Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

I’ll take Shahrukh over Big B anyway. 

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

Before anybody jumps into conclusions the context is 

SRK passed the test of come back after a break as a lead actor rather than doing character/secondary roles like AB Sr and Dilip Sahab did after their respective breaks.

You are welcome.

loginidran thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Well, there was no VFX in that era. But they didn’t do ‘secondary’ roles ever.

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Lets be real....Dilip Kumar and AB Sr will always be much bigger than what any of the 3 Khans can ever be....in acting or stardom...

blue-ice.1 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: tomnjerry2

Before anybody jumps into conclusions the context is 

SRK passed the test of come back after a break as a lead actor rather than doing character/secondary roles like AB Sr and Dilip Sahab did after their respective breaks.

You are welcome.

Trust me on this....any movie with Dilip Kr and AB Sr will always make all others look secondary...😆

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: loginidran

Well, there was no VFX in that era. But they didn’t do ‘secondary’ roles ever.

Secondary role means not the lead role. And yes they did movies where they were not the heroes. Dilip Sahab did some prominent roles and so did AB sr but they were not lead as was SRK in Pathaan that's what the article wanted to convey. 

VFX is part of today's movie world so there shouldn't be any shame using it. 

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

BOI needs to stop this bullshit NOW!

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

Trust me on this....any movie with Dilip Kr and AB Sr will always make all others look secondary...😆

SRK was better both in Mohabbatein and K3G. May be not everyone will agree but it is what it is. 

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

There is a big difference between the 3 breaks...and the re-entering. If one want to analyse that, it would need another kind of essay, I think.

I suppose that SRK would have come with Pathaan much earlier...the movie was conceptualized in 2019 but neither pre-production nor shootings were possible at that time because of Covid/lockdowns.

It was only in the second half of 2020 when cast and crew had been finalized, the preproduction had started and the first shooting schedule could start in November.

2021 saw breaks in the shooting schedules because of Covid/lockdown again and just before the schedule in Spain, Aryan was arrested (which resulted in a break until March 2022). Reshootings + additional ones + postproduction started in the second half of 2022.

Without the pandemic and the framing of Aryan, I assume that Pathaan would have released in January 2021 (and THAT gap I won't even call a "break").

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago