Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Clochette

I've the feeling that there is a misunderstanding, ohophelia.

Nothing was written against re-releasing TKF as such but against the move to do it JUST NOW, amid the hyped mouvements against Pathan - even not knowing the content of the movie but only two songs, a trailer and a teaser.

I don't think TKF or any movie for that matter should be criticized or slashed from releasing when any big actors' movies are getting released. Pathan landing into controversies is not TKF's fault? When you question the timing of the re-release you end placing the responsibility or the cause of Pathaan facing heat on TKF and it's makers. Why should they be penalised for Pathaan being targeted by a certain section of the country? Again I'm keeping the subject matter of both the movies aside (cultural or otherwise) and only talking in terms of BO business. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Nimbu, where did I deny that there aren't other extremists in India? There have been violence, hate chantings and criminal acts because of extremists and incitement throughout the last decades.

However, NOW, since some years, a politically/governmentally endorsed 'religious' mouvement is on a kind of persecution spree...and THAT is something, a democratic government shouldn't allow. A once secular India, step by step, shall become a Hindu country? Why?

Oh please. What kind of persecution? The one Rana Ayyub talks about? Perpetually crying victim when in reality she enjoys special laws coz of her minority religion? 

What did govt do? Changes laws? Changed constitution which is biased and favors minorities?

Hindus are literally getting persecuted in India if we go by the numbers and factual data. 

So if India turns Islamic nation that is fine? Or India turns missionary Christian nation.. thatโ€™s fine too. 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: sev.puri

NM donโ€™t take the bait pls ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ you can tell who gets their news from extreme left Twitter to be comparing the likes of Taliban/ISIS/multiple beheadings etc to some kind of large scale Hindutva movement. 

@clochette - if you want to create a topic about Germany, feel free to do so. I promise you we donโ€™t need to go all the way back to Hitler to find examples of racism. Just ask Mesut Ozil. ๐Ÿ˜‰ jinke ghar sheeshe ke hoโ€ฆ

Aah. The Goo bear followers. ๐Ÿ˜†

Too late. I took the bait. Will stop now. 

blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Today is the 33rd anniversary of last exodus of kashmiri pandits.

In the movie TKF there is an important character Sharada who is stripped naked before being cut in half by a saw.In real life the woman was gang raped before being cut in half by a saw.

What in the movie is propaganda?that bit where the neighbour was hands in glove with the terrorists?or when all the Hindus were lined up and shot?or the slogans of tsaliv,galiv,ralive(leave,die or convert)?or the condition of refugees in camps?or Anupam kher's character who represented all those who died waiting for their return to their land?

Hindus are humans too,the Indian subcontinent and the world has failed them.The population percentage of minorities has only increased after independence in india while it has decreased in pak and bdesh yet a NYT article writes that "usually hindus and muslims live peacefully in pakistan" and reports a genocide in india over little issues like hijabs being disallowed.There is such propaganda against us,and I and people like me are fine.But Hindus in Pakistan and Bangladesh and kashmir(and Hindus of other states too tbh) have suffered so much.

Me_Harini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Me_Harini, I applaud your posts ๐Ÿ‘... and would like to read you here more often...

I wouldn't question the TKF movie as such, only its use - at the time after its release and how it is used now. One cannot deny that BI (and like-minded members) have a point when questioning the "public demand".

Feeling "sad for India" may arise from things that happen in India on the humanity-level...and THAT makes me sad, too, because all the growing you mention was something, my homeland Germany equally experienced when Hitler and his fascist ideology got the upperhand over democracy and human rights which destroyed not only the life of millions of people inside the country (jews, disabled people, opponents, foreign etnicies), lead to a world war, eliminated all the growth done before but also harmed the German reputation for decades to follow.

Like Pakistan got a world-wide negative reputation by continuously harboring (islamic) terrorists, India is on the verge to get a worl-wide negative reputation through the Hindutwa-mouvement and the authoritarian government that allows/furthers campaigns against human rights.

A globally known actor (and true entertainer) who had done a lot (and still does) of positive 'propaganda' for his country and just said the truth in some  interviews as he feels it, is only ONE OF MANY who gets persecuted in an obviously unfair way.

He is right with everything he said (before becoming silent), even his movie PhirBhiDilHaiHindustani 22 years ago was right.

This man stands for many things that are truly positive (which he also tries to convey through his movie-characters), in India and outside of India....he doesn't support any of the political aims that go against humanity and a secular India.

He is not one of the billionaire industrialists who may dictate/support/accept political currents, he is a soft target with nothing as his grace, work and the love of people as defense. But that is relative as his reputation is - imo falsly - measured with numbers at the Indian box office.

Okay, I think the hindutva movement is a completely different topic, but just to keep it brief, the ruling party has an ideology to support hindutva, but it's not about suppressing other religions in the same way the opposition party has an ideology to appease minorities, so it doesn't mean that they are suppressing hindutva.

Based on who is in the ruling party, the narrative keeps changing. However, I agree that in recent years the Hindutva movement has gained traction, but does this mean they are suppressing other religions? The reality on the ground is quite different.

We can't blame everyone, but there have been forced conversions via missionaries, Love Jihaad, and hindutva gaining popularity. All religions are trying to gain an upper hand. On a wider narrative, since the ruling party has an ideology based on Hindutva, the world might see a narrative only about Hindutva, but the reality is completely different.

I think this is a topic for discussion all on its own.

Now coming back to Pathaan, it's not very logical to think that our cabinet ministers are sitting and discussing boycotting Pathaan or bringing down SRK. As a nation, there are many more issues to discuss.

Just as you mentioned, "The neighbouring country got a world-wide negative reputation by continuously harbouring terrorists."

SRK's statement that the neighbouring country is a good neighbour right after 26/11 irked a lot of people. It's his opinion, and his this statement is doing rounds with boycott call.

From an individual perspective he stated his opinion but for others, it may look wrong, and they will oppose.

So we can't blame people who are opposing this, can we? Each and every person is entitled to their own opinion.

But speaking in general, there are these boycott gangs who are calling for the boycott of all BW movies unnecessarily.

It is not true that SRK is being boycotted solely because he is a Muslim; his religion is one of many reasons, but it is not the only one. Boycott groups are calling for boycotts of all other BW films.

However when it comes to entertainment , Boycott calls dont hold value for general public.

Now a days people watch good content and if Pathaan is good then no one can stop it from being a blockbuster and if the content is not strong enough no amount of PR can actually pull audience to theaters.

There have been many instances of re-releasing films in India, so TKF being re-released might or might not be propoganda, but saying or assuming the film's re-release is propoganda is not right, its just purely business. For Pathaan or any BW movie, WOM will play a role in bringing audiences to theatres based on its content, so all movies should solely depend on its content rather than connecting its success or failure with some other film's release.

Edited by Me_Harini - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

every movie is business only unless it some govt funded ad/documentary, their only job is showing a story and we as consumers buy or dont buy it 

Gangu producers are not donating money to prostitution victims 

Vikram or udta punjab  makers are not giving money to fight drug abuse

chak de india producers did not donate to promote hockey 

why in this case is it some exploitation 

as for boycott,  in a country of 1billion everything will be oppsoed by somebody, even 0.000001% can make a noise, 

if it  was such an important factor so why did drishyam, bb2 or brahmastra work, movies in south are working 

this boycott has become an excuse for bw to cover their failures and play victim, 

audience has lost interest in them has alternatives and moved on, better they focus on engaging and attracting them 

Edited by vcs17 - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail

basically BW was like that over priced over valued start up when boom time happens, whether the money they made or the what they were paid was all blown up and just like bubbles burst in industry, this bubble has burst and market has shown true value because consumers have alternatives,  it happens in all sectors 

the boycott has just added noise to this and diverted the reason 

otherwise it is just market reality, better expand your market by being out of the box or accept your current value just as companies do

iss product ka bas yehi daam denge consumers ab

teekhi.mirch thumbnail

If some government is getting support in their agenda of pushing forward Hinduism then maybe they are getting support from that part of the community as well. 

Why people behave as if Hindu community doesn't matter, jokes, tasteless movies, songs etc. are made based on Hindu gods- goddess and scriptures, why we Hindus can't even protest on something that hurt our sentiments??

If someone say anything wrong about other religions or their leaders we hear slogans like "Sar tan se juda" and actually that people are beheaded on camera. 

Jokes on other religions are not accepted, but on Hinduism it is allowed, what kind of bogus equality is this?

Why should only Hindus sacrifice on name secularism? Yes other communities are also suffering, but so are hindus. 

Maybe now finally Hindus also had enough and are voicing out their opinions? Maybe entertainment industry should also consider that the way they respect other religions, they should respect Hinduism as well.

I am sure they won't loose their creativity when they avoid making low-blow comments and content on Hindus.

Edited by teekhi.mirch - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ohophelia

I don't think TKF or any movie for that matter should be criticized or slashed from releasing when any big actors' movies are getting released. Pathan landing into controversies is not TKF's fault? When you question the timing of the re-release you end placing the responsibility or the cause of Pathaan facing heat on TKF and it's makers. Why should they be penalised for Pathaan being targeted by a certain section of the country? Again I'm keeping the subject matter of both the movies aside (cultural or otherwise) and only talking in terms of BO business. 

No, ohophelia, I don't make TKF or its makers responsible for the re-release. And "Pathan landing in controversies is not TKF's fault. I thought, I made clear that I questioned the date for the re-release, not the movie.

Now, with the information that blahhh gave, I don't question the date anymore. Why wasn't THIS written on the poster or given as information in here in the forum much earlier? I wouldn't have uttered one word against this date.

Nimbu, I don't think that there is any need to get polemical ๐Ÿ˜‰... and as for Rana Ayyub...well, she isn't my 'cup of tea'...I don't read her anymore. I'm fine with you stopping. I prefer posts like the three preceding the one preceding me...

Yes, I also hope for a good content!

(But I also think that cinema is creative art...not only something to make money...)

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
vcs17 thumbnail

as for movies killing others market let us not pretend that big producers, stars everywhere dont corner theaters and control distribution, small movies, indie etc face multiple hurdles to release films, even when wom is bad, big movies wont let other movies comes in so that audiene will watch them as they have no alternative 

OTT has entirely disrupted that modus operandi as now consumers  can watch something else if they dont like the movie playing in theaters