Mahabharat Katha | Dharmakshetra Nano Writing Contest Results

Posted: 1 years ago

Hello all,

Welcoming you all to Dharmakshetra, the Nano Writing Contest Results Announcement Thread of our "Mahabharat Katha" private forum.

First of all, thanks to each one of you who participated in this contest and made it successful by gifting us such beautiful pieces of yours in both Nano Dramas & Nano Tales category. 

Thanks to all the voters who took time to read and voted for their favourites among the 39 and 104 beautiful entries respectively for each rounds.

Lastly, my sincerest thanks to Madhuri aka Viswasruti for taking her time to judge all the entries for both the rounds. Blind judging had been done by her, none of the author names had been revealed to her. 

A special siggy for our dear judge for getting on board to judge these entries. 

Edited by DelusionsOfNeha - 1 years ago

Popular Choice

Round 1 : Nano Drama

#5. HereAsMyself 

for the Nano Drama

Made with Love.

Vidura: Coarse fare, Vaasudeva, unlike any you must have consumed before.

Background lights up. Woman with plate of food seen running behind laughing child. Krishna, dimly visible, smiles, implying only he can hear it.

Foreground lights up. Krishna, still smiling, takes another bite.

Krishna: No, wise one. Not for years.

🌸

#5. Loving2Missing2

for the Nano Drama

Supine Bhishma rebukes Shrikrishna.

Bhishma:“Vasudev. Unarmed Karna was killed. A pious, kind soul! What kind of Dharmayuddha are you doing?”

Krishna: “He would otherwise kill Arjuna. I was left with no other choice. This battle would have ended with all purposes lost. Karna who is now a martyr, would then be biggest villain!”

🌸

#4. DelusionsOfNeha 

for the Nano Drama

Bhima was blessed by Nagas, and he tormented the Kauravas in mischief. Arjun enjoyed the view from atop a tree.

Yudhishthir: Stop, Bhimsena! You've gone insane with power, this isn't you!

Bhima: Of course, I have. Have you ever tried going insane without power? It's bland and boring.

🌸

#3. Physics_girl 

for the Nano Drama

Lachit : Mother, you taught me to be brave, but if I lose like Abhimanyu?

Nageshwari: He didn't die due to  courage but because of  incomplete knowledge .

Lachit: But didn't his bravery get wasted?

Nageshwari: No, his courage is the reason even his failure is remembered with dignity, son.

🌸

#2. missFiesty_69 

for the Nano Drama

Kanha : Looks like a pigeon! 

Arjuna: It's pigeon.

Kanha: Seems like a vulture. 

Arjuna: Vulture it is. 

Kanha: Its the majestic Garud. 

Arjuna: Indeed!

Kanha: Parth, why wouldn't you tell me what you guess it is ? 

Arjuna: O Kanha, you're Paramarth. Why would be I so foolish to contradict you ?

🌸

Judge's Choice

(Special Awards for all the 80% and above scored entries and their corresponding authors)

Round 1 : Nano Drama

● vaidharbhi95 

for the Nano Drama 

A Clever Move.

(Draupadi is angrily removing her jewellery with maidservant's help)

Maid : "My brother says wise never get angry !"

Draupadi: " How can Parth bring another queen to Indraprastha??"

Maid: "What if she's  not a queen but a humble servant seeking refuge in your lotus feet?"

Draupadi (Smiling) : " As clever as Govind, Subhadra !!!"

🌻

● oye_nakhrewaali ●

for the Nano Drama 

Kunti: You look as radiant as your father, the Sun God. But you are a mistake, an error of my childishness. Farewell, son. That is all I can give you, my precious. I am the most unfortunate mother, and, I know that my misfortune will ruin your destiny.

🌻

● missFiesty_69 ●

for the Nano Drama

Kanha : Looks like a pigeon! 

Arjuna: It's pigeon.

Kanha: Seems like a vulture. 

Arjuna: Vulture it is. 

Kanha: Its the majestic Garud. 

Arjuna: Indeed!

Kanha: Parth, why wouldn't you tell me what you guess it is ? 

Arjuna: O Kanha, you're Paramarth. Why would be I so foolish to contradict you ?

🌻

● tournesol ●

for the Nano Drama

Kunti: I am sorry, putri. I did not know it was you.

When a mother loses a son, her only desire is to see the rest of them together. To never lose them. I just acted like a mother.

On the last day of the war, Draupadi finally understood Kunti.

🌻

HereAsMyself 

for the Nano Dramas

After the War.

Panchaali walking. Uttariya caught in doorway yanks her back. Glaring, she pulls at it hard enough to tear it. Yudhishthira walks in.

Yudhishthira: He is dead, Panchaali.

Panchaali (glaring at him): Unlike my pain. Unlike my memory.

Panchaali walks off. Yudhishthira sighs. The torn uttariya flutters in the doorway.

●●●●●●

Made with Love.

Vidura: Coarse fare, Vaasudeva, unlike any you must have consumed before.

Background lights up. Woman with plate of food seen running behind laughing child. Krishna, dimly visible, smiles, implying only he can hear it.

Foreground lights up. Krishna, still smiling, takes another bite.

Krishna: No, wise one. Not for years.

🌻

BrhannadaArmour 

for the Nano Dramas

Sikhandin (blowing conch): "Hiding behind Asvatthaman and Drona, your life's last seven days ... Face your death!"

Bhisma (laughing): "Wait, Amba!"

Sikhandin (uncomprehending): "Who? 'Mother' ... Ganga?"

Bhisma (blowing conch): "Pandu's five sons want to fight me together. I'll enjoy that battle first, then die."

Bhisma's arrow breaks Sikhandin's bow. Sikhandin falters.

●●●●●●

Dasarni (shrouding Sikhandin's corpse): "Lady, who are you?"

Sthuna: "Sthuna Yaksa. Your husband doesn't need my manhood anymore."

Dasarni (aghast): "A hero's cremation ..."

Sthuna: "Ashes of my organs!"

Dasarni (distraught): "Manhood was his life. Womanhood in death?"

Sthuna becomes male. Sikhandini's body, bifurcated by Asvatthaman's sword, has one breast dangling.

●●●●●●

Yuyudhana (doffing armour): "I told Duryodhana, 'Kill me gloriously, playmate! I've seen enough slaughter.'"

Bhojya (cleaning his wounds): "My childhood ended when you fought Sauviraraja for me."

Yuyudhana shrugs.

Bhojya: "My ten playful babies lie lifeless outside ... ten days already. When I can go to them, what will I see?"

🌻

Loving2Missing2 

for the Nano Dramas

Krishna's Purpose in Mahabharat: Dharmsansthapan!

Uddhav:  Why didn’t you stop this whole destruction?

Krishna: Vidhata’s Vidhan destiny! A person is made aware time and again of righteousness, but he ignores his inner voice. Then only death can make him face the truth! From this destruction, righteousness will burgeon. Humanity now has the boon of Geeta!

●●●●●●

Paritranaay Sadhunam, Vinashayach Dushkrutam!

Bheeshma: “Mahabharat has ended finally. Had the sides reversed that Pandavas ruled Hastinapoor empire and Kouravas asked for share.  I wonder whose side would you then be on?”

Krishna (smiling): “Do you genuinely believe, Pitamah, that all this bloodshed is just for a piece of land? Righteousness is my side!”

●●●●●●

Draupadi’s revenge: The ultimate fruit

Draupadi (Lamenting): All my sons are dead, how?

Krishna (holding her, consoling): What else did you expect, Sakhi? Revenge is boomerang! You throw it at someone but it always comes back to you. That’s why forgiveness is the greatest virtue! You refused to forgive Duryodhana, outcome is you becoming childless.

●●●●●●

Kuchh hua, Bas Kasam li!

Krishna: Parth, pain at your son’s death is understandable; but your oath to sacrifice life……not pardonable! When will you understand the larger purpose of this universe? Draupadi vowed to tie her hair only with Duryodhan’s blood. Each one of you lives in your tiny silos refusing to look beyond.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

#Second Runner up

HereAsMyself 

for the Nano Drama

After the War.

Panchaali walking. Uttariya caught in doorway yanks her back. Glaring, she pulls at it hard enough to tear it. Yudhishthira walks in.

Yudhishthira: He is dead, Panchaali.

Panchaali (glaring at him): Unlike my pain. Unlike my memory.

Panchaali walks off. Yudhishthira sighs. The torn uttariya flutters in the doorway.

🌻

#First Runner up

BrhannadaArmour 

for the Nano Drama

Sikhandin (blowing conch): "Hiding behind Asvatthaman and Drona, your life's last seven days ... Face your death!"

Bhisma (laughing): "Wait, Amba!"

Sikhandin (uncomprehending): "Who? 'Mother' ... Ganga?"

Bhisma (blowing conch): "Pandu's five sons want to fight me together. I'll enjoy that battle first, then die."

Bhisma's arrow breaks Sikhandin's bow. Sikhandin falters.

🌻

Popular Choice

Round 2 : Nano Tale

#5. Moonks

for the Nano Tale

"Kanha, who am I in your life now?" "You have always been my life Maiyya."

🌺

#5. DelusionsOfNeha 

for the Nano Tale

Krishna was willing to negotiate peace while Duryodhana negotiated the war.

🌺

#5. HereAsMyself 

for the Nano Tale

Arjuna tells no one he saw Krishna weeping with Abhimanyu’s first bow in his hands.

🌺

#5. vaidharbhi95 

for the Nano Tale

Sweat trickled down Bhima's forehead , each drop dissolving his pride. The monkey's tail didn't move.

🌺

#5. Bee222

for the Nano Tale

Draupadi clasped her saree tighter. Long after the ordeal was over, she still felt naked.

🌺

#5. Loving2Missing2 

for the Nano Tale

Abhimanyu had only half knowledge of Chakravyuha, yet selflessly and righteously served his life purpose. 

🌺

#5. Physics_girl 

for the Nano Tale

Mahabharat is over, but its impact isn't.

🌺

#5. The.Lannister 

for the Nano Tale

Krishna had arranged a feast for Rudra. At Kurukshetra. All were invited.

🌺

#4. RainOfDew 

for the Nano Tale

"Lakshmi", said Krishna. Rukmini smiled as she felt her Krishna calling her name.

🌺

#4. MaDiee 

for the Nano Tale

Story glorifying values.

Story fighting rights.

Story enlightening knowledge.

Story establishing dharma.

It's epic - Mahabharat!

🌺

#4. The.Lannister 

for the Nano Tale

One’s ego made Krishna pick up a weapon. Another’s bhakti helped him keep his vow.

🌺

#3. Loving2Missing2 

for the Nano Tale

In Dronacharya’s test, Arjun saw only the bird’s eye. In life, he sought only Krishna!

🌺

#2. Moonks

for the Nano Tale

"Who are you Madhav?"

"I am what you want me to be Parth", Krishna smiled.

🌺

Judge's Choice

(Special Awards for all the 80% and above scored entries and their corresponding authors)

Round 2 : Nano Tale

● BrhannadaArmour 

for the Nano Tale

"Can't ... get ... out!" Pariksit whined, inside the snugly tucked deerskin.

Remembering Abhimanyu, Subhadra hugged Uttara.

🌷

● metacrisis 

for the Nano Tale

At the gate of Indraprastha rejoiced the five elephants, with the sixth, their queen, approaching.

🌷

● So-So 

for the Nano Tale

Bhima was entrapped! Yudhishthir answered Dharma-related questions, cursed Nahusha was redeemed, Bhima saved from death.

🌷

● RainOfDew 

for the Nano Tale

"Lakshmi", said Krishna. Rukmini smiled as she felt her Krishna calling her name.

🌷

● Physics_girl 

for the Nano Tale

Lasting merely 18 days, Kurukshetra battle carries lessons for many more than 18 centuries after.

🌷

● missFiesty_69 

for the Nano Tale

The criminals and the silent witness will pay a price for your tears, dear Draupadi. 

🌷

● Moonks 

for the Nano Tale

"Who are you Madhav?"

"I am what you want me to be Parth", Krishna smiled.

🌷

● DelusionsOfNeha 

for the Nano Tale 

Krishnaa, Yagyaseni, Draupadi. A multifaceted personality and she's mostly known for her five husbands. 

🌷

● HereAsMyself 

for the Nano Tale 

Arjuna tells no one he saw Krishna weeping with Abhimanyu’s first bow in his hands.

🌷

● MaDiee

for the Nano Tale 

Story glorifying values.

Story fighting rights.

It's epic - Mahabharat!

🌷

Bee222 

for the Nano Tales

Draupadi clasped her saree tighter. Long after the ordeal was over, she still felt naked.

●●●●●●

Motherly love drowned by fear. Kunti just hoped her child would stay afloat.

🌷

oye_nakhrewaali 

for the Nano Tales

Her baby wasn't just Bharatvansh's future, he was Abhimanyu's last memory for Uttara.

●●●●●●

Satyavati wasn't greedy, but she was ambitious. Only the ambitious can achieve greatness.

🌷

Loving2Missing2 

for the Nano Tales

Devyani loved Kacha but married Yayati. Her revenge against Sharmishtha became her bane in marriage.

●●●●●●

Kindama’s curse to Pandu brought powers of nature to incarnate as humans to accompany Krishna! 

🌷

vaidharbhi95 

for the Nano Tales

Babruvahana unleashes lethal arrow ...   Arjuna Collapses ...

Slayer of grandfather Bhishma lies slain by own son !!!

●●●●●●

Sweat trickled down Bhima's forehead , each drop dissolving his pride. The monkey's tail didn't move.

●●●●●●

Blood oozing from Barbarika's slayed head washed Krishna's feet.

May you be worshipped as KhatuShyam !!

🌷

The.Lannister 

for the Nano Tales

“Couldn’t you have stopped the war?” “Not when you couldn’t even stop your son, mother!”

●●●●●●

Truth battled injustice & emerged victorious from the smoke of the undying pyres on Kurukshetra.

●●●●●●

Mathura sacrificed. Gokul delighted. Gokul sacrificed. Bharat delighted. No good thing happens without a sacrifice.

🌷

# Second Runner Up

vaidharbhi95 

for the Nano Tale

Babruvahana unleashes lethal arrow ...   Arjuna Collapses ...

Slayer of grandfather Bhishma lies slain by own son !!!

🌷

# First Runner Up

DelusionsOfNeha 

for the Nano Tale

Krishnaa, Yagyaseni, Draupadi. A multifaceted personality and she's mostly known for her five husbands. 

🌷

# First Runner Up

Bee222 

for the Nano Tale

🌷

Now it's time to announce the winner names for both the rounds in respective categories. 

Round 1 : Nano Drama Judge's Choice Winner

●  Loving2Missing2 

For the Nano Drama

Krishna's Purpose in Mahabharat: Dharmsansthapan!

Uddhav:  Why didn’t you stop this whole destruction?

Krishna: Vidhata’s Vidhan destiny! A person is made aware time and again of righteousness, but he ignores his inner voice. Then only death can make him face the truth! From this destruction, righteousness will burgeon. Humanity now has the boon of Geeta!

🌹

Round 1 : Nano Drama Popular Choice Winner

● Life_Is_Dutiful 

For the Nano Drama

Krishna: "Radhe! I have to leave you to fulfill my Dharma and Karma."

Radha: "Yes Krishna, the day finally came when I have reached the last step which is your bhakti."

Krishna: "Radhe, Your bhakti'll be greater than my karma. The world'll always take your name before mine."

🌹

Round 2 : Nano Tale Judge's Choice Winner

● MaDiee ●

For the Nano Tale

Story glorifying values.

Story fighting rights.

It's epic - Mahabharat!

🌹

Round 2 : Nano Tale Popular Choice Winner

● vaidharbhi95 ●

For the Nano Tale

His irresistible dimples, mischievous eyes, peacock crown, divine melody of his flute, Rukmini blushed daydreaming !!

🌹

Contest hosted by our wonderful creator, Simantini in the Mahabharat Katha forum. Many thanks for the painstaking and beautiful work dear! 🤗  

The siggies are very colourful and creative!  can't wait to put them in my dabba 😆

I really enjoyed participating in this! 🤗

Thank you so much Madhu for judging the entries and your kind feedback on our tales and dramas🤗❤️

Check the contest discussion and og announcement thread here! Feel free to join the forum if you love the great epic and discussing it with fellow learned members 🤗

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5315333

congrats dear Neha for the successful contest .

Running to read all the lovely entries at leisure .