Is it okay for a couple to separate EVEN if the wife is at fault?

Posted: 1 years ago

So the usual storyline for YRKKH leaps (and many other shows' leaps) is that FL hides something or gets into a situation that indirectly results in a family member's death. She doesn't get a chance to explain herself, everyone blames her (including her husband) and they separate. 

Usually the conflict is resolved when the truth of the FL comes out after the leap that she didn't do anything to purposefully harm someone. Then ML realizes his mistake and they get back together again.

My question is that is such an ugly divorce or separation justified EVEN if the FL is at fault? Like let's say Akshu actually did make a mistake that caused Neil's or Anisha's death. Just HYPOTHETICALLY. I know in reality, she never meant to harm anybody. But if she did make a mistake, is the divorce/separation justified? 

Isn't the point of a marriage -- the most sacred and pious of all bonds, the bond that connects you beyond time and space -- isn't the point of such a marriage that you stick with your partner through thick and thin? 

Most of the debate on this forum is on the grounds that Akshu is innocent (which I believe she is), thereby making Abhi wrong. But if she were actually at fault, would you accept their decision to separate? 

I personally believe that considering Akshu's good heart and considering the fact that Abhira have been pitched as soulmates, Abhi should have enough love in his heart to at least consider that it was just an accident. If he truly loves Akshu, shouldn't it be his instinct to defend her? Shouldn't he be trying to find reasons to believe she is innocent?

Even in real life, no matter how toxic our loved ones or partners may be, we always try to find a way to defend them. Someone could be a demented criminal but their loved ones would refuse to believe it. They would find some way, some loophole to prove the world wrong. 

Shouldn't that be Abhi's instinct as well, to find some loophole, some way, some angle to believe that Akshu didn't cause this tragedy? Especially since he knows how much of a good heart Akshu has? (Even if she makes dumb or stupid decisions sometimes)

Even if anyone of made mistakes together they should overcome their problems shortcomings 

An ITV trait

ML blaming FL for everything and after knowing truth wallowing for sympathy 

Same happening in every damn show😡

Originally posted by Dewdrops1995

An ITV trait

ML blaming FL for everything and after knowing truth wallowing for sympathy 

Same happening in every damn show😡

Exactly. And what I don't understand is that why every ML's first instinct is to blame the FL. It's not only the fact that there isn't enough trust or communication, it's the fact that it doesn't align with basic human nature.

When we love someone, we always try to find excuses for their transgressions. Our first instinct is to defend someone we love. That is basic human psychology. 

Sorry for coming in between....

I've seen situations like these in many families around me and the best part the couple are holding on to themselves. Can't Abhi speak to her once and ask her what has happened? 

I don't know if anybody watched Pakistan drama called "Ishqiya". There's a character called Azeem who's been the best husband so far for me. I expected Abhi to be like that. But I'm clearly disappointed 

First of all why separation and milap again? It's been only what ? 2 months since the last separation ..trps r also above 2..then why screw up the entire thing , unless they want to end it ? 

Coming to the topic , that's exactly where I lost connect with kaira too...I believed even if naira was at fault in shubhams case , kartik should have understood her and move on..why can't any of them think rationally ? If shubham was a druggie he could have died with OD anytime , therez nothing they could have done . Similarly whatever the circumstances were , of Neil and akshara did something, there must be a reason behind it ..so why this drama of divorce everytime a Birla dies ? At this rate there won't be any Birla left next yr and they will have to go for a generation leap😕

What they call love was always non existent in abhiras case..supporting the person you love , no matter how good or bad they are , how right and wrong they may be, fighting for them wth the world is what true love is about ..

The fact is birlas r a toxic and dysfunctional family who doesn't deserve a simple pure hearted girl like akshara..yes she may be dumb sometimes but that doesn't mean she should be punished like this 

Edited by Krinya - 1 years ago

Always thought this should be the safest ITV show relatively, Considering whatever I have heard and known about the legacy, DKP...sigh, what a mess.

Not just the story, even the way miscarriage is being portrayed as something after which a woman can continue walking freely without even a basic D&C from a family full of doctor's owning supposedly the biggest hospital in town. Her walking around in a white dress was equally disturbing for me, D&C nahi dikhaya, bleeding kya dikhayenge. Not watching this whole week at all.

Domestic violence against a woman who supposedly just had a miscarriage.

And sadly, If they wanted to go for some sort of star crossed love trope ...There were a million ways to do it other than this crappy storyline.

Basic humanity is a mistake, Akshu maybe stupid but in her heart the girl holds no malice and if her soul connect life partner cannot understand that then what's even the point of this love. Lets see if they show a conversation tomorrow, either ways they have killed the charm, inhumanly that too. They have destroyed Abhimanyu's character a lot this week.

The only trope this show now serves is Love alone is never enough for a relationship to flourish but really sad to see the other toxic shit DKP and channel has decided to serve for petty TRPs even when the show is constantly in top 5 in an over competitive slot. They've destroyed a love story that had a lot of potential atleast the actors playing the titular roles definitely displayed it multiple times. Even the side cast deserve a better storyline, Arohi is also just used like a trigger for audience; even if they show character growth her basic traits are not at all endearing.

Here is a better question. Is it ok for a husband to keep initiating divorce at a moments sign of his family being in a problem and thinking his wife is responsible for his family problems, even despite claiming how much he loves her? ðŸ¤¢ 

Marriage is a joke for this guy now. Second time he initiated divorce for his family, after all his big talks of love etc at the end he throws his marriage away easily any time tragedy befalls his family. Just stay single then for goodness sake. Glad I stopped watching this show. This season is the worst. 

Originally posted by Miss-Behave

Here is a better question. Is it ok for a husband to keep initiating divorce at a moments sign of his family being in a problem and thinking his wife is responsible for his family problems, even despite claiming how much he loves her? ðŸ¤¢ 

Marriage is a joke for this guy now. Second time he initiated divorce for his family, after all his big talks of love etc at the end he throws his marriage away easily any time tragedy befalls his family. Just stay single then for goodness sake. Glad I stopped watching this show. This season is the worst. 

YES!!! EXACTLY...

Like you don't see parents disowning kids, or kids declaring themselves as orphans when anything goes wrong. How is the bond of a marriage so easily dissolved as if it were ice cream??? A marriage that is supposedly described as something that connects two souls beyond lifetimes?? 

Kaira and Abhira have made words like marriage and divorce a joke.

Even in season 1 there was a divorce but that was after the family had done so many efforts to keep the couple together, i.e. Rashmi and Nikhil. They finally went through with the divorce when it became evident that Nikhil didn't want to put any efforts into his marriage and had left Rashmi for another woman.

But the rest of couples respected the sanctity of marriage. Akshara-Naitik, Mohit-Nandini, Varsha-Sharuya, etc.

Originally posted by Aditi_X

YES!!! EXACTLY...

Like you don't see parents disowning kids, or kids declaring themselves as orphans when anything goes wrong. How is the bond of a marriage so easily dissolved as if it were ice cream??? A marriage that is supposedly described as something that connects two souls beyond lifetimes?? 

Kaira and Abhira have made words like marriage and divorce a joke.

Even in season 1 there was a divorce but that was after the family had done so many efforts to keep the couple together, i.e. Rashmi and Nikhil. They finally went through with the divorce when it became evident that Nikhil didn't want to put any efforts into his marriage and had left Rashmi for another woman.

But the rest of couples respected the sanctity of marriage. Akshara-Naitik, Mohit-Nandini, Varsha-Sharuya, etc.

Shaurya too cheated on varsha didn't he but varsha accepted him with his child kuhu as far as I remember? So the only couples who truly respected marriage were akshara-naithik and mohit-nandini.

Seriously disappointed with abhi. ITV in general makes mockery of marriage because they have no other story to tell.

Edited by Miss-Behave - 1 years ago