Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sritishabir1 thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Ew. these bhakts are so desperate and lonely. 

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

BI, shhh! Don't say that, it shows your fear of Pathaan tanking! Be confident in SRK's project😅

But Modiji ne inke dil ke tukde kiye by telling them to leave DP's bikini alone😪 tapasya fail Hui sabki😪 

Edited by oye_nakhrewaali - 1 years ago
NatkhatPyare thumbnail

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

that's great. Btw which neighbours are defaulting for atta(what is atta?)? 

Atta means wheat flour. Google for Pakistan and wheat flour / atta and you will get your answers 👍

https://twitter.com/manishmedia/status/1613573076293423104?t=HO9n2Irq4CMYnTf-qGgR4g&s=19

https://twitter.com/dheerajsharmads/status/1612776322081886210?t=_TnZFmKaIFBZKPHVaNVv0w&s=19 

Here's one more..i guess dawn would be more believable for you...

https://www.dawn.com/news/1730883

https://www.dawn.com/news/1730488 

Edited by NatkhatPyare - 1 years ago
blahhhh thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

The truth really has a way of revealing itself doesn't it?People who would root for those movies that whitewash a gangster just coz their fav stars in it are calling TKF a propaganda movie.Regardless of your views on Vivek Agnihotri,not one thing shown in TKF is false.Not one.

Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves,woh alag baat hain ki sharam aayegi nahi.What can be expected of people who deny hinduphobia while arguing on a genocide against Hindus?Yahi agar Muslims par violence pe movie bani hoti hain aur usme exaggeration bhi hota phir bhi yaha logo ko woh propaganda nahi lagti.

Say what you want about Vivek Agnihotri but don't be disgusting enough to call a verifiable and verified movie propaganda.I agree that people have crossed their limits of sensibility in bashing BW but that can be countered without losing one's humanity.

Edited by blahhhh - 1 years ago
Me_Harini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

First and foremost, why are TKF or any other movies from Vivek Agnihotri being tagged as propaganda?

Neither am I a fan of Vivek Agnihotri's films or TKF. TKF was a bit slow in terms of story telling for me, and I found myself bored at times while watching the film. However, I appreciate the film since it depicts the truth about the painful events KP's went through during the exodus, which is absolutely true. Showing the truth doesn't make any film a propaganda-based film.

The topic maker has mentioned KP's plight has been used to mint millions of dollars.

But the irony is that the agenda of the entertainment industry, or any other industry, is to make a product and mint money from the public or its consumers.

They are giving us a product, so as consumers, it's up to us to consume it or not; hence, some films become BO hits and some tank at BO.

If it's particularly about Pathan, the story will be about a soldier saving his country from terrorist attacks. They have made this film to entertain audiences and mint money from the public.

So why is TKF the main topic of subjugation? Is it because of it's re-release?

If Vivek Agnihotri has any agenda for going against SRK's film and releasing TKF a week after Pathaan's release, then that's his own choice, and I think this should not and will not hamper Pathaan's release or its BO collection.

Further, I am not a fan of any actor as such; I am a neutral audience member who likes to watch any film that has good content.

The boycott gang really doesn't have a strong hold on the normal public; most boycott calls happen on Twitter, but I don't think the public usually cares a lot about these boycott calls.

I didn't understand the boycott calls surrounding the orange bikini DP wore in the Besharam song; it was unnecessary controversy.

However, to share my personal opinion, I didn't find Pathaan movie's songs to be catchy or musically interesting enough for me to listen to them frequently.

However, If Pathaan becomes a BO hit, people will say the agenda of releasing TKF a week before releasing Pathaan didn't work, and the same way, if it tanks at BO, people will say releasing TKF a week before worked well as planned and blame will be put on right wing.

Blame games are a bit easy, but audiences consider a lot of factors before going to watch films. Costs of tickets when you are going with your family of 3-4, money to be spent on food while watching movie, the time spent, traffic jams, and various other factors. Hence, people chose event films, larger-than-life films, and good content films to watch in theaters and chose to watch any other films on OTT.

"Content is king," as the saying goes, if the content is good, people will watch.

Kanthaara is an example...

The only thing I liked about Kaanthara were the first and last few minutes. The bhootakola performance and the story around it really made me connect with the film, and the lead actor's performance needs to be applauded. It looked phenomenal to me.

Otherwise, the rest of the movie and its story were not for me. It didn't connect well with me.

However, a large portion of the audience enjoyed it.It had very limited screens, but it connected with people; hence, the screen count increased, and it collected a huge amount at BO.

If Pathan's content is good, the general audience will connect and watch the film, and it will make money at the box office.If content is not strong enough then it will tank at BO.

I believe we should stop referring to TKF as a propaganda film because it depicts the truth of the horrors and suffering that KP's endured.

However, re-releasing may be a propoganda or may not be a propoganda. Do we really know?

For some, it might look like a propoganda; for others, it may not.

For some, TKF may appear to have good content, while for others, Pathaan may appear to have good content. It's all a matter of perception from one's own perspective. The general public has the right to choose what they want to watch, and they are intelligent enough to choose and watch good content according to individual preference and spend their money and time wisely.

Edited by Me_Harini - 1 years ago
Me_Harini thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: PilloWtalk_13

I feel sad for this India!

As a nation, we are doing great, and I think there is no need to feel bad about our nation. We have become the fifth-largest economy in the world. Given the population of our nation, India handled COVID-19 in the best possible way, which has been applauded by many. Our foreign minister is doing excellent work in geopolitics, quality infrastructure is being built, and FDI flow has increased by 18%. In terms of defense and military, we are doing great, and there are many more examples to quote.

I understand we have problems with corruption, hunger, unemployment, and many more, and every other nation has its own pros and cons, just as we too have our own pros and cons, but all in all, I think we are doing great, and as per reports, we should be developed in a few more years.

Films and superstars are just a part of the nation, not the other way around.

Some people support some film stars, and some people oppose them. Supporting and opposing is common in each and every field and every industry. Not only limited to films but also politics, jobs... even having a discussion in your own house, some will agree and some will oppose your thoughts, and this is seen everywhere around the globe and is very normal. Just because some in our family wont agree with our thoughts can we term we are sad with our family, of course not.

It's not given anywhere that a star should not be opposed. Some people adore stars, while others despise them, depending on their personal preferences and opinions.Just because some people oppose a star, there is no need to feel bad for our nation.

We are proud of our country.

Edited by Me_Harini - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

Me_Harini, I applaud your posts 👏... and would like to read you here more often...

I wouldn't question the TKF movie as such, only its use - at the time after its release and how it is used now. One cannot deny that BI (and like-minded members) have a point when questioning the "public demand".

Feeling "sad for India" may arise from things that happen in India on the humanity-level...and THAT makes me sad, too, because all the growing you mention was something, my homeland Germany equally experienced when Hitler and his fascist ideology got the upperhand over democracy and human rights which destroyed not only the life of millions of people inside the country (jews, disabled people, opponents, foreign etnicies), lead to a world war, eliminated all the growth done before but also harmed the German reputation for decades to follow.

Like Pakistan got a world-wide negative reputation by continuously harboring (islamic) terrorists, India is on the verge to get a worl-wide negative reputation through the Hindutwa-mouvement and the authoritarian government that allows/furthers campaigns against human rights.

A globally known actor (and true entertainer) who had done a lot (and still does) of positive 'propaganda' for his country and just said the truth in some  interviews as he feels it, is only ONE OF MANY who gets persecuted in an obviously unfair way.

He is right with everything he said (before becoming silent), even his movie PhirBhiDilHaiHindustani 22 years ago was right.

This man stands for many things that are truly positive (which he also tries to convey through his movie-characters), in India and outside of India....he doesn't support any of the political aims that go against humanity and a secular India.

He is not one of the billionaire industrialists who may dictate/support/accept political currents, he is a soft target with nothing as his grace, work and the love of people as defense. But that is relative as his reputation is - imo falsly - measured with numbers at the Indian box office.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Here we go again talking shit about a movie most of ya’ll haven’t even seen and don’t wish to see. Maybe focus on Pathaan instead for a change.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

We do, sev.puri, we do...however we can also talk about other things, right?

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

We do, sev.puri, we do...however we can also talk about other things, right?

Of course you can, but the topic is on TKF and KPs is it not? Either that or one of us needs glasses😆