Does anyone remember MasterChef Season 5?

Andakadipatta thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

The year Kirti won the show? It was one of my most favorite seasons of MasterChef India so far and so wholesome. I wasn't that happy with the winner and runner up but as a show, it was that one rare season where Star Plus did absolutely no drama at all, all the contestants were so good and had so much of understanding and tuning with each other. Everyone was there to innovate and bring something new to the table. I remember they had a bigger budget as well. They did two whole weeks or something in Vietnam where they had to cook with their local produce from the farmer's market and they also had the semi final in Australia. That was the only season where we had a crossover with MC Australis as Matt Preston came in as a guest judge. Lots of good people in that season...I still remember Anagha, Jatin, Sadaf, Mirwan, Kirti, Samantha, Shipra and many more. 

It's very rare to get such a wholesome group of contestants like we usually see in MasterChef Australia. I still follow a lot of them and it's heartening how well all of them are doing in their profession and the fact that the contestants still keep in touch and attend the opening of each other's cafes.

I used to absolutely LOVE Anagha and the way she would infuse traditional Marathi good and make it gourmet. That was also the only year I think they allowed NRI's to participate. Both Anagha and Dinesh were NRIs from US and London as far as I remember.

Edited by MommaMomma - 1 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

Oh yes I remember! 

It was such a long time ago, my memory's blurry but Matt Preston I recall clearly.

Season 6 was the one with lots of drama right? They were doing some sort of creepy swayamvar for Vikas ðŸ¤£

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I remember that season.

They had an NRI in season 4 (I think) - Nikita Gandhi (the winner) was from Abu Dhabi.

I think as long as a person can work legally in India (OCI holders and work visa holders) can participate with no problem 

Raina101 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MommaMomma

The year Kirti won the show? It was one of my most favorite seasons of MasterChef India so far and so wholesome. I wasn't that happy with the winner and runner up but as a show, it was that one rare season where Star Plus did absolutely no drama at all, all the contestants were so good and had so much of understanding and tuning with each other. Everyone was there to innovate and bring something new to the table. I remember they had a bigger budget as well. They did two whole weeks or something in Vietnam where they had to cook with their local produce from the farmer's market and they also had the semi final in Australia. That was the only season where we had a crossover with MC Australis as Matt Preston came in as a guest judge. Lots of good people in that season...I still remember Anagha, Jatin, Sadaf, Mirwan, Kirti, Samantha, Shipra and many more. 

It's very rare to get such a wholesome group of contestants like we usually see in MasterChef Australia. I still follow a lot of them and it's heartening how well all of them are doing in their profession and the fact that the contestants still keep in touch and attend the opening of each other's cafes.

I used to absolutely LOVE Anagha and the way she would infuse traditional Marathi good and make it gourmet. That was also the only year I think they allowed NRI's to participate. Both Anagha and Dinesh were NRIs from US and London as far as I remember.

I had a mini crush on Siddharth Talwar that year!!

ananya3129 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

I remember. That was my favorite season as well. Just did not like Zorawar Kalra ðŸ˜†. I guess they went to Thailand and cooked in some restaurant in Bangkok.  

KabutarHoled20 thumbnail

Personally speaking, I disliked the season with passing episodes because it became a show full of desserts. I liked it in the beginning but I felt it started to lose charm since desserts were being prioritized.

S6 was drama season throughout. I kinda switched it on-and-off.