blood. πŸ˜‘ I really hope at some point Dhruv gives it back to him and shuts his stupid mouth. 🀬

So far the only saving grace from Dhruv's side to me was how quick-witted he is and how he integrates his knowledge with his smartness. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Did not like his mother at all and his aunt kind of irritated me with her extra sweetness and weird demand. πŸ₯±

Overall, I felt the show is good enough. Now it's on the makers how they deal with it later. For now, Tara is a complete package for me with the accompanying humor but Dhruv is a turn-off. πŸ€” I really hope that changes because I hope Ishhan gets his due through this show irrespective of anything else. 😊

Edited by Nush_Rat - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MochaQueen thumbnail

I love your reviews. Please do give us episodic reviews whenever possible.😳

Its very difficult to find WUs for this show onlineπŸ˜”

Nush_Rat thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: la_Reine

I love your reviews. Please do give us episodic reviews whenever possible.😳

Its very difficult to find WUs for this show onlineπŸ˜”

That's really sweet of you dear. πŸ˜³ Thank you so much! πŸ€—

Given my current schedule, I don't think I'll be watching the show regularly. πŸ€” However, I'll definitely try to post weekly reviews. πŸ‘πŸΌ

aekiel thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 6

I only watched episode 5, so a few questions, if anybody would be kind enough to answer

1) Is Tara's mother from the present? There was some sign of advanced scientific stuff painted on a paper that Tara remembered in episode 5

2) The elder brother is Dhruv's cousin or own brother? Has Dhruv's father been shown so far (I'm assuming the bespectacled chap is his uncle?)

Nush_Rat thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aekiel

I only watched episode 5, so a few questions, if anybody would be kind enough to answer

1) Is Tara's mother from the present? There was some sign of advanced scientific stuff painted on a paper that Tara remembered in episode 5

2) The elder brother is Dhruv's cousin or own brother? Has Dhruv's father been shown so far (I'm assuming the bespectacled chap is his uncle?)

Hello!

1) Tara's mother is from the 17th century only. But one night when she was returning from her parents' home to the castle, on her way a terrible storm ensued and unknowingly she stepped on the time machine. So she has seen the advancement and is aware about modern medicine. But how did she return - it wasn't revealed. Before she could tell Tara anything, the general arrested her on the King's order. I assume, due to her prolonged absence the King thought the Queen was having an affair or something like that and ostracized her.

2) Not sure about Jay. Although it does seem like he's Dhruv's cousin. Not sure whether the spectacled guy was Dhruv's father or uncle. 

aekiel thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nush_Rat

Hello!

1) Tara's mother is from the 17th century only. But one night when she was returning from her parents' home to the castle, on her way a terrible storm ensued and unknowingly she stepped on the time machine. So she has seen the advancement and is aware about modern medicine. But how did she return - it wasn't revealed. Before she could tell Tara anything, the general arrested her on the King's order. I assume, due to her prolonged absence the King thought the Queen was having an affair or something like that and ostracized her.

2) Not sure about Jay. Although it does seem like he's Dhruv's cousin. Not sure whether the spectacled guy was Dhruv's father or uncle. 

Hello to you too πŸ˜Š

@ bold-That's what I thought first too, but the taiji (who would be his mother) seems fond enough and cares for Dhruv, which would generally not be the case in such ITV shows. Of course, my observations are based out of skimming through a single episode- could be wrong too.

Edited by aekiel - 1 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nush_Rat

That's really sweet of you dear. πŸ˜³ Thank you so much! πŸ€—

Given my current schedule, I don't think I'll be watching the show regularly. πŸ€” However, I'll definitely try to post weekly reviews. πŸ‘πŸΌ

No worries❀️

PangaNaLe thumbnail
Own Your Stories Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Dhruv's brother Jay didn't even care when the goon was about to kill him thinking he couldn't save his father. He was actually happy and smiling. Having a strained relationship with your brother is one thing. But what did Dhruv do to his brother to hate him so much that he doesn't even care about his life? 

And considering Dhruv doesn't give it back to Jay whenever he insults him, is it just his niceness or did he actually do something bad to his brother in the past for which he stills feels guilty? Jay's character seems to be a typical villain right now. If he's supposed to be grey shaded or have layers then makers ruined his character in the start itself by not making him care at all about Dhruv's life. 

aekiel thumbnail

So, the bhabhi (Ayesha) is essentially someone whom Dhruv was very good friends with since school/college.

She loved him, and it seems Dhruv did too, but at the same time, this Jai proposed to her, and so Dhruv turned her down, and promised that he wouldn't marry anyone else either.

So, it looks like Ayesha married Jai, but still harbours feelings for Dhruv and so keeps an eye on him.

its-alexandrite thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

This content was originally posted by: aekiel

So, the bhabhi (Ayesha) is essentially someone whom Dhruv was very good friends with since school/college.

She loved him, and it seems Dhruv did too, but at the same time, this Jai proposed to her, and so Dhruv turned her down, and promised that he wouldn't marry anyone else either.

So, it looks like Ayesha married Jai, but still harbours feelings for Dhruv and so keeps an eye on him.

well, like someone said here, its in the ghum way🀣tumhari zindagi mein kisiko aane nahi doongi🀣