Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nostalgia-02 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: infinity101

He is okay looking but that’s not important. There are some pairings that just don’t work onscreen and him with DP is one of them. 

Okay got it. 😆

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don’t know but any kind of movie which tries to justify infidelity in any way, even by getting into the psyche of characters or showing their side stories, like how this one tried to induce some sympathy for them by showing Deepika’s family problems and the trauma she had to go through after losing her mother, misunderstanding her dad, all of that still didn’t explain why she behaved like a douchebag by cheating on her own cousin with her fiancé. I failed to connect to any of them or their adversities. Such movies generally leave a sour taste in my mouth. They used heavy words like “complex human emotions” while promoting this crapfest but there was nothing substantial about it. In the end Alisha turned out to be a backstabbing biatch like her cheater mother. 

Cheating and EMA have to be handled very carefully. The audience should sympathize with the cheater. The writing totally failed here. The characters,the atmosphere,setting and the treatment was wholly western. The audience has scant sympathy for the urban yuppies or super-rich unless there is an emotional quotient -which is sadly missing here. As I mentioned in another post making Deepika fear for her life by making her partner physically abuse her or be a psychotic would have raised more sympathy. Or he could be bed-ridden and/or impotent and emotionally abusive.These are scenarios that have been done countless times before successfully.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Cheating and EMA have to be handled very carefully. The audience should sympathize with the cheater. The writing totally failed here. The characters,the atmosphere,setting and the treatment was wholly western. The audience has scant sympathy for the urban yuppies or super-rich unless there is an emotional quotient -which is sadly missing here. As I mentioned in another post making Deepika fear for her life by making her partner physically abuse her or be a psychotic would have raised more sympathy. Or he could be bed-ridden and/or impotent and emotionally abusive.These are scenarios that have been done countless times before successfully.

But that’s the thing. People cheat for various reasons. Here Deepika’s partner wasn’t bad and I actually sympathised with him that she was doing all that behind his back and even left him hanging without any explanation. May be she just couldn’t connect or relate to him anymore. Hers was a grey shaded character hence they didn’t need to show her cheating because she was facing abuse in her relationship or something else like that. Yes things like adultery should be handled carefully in movies because in my mind most of the people are not okay with it and understandably so. Here the characters lacked any depth, heck both of them never even showed any remorse for what they were doing. Absolutely badly written and poor dialogues with the eff word added every now and then. 

capricornrcks thumbnail

Yes, I was feeling pretty bad for Deepika's partner too. He'd have been so much better off without her in his life. Shakun Batra made the same mistake which Karan did with SRK/Rani in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. Trying to be sophisticated and different by deliberately not making the cheater sympathetic as had been previously done by other film makers. You can make your protagonist do awful things and be a sorry excuse of a human being. But it is 100% the director's job to make the characters relatable. The audience should care whether she survives and thrives.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: capricornrcks

Yes, I was feeling pretty bad for Deepika's partner too. He'd have been so much better off without her in his life. Shakun Batra made the same mistake which Karan did with SRK/Rani in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. Trying to be sophisticated and different by deliberately not making the cheater sympathetic as had been previously done by other film makers. You can make your protagonist do awful things and be a sorry excuse of a human being. But it is 100% the director's job to make the characters relatable. The audience should care whether she survives and thrives.

I read this post again and I think you are talking about Siddhant’s character and I was talking about Deepika’s boyfriend whom she cheated on with Sid 😆 I got confused 😆

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: you2

I am wondering how many eyeballs Farzi is getting..A hit OTT show or film can give instant worldwide stardom.Look at some of the Korean stars..Cast of the bridgertons..

Pathaan has crossed 3 crore footfalls..that is 30 million eyeballs.

Gehraiyaan..got 22 million eyeballs.DP looked amazing and hot..that helped too.

I believe that Chapaak,Gehraiyaan,Padmavati.(She hasn't done any stupid films..you know the ones that get an average of 2 stars rating) got her a place on Cannes Jury..and the theme of her Chapaak,Geghraiyaan resonated with her work on Mental health and her philanthropist image(got her a place on Time list for the second time) .Those big international brands bought into it..how ever hard her detractors may protest. 

By the time other actresses start doing big event films like DP is doing now-she will move  on to other things, which rest will chase.

Focus,Focus on your goals..Impress only the ones who will give you your next BIG break( Advice for the stars)

Maybe you should focus on Animal-That has potential.Except Hirani-who is too big for RK to ruin, he has ruined all his directos.Luv may not survive.We don't want Vanga to become another Abhinav Kashyap.

You can’t digest anything without inserting RK in your comments 😆 Rahi baat aap ki deepika ki , she is exactly doing what begum was doing , sign big movies with big actors 😆guaranteed BB . And she knows her heroine oriented movies nahi chalegi and who know no offers are coming as well 😆especially after chapaak 

capricornrcks thumbnail

I read this post again and I think you are talking about Siddhant’s character and I was talking about Deepika’s boyfriend whom she cheated on with Sid 😆 I got confused 😆

No. I was actually talking about Deepika's boyfriend who didn't deserve to be cheated on, no matter what his other faults were.

Cpt.DudleySmith thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3

The movie was like an aesthetic fart.