Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 1 years ago

Not glasses, sev.puri, just an understanding why TKF was mentioned.

sev.puri thumbnail
Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

Not glasses, sev.puri, just an understanding why TKF was mentioned.

All I see are excuses if the movie fails. Still bizarre to me that a re release of an old movie a week before the biggest actor of our generation releases his movie is even topic worthy. 

Clochette thumbnail

No need to twist the narrative...there may be attempts to make Pathann fail but where do you see "excuses". THAT is only an assumption, not a fact like the attempts.

sev.puri thumbnail

No need to twist the narrative...there may be attempts to make Pathann fail but where do you see "excuses". THAT is only an assumption, not a fact like the attempts.

Hilarious that somehow I’m the one twisting the narrative.😆I wasn’t the one bringing in Hitler and the “sad plight of India” in a topic on KPs and TKF.🙄but ya’ll keep ranting, hope it does wonders for the movie.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Not people here trying to portray the soon-to-be masterpiece Pathaan as the victim due to an old movie being re-released. 😆

Do people not realize how often movies get re-released in India and elsewhere? Keeping the subject of the aside, TKF was wildly successful with no biggies. It minted huge money. Why are people who claim "it's just business" on many occasions losing sleep over a re-release? 

NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Like Pakistan got a world-wide negative reputation by continuously harboring (islamic) terrorists, India is on the verge to get a worl-wide negative reputation through the Hindutwa-mouvement and the authoritarian government that allows/furthers campaigns against human rights.

What Hindutva movement? India has only Hindu extremists? All other religions are peacefully existing?

6 Hindus got beheaded last year for committing blasphemy by Muslim extremists. Is blasphemy allowed in a democracy? I did not know that. 

Whose fault that they got beheaded? Victims fault, right? Or BJPs? But not the perpetrators? 

For online warriors, Everything boils down to Hindutva extremism forgetting that minority religions are equally and more extreme in India. 

Quite unbalanced and biased viewpoint. Which is why right wing support is increasing coz you and likes of you, left liberals are not objective. You never mention and want to even discuss objectively about issue. There are biased laws in India which favors minorities. Precious govt just did minority appeasement for vote bank. That is fine, right? 

Secularism is everyone’s responsibility. For the longest time onus of secularism lied with Hindus in India and still it’s the same. Gala kat jaye to kat jaye.. secularism hai bhai. 🤷‍♀️ peace and harmony. 

Edited by NimbuMirchi - 1 years ago
Clochette thumbnail

I've the feeling that there is a misunderstanding, ohophelia.

Nothing was written against re-releasing TKF as such but against the move to do it JUST NOW, amid the hyped mouvements against Pathan - even not knowing the content of the movie but only two songs, a trailer and a teaser.

And no, in my case at least, there is no loss of sleep.

And you're right, sev.puri, you didn't bring India into this thread, so my mentioning of a part of German history had nothing to do with YOUR narrative. Your "twisting" was the mentioning of "excuses" we would already do even before the release in case the movie fails to get successful ("mint money") in India.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago
sev.puri thumbnail

NM don’t take the bait pls 🙏🏽 you can tell who gets their news from extreme left Twitter to be comparing the likes of Taliban/ISIS/multiple beheadings etc to some kind of large scale Hindutva movement. 

@clochette - if you want to create a topic about Germany, feel free to do so. I promise you we don’t need to go all the way back to Hitler to find examples of racism. Just ask Mesut Ozil. 😉 jinke ghar sheeshe ke ho…

Clochette thumbnail

Nimbu, where did I deny that there aren't other extremists in India? There have been violence, hate chantings and criminal acts because of extremists and incitement throughout the last decades.

However, NOW, since some years, a politically/governmentally endorsed 'religious' mouvement is on a kind of persecution spree...and THAT is something, a democratic government shouldn't allow. A once secular India, step by step, shall become a Hindu country? Why?

Clochette thumbnail

No, I don't want to make a topic about Germany, sev.puri, and racism indeed isn't a German invention but a mankind one.

As for "taking the bait"... I think, it's rather me who take it/them...but fortunately I've the choice (and power) to not get (feel) hurt.

Edited by Clochette - 1 years ago