Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: Quantum-Dot

Thanks for taking part in this contest through voting, Hinna. 🤗 It was not at all an easy job because conducting a contest and that too in a private forum is really difficult which I only got to know after starting it. Inviting members to join, then inviting them to participate, inviting them to vote were really tough. But thanks to each and every authors who participated in this contest, all of them are so talented that all my efforts and hard work got paid off with their beautifully written pieces. 

Oh yes! totally accepted and thoroughly acknowledged! 

So All Participants and winners, let's give "Sims and Madhu" a big

Hip Hip Hurray🤪

Hip Hip Hurray 🤪🤗

Hip Hip Hurray 🤪🤗👏 

Hit your reaction button for both gals!

So-So thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Round 2 : Nano Tale

Assessing 104 tales at once is both a joy and a laborious task.

However, I must admit that the enthusiasm and depth of knowledge displayed by our authors in such a creative manner truly astounded me.❤️

● BrhannadaArmour 

for the Nano Tale

"Can't ... get ... out!" Pariksit whined, inside the snugly tucked deerskin.

Remembering Abhimanyu, Subhadra hugged Uttara.

Mahabharat highlighted human relationships and bondings till the end, which was highlighted in this Nano tale. Good one.

---------- 

● metacrisis 

for the Nano Tale

At the gate of Indraprastha rejoiced the five elephants, with the sixth, their queen, approaching.

The regal tradition was underlined in this Nano story with a delicate and unique grandeur for the queen. A well written one. 

------- 

● So-So 

for the Nano Tale

Bhima was entrapped! Yudhishthir answered Dharma-related questions, cursed Nahusha was redeemed, Bhima saved from death.

This abridged Nano tale beautifully recounted the prominent Vana / Aranya Parva story. 

The succinctness with all the details garnered praise for this entry.

----------- 

● RainOfDew 

for the Nano Tale

"Lakshmi", said Krishna. Rukmini smiled as she felt her Krishna calling her name.

An etheric moment at the abode of a Divine couple!

clever way of presenting the empyrean feeling.

That is what makes this Nano story distinct.

------ 

● Physics_girl 

for the Nano Tale

Lasting merely 18 days, Kurukshetra battle carries lessons for many more than 18 centuries after.

Captured the essence of the Epic and presented it in a succinct and lovely manner. An excellent one.

---------- 

● missFiesty_69 

for the Nano Tale

The criminals and the silent witness will pay a price for your tears, dear Draupadi. 

In this brilliant Nano tale, Krishna gave Draupadi the assurance that both the sinners and the mute witnesses would face punishment, which was a prophecy of an impending war. 

---------  

● Moonks 

for the Nano Tale

"Who are you Madhav?"

"I am what you want me to be Parth", Krishna smiled.

Feelings, not many words, flow in a nano story. The grandeur of this  tale is the ability to communicate the full story without the use of any narration. An excellent one.

------------- 

● DelusionsOfNeha 

for the Nano Tale 

Krishnaa, Yagyaseni, Draupadi. A multifaceted personality and she's mostly known for her five husbands. 

What a terrific way you explained  how Draupadi was sidelined despite being the prime character of this Epic.

This single line is an outcry of anguish about her diminutive portrayal. 

Very well written one Neha. 

------------ 

● HereAsMyself 

for the Nano Tale 

Arjuna tells no one he saw Krishna weeping with Abhimanyu’s first bow in his hands.

The essence of this Nano tale was based on how the Mahabharat highlighted numerous human flaws and deep thoughts of a prophecy and philosophical conundrums. Great writing.

---------- 

● MaDiee

for the Nano Tale 

Story glorifying values.

Story fighting rights.

Story enlightening knowledge.

Story establishing dharma.

It's epic - Mahabharat!

This caught people's attention because the writer did such an excellent job of condensing the entire epic into very few words!

One of the best entries in this whole Mahabharata contest!

----------- 

Bee222 

for the Nano Tales

Draupadi clasped her saree tighter. Long after the ordeal was over, she still felt naked.

●●●●●●

Motherly love drowned by fear. Kunti just hoped her child would stay afloat. 

I realised when I read these entries that they were not written by an average writer, but rather by a writer who has the ability to look into a woman's heart and understand the deepest suffering and anguish.

The first one was scored more than 95%. As I said, all these entries in the 2nd Round  are praiseworthy ones. 

------------- 

oye_nakhrewaali 

for the Nano Tales

Her baby wasn't just Bharatvansh's future, he was Abhimanyu's last memory for Uttara.

The duality in a royal queen's life is underlined in this Nano tale as she gains motherhood after losing her husband.

●●●●●●

Satyavati wasn't greedy, but she was ambitious. Only the ambitious can achieve greatness.

The writer emphasised through this Nano story that,Satyawati is the one who defined and initiated the Kuru Pandava's  birth of conflict, which ultimately has disastrous catastrophe, one of the top scored entries in this contest.

------------ 

Loving2Missing2 

for the Nano Tales

Devyani loved Kacha but married Yayati. Her revenge against Sharmishtha became her bane in marriage.

The love triangle and it's consequences described in brief in an excellent way.

●●●●●●

Kindama’s curse to Pandu brought powers of nature to incarnate as humans to accompany Krishna! 

The emergence of five natural forces to aid God is a novel perspective on the entire process. An innovative concept delivered with precision

----------- 

vaidharbhi95 

for the Nano Tales

Babruvahana unleashes lethal arrow ...   Arjuna Collapses ...

Slayer of grandfather Bhishma lies slain by own son !!!

The scene's backdrop was conveyed in a very powerful way by using word play with  an author's authority.

●●●●●●

Sweat trickled down Bhima's forehead , each drop dissolving his pride. The monkey's tail didn't move.

A well written one on Bhima and Hanuman's combat. 

●●●●●●

Blood oozing from Barbarika's slayed head washed Krishna's feet.

May you be worshipped as KhatuShyam !!

All  these  three entries are exhibiting  the writer's in-depth knowledge, which is truly impressive.

The.Lannister 

for the Nano Tales

“Couldn’t you have stopped the war?” “Not when you couldn’t even stop your son, mother!”

●●●●●●

Truth battled injustice & emerged victorious from the smoke of the undying pyres on Kurukshetra.

●●●●●●

Mathura sacrificed. Gokul delighted. Gokul sacrificed. Bharat delighted. No good thing happens without a sacrifice.

Even though, there's no scope to narrate, build characters, or create setting but these lines still has a deep meaning. That is the beauty of these nano tales, it is clearly visible in these well written stories. 

______ 

Best wishes to all authors. 

Thank you so much for your beautiful feedback 🥰

Loving2Missing2 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

👏● MaDiee ●👏

Story glorifying values.

Story fighting rights.

Story enlightening knowledge.

Story establishing dharma.

It's epic - Mahabharat!

Atha Shree Mahabharat Katha!

Katha hai purusharth ki yeh 

Swarth ki parmarth ki!

The Great Vyasa organised Vedas and was recognised as VedVyasa!

This Epic was the depiction of the "Gameplay of Universe" as he observed during his time...... Such a complex web.... changing every time like a kaleidoscope... a different view, a different perspective!

No wonder, he invited Vighnaharta Ganesh Himself for scribing this great Documentary 

● Loving2 Missing2

Draupadi’s revenge: The ultimate fruit

Draupadi (Lamenting): All my sons are dead, how?

Krishna (holding her, consoling): What else did you expect, Sakhi? Revenge is boomeranged! You throw it at someone but it always comes back to you. That’s why forgiveness is the greatest virtue! You refused to forgive Duryodhana, outcome is you becoming childless.

👏● Viswasruti ●: I absolutely loved this one a lot. Krishna made Draupadi understand her Karma and the outcome of her revenge. In a way, this is simply the moral of the epic Mahabharath.

● Loving2 Missing2

Draupadi, Yagnyasena Panchali

So Pious that she is born from Fire, The one considered the Holiest!

Draupadi.jpg

But her life purpose was Drupada's revenge against Dronacharya! This defined Vidhata's Vidhan for Draupadi's life. We take oaths around the fire for the sanctity of marriage, the equality in marriage. She is fierce like Fire, so she refuses marriage to SootPutra Karna. 

The Kaleidoscope turned! Immediately after marriage, Arjun refers to her as Bhiksha and she has to then accept being wife to all five Pandavas! 

Kunti, Arjun, All Pandavas had forgotten Amba's wrath and self sacrifice for her insult during marriage. Yagnaseni was fire herself but the universe gameplay was different for her.

It was her destiny to be humiliated in KuruSabha. Why didn't she call out to Krishna the moment she was invited to Dyut Sabha in her Rajaswala State? Destiny! 

But pious Sati that she was, the moment she called out,  Krishna came to save his ShreeSakhi.

Her Oath made the Universe Gameplay change again, Mahabharat Battle was defined there itself. In her most shameful state, she was fulfilling her life purpose.

But the Parmatma knew, the origin of this incident was in trivial ego clash between Dronacharya and Drupad.

So he advised her to help her own self through forgiveness.

The outcome of karma "Karmaphal" was inescapable for Parmatma Krishna also. He accepted Kunti's curse for letting Mahabharat happen. How could Panchali escape her karmaphal?

As Madhu rightly judged this to be moral of Mahabharat.... it is!

Geeta is all about Karmayog..... your life as your karmaphal.... and in the universal gameplay, you are ultimately a trivia.... 

If you imbibe Geeta and practice it every day, Krishna will become your life charioteer.

BrhannadaArmour thumbnail

Entry 14 

Even Rukmi’s servants turned to hide a smile when their princess caught his hand.

Since the only proper noun in this sentence is Rukmin, your use of the pronoun "his" led me to believe that the princess caught Rukmin's hand. That's why I had all of the questions below. If you had written "caught Kṛṣṇa's hand," I would have guessed that you were describing the scene of Kṛṣṇa abducting Rukmiṇī.

Which princess? Rukmin's mother? His wife? His sister Rukmiṇī? His daughter Śubhāṅgī? His granddaughter Rukmavatī? If "even" the servants have to hide their smiles, who else is hiding a smile - Rukmin himself?

The Krishna-Rukmini letter-love-pick-up story is something that is honestly so wholesome and touching. It's a perfect example of a love-conquers-all type of message. In my head, maybe not all soldiers/servants employed under Rukmi agreed with the draconian anti-Krishna thing he had going on. Maybe, some of them were rooting for Rukmini?

You know, the last part actually gives me a great idea. Maybe, Rukmi was hiding a smile? What if, even if it has to be an AU thing, we explore Rukmi-as-a-positive-guy? Maybe, Rukmi being so overtly against Krishna in public was what pushed his sister towards him, sort of like a rebellion. Maybe he wanted that all along? The show of being against the marriage was maybe to ensure his sister could safely cut all ties to the Jarasandha-front and go live happily ever after? A loose parallel could be drawn between this idea and the story of how Shiva disguised and insulted himself in front of Uma to test her devotion!

I feel like that could be one angle that has great potential if someone can nail it down and write something.

Please do write the story of Rukmin subtly instigating Rukmiṇī to run away with Kṛṣṇa.

Mahābhārata's version has no love letter; instead, Harivaṃśa 87.13-17 tells us that Kṛṣṇa desired Rukmiṇī just for her reputed beauty (rūpeṇ'āsadṛśī bhuvi. cakame Vāsudevas tāṃ śravād eva), and she desired him just for his reputed energy, heroism, and strength (abhilaṣitas tasyāḥ śravād eva Janārdanaḥ tejo-vīrya-bal'opetaḥ).

Who was telling Rukmiṇī about Kṛṣṇa? The text suggests that it was Rukmin, who competed with Kṛṣṇa of marvellous deeds perpetually, being proficient in astras as a student of Druma Kiṃpuruṣa and Rāma Jāmadagnya. And who was telling Kṛṣṇa about Rukmiṇī? The text suggests that it was Śiśupāla's mother, the paternal aunt for whose pleasure Kṛṣṇa came to attend Śiśupāla's wedding to Rukmiṇī, and whose name just happens to be Śrutaśravas - "hearing-reputation."

The text is silent about Rukmiṇī's feelings when her father Bhīṣmaka accepts Śiśupāla's proposal, when she goes to the Aindra temple to worship Indrāṇī the day before the wedding, and when Kṛṣṇa decides on the spot to snatch her. Only when Rukmin has fallen unconscious, Rukmiṇī falls at her husband's feet to plead for her brother's life (Harivaṃśa 88.27). What Kṛṣṇa discussed with his brother Rāma is also left to our imagination. They were there to please Śrutaśravas, they saw Rukmiṇī going into the temple, they talked, and by the time she came out of the temple, they had decided to abduct her and notified the Vṛṣṇis for cover. Was the Vṛṣṇi woman Śrutaśravas a member of the crowd observing Rukmiṇī's temple visit? How did everyone who came to celebrate with Śrutaśravas agree to spoil her son's wedding?

If you don't write the story, I just might!

I had heard the phrase Karipura-natha-samrakshana-tatparam being used for Krishna in the Vande Vasudevam Kriti, and the imagery has stuck with me ever since.

Karipura = elephant city = Hāstinapura. See more synonyms here.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/161629774

The elephant originated in the name of King Hastin; it became the capital city's mascot; you associated it with the princes and relocated it to Indraprastha ... that's how poetic allusions develop across centuries.

Also, Pandavas == Elephants is imagery, as you mentioned, that is in fact consistent with the general tone of MB.

As for the gate, I always imagine the 5Ps+D being sort of the protector/gatekeeper for Indraprastha, they did give their life and soul in building that city. So in my mind, if you approach the city with friendship in mind, they'll be the first to receive you...and if you approach as enemies, they would be the first obstacle in your path.

Draupadi approaches because I borrowed a bit from classical dance vocabulary...when the general characters are already on stage, when the main, more important character makes a dynamic entry, establishing their significance above the rest of the characters.

I appreciate this thoughtful explanation.

Your nano-tales were amazingly rich in content, as in all of your other work also. The thing I like most about your stuff is that it makes one think. You also write about things that we've all felt while reading the text, but never really had the guts to just write it out (for eg. the Jayadratha and Satyabhama). Keep it up, and we want more from you! smiley4

Thank you so much for the encouragement. Since you've written about Śikhaṇḍin, and that was the topic we first discussed in the Mythological Masti forum, I was expecting your reactions to my three Nano Dramas and one Nano Tale featuring Śikhaṇḍin, his wife Dāśārṇī, and his son Kṣatradeva. If you don't have comments on them specifically, that's fine too.

You voted for my Nano Tale featuring Turī and Jarā, but your posts in this thread don't mention it. Do you like dark humour?

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Madhu, GA ka thoda followup kar lo please, Shruti hasn't opened my PM yet smiley9

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Entry 37 

Pritha's heart ached everytime she saw her first-born, ever so close yet so far away.

Although I voted consecutively for three Nano Tales about Pṛthā's feelings after giving up Karṇa, it wasn't because this plot point holds any special appeal for me. Each entry had its own unique spark. In this one, "heart ached" and "so close yet so far away" are cliché expressions, but I liked the detail that this story happens "everytime" Pṛthā sees Karṇa, which tells me that her heartache is an involuntary, visceral habit. Karṇa is physically close, but far away in society and in spirit, being a sūta allied with the enemy.

My speciality lies in taking the cliché and making it feel different. As one of my friend said for my writing, it feels very simple in once glance but has layers of meanings. 

This came to my mind as I remember both the BRC's MB & Starbharat where Kunti is almost teary eyed when she sees Karna and goes through a range of emotions in different scenes. When Karna challenges Arjun, she's excited and eager to see the prowess of her sons and is disheartened when Arjun rebukes him and calls him Sutaputra. There are a lot of such scenes which made me write this line.

vaidharbhi95 thumbnail
Micro Phobia Contest Participant 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

So HariVamsa Puran, has nothing like love story ?

Krishna is formally invited to attend  Rukmini-Shishupala wedding and he suddenly decides to abduct her without him knowing about her feelings ?

( This seems weird, kidnapping a woman without consent feels so unlike Krishna )

So Shrimad Bhagavat is the only text that supports a full fledged love story with letter ?